Cow's mik

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So can our LO's have strait cows milk? DD is always taking DS's sippy that has milk in it and gets a good amount from it. This happens o much. I cna't say no milk for DS but it's hard not keep an eye on the sippy so DD doesn't get it. Plus DS loves to share it with her.

January 22nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Technically no, they shouldn't get cow's milk. But we have the same problem here. A lot of people start introducing it at about 10 months though, so at this point there's probably no harm in the small amount she gets. Just watch for allergies or other reactions.
January 22nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
With DS we started at 10.5 months. We had no problems and i was thinking about doing the same.

January 22nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the same problem here. Mason does everything he can to take dd's sippy cup while she's not looking. It's kind of funny and aggravating at the same time

January 22nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just started transitioning to cow's milk. We did it at 10.5 months with Aiden and out pedi is pretty easygoing about it. At this point, with them being so close to a year, it's less about allergies and more just making sure they get the iron that's in BM and formula but not in cow's milk. Our boys get plenty of iron from their solids so I don't worry about it. So I definitely would not stress over her taking some from her brother.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 22nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We waited to transition until after Mikeys 12 month doctor appointment but that was only bec/ i wasnt sure if they would have him switch based on his actual age or his adjusted age. When i got to his appointment they asked me if i had already started to transition him... so i think you can start to transition around 11 months or so. I would assume since shes already getting some of her brothers milk that it wont really be an issue getting her switched over but since shes under a year she should still get the vitamins and such from formula/BM bec/ milk doesnt have all the added nutrients

January 22nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
I don't plan on switching completely till after a year and when she's about 11 months I'll be mixing formula and milk in her bottles and having her off the bottle at 13 months like I did with DS. So she never will get strait milk always mixed with formula when officially start just that fact that she's taking DS strait made me a little nervous if it was okay.

January 22nd, 2011, 12:16 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Karsyn grabs Kinley's sippy with milk/chocolate milk in it, but its got the hard top and she can't figure out how to get the milk out--so no problems there yet.

I nursed Kinley for a year and a week lol, but around 11 months I would start giving her some whole milk a few times a week...and she would still nurse all night. Then at a year I switched to straight cows milk in a sippy--no bottles. I plan on doing the same with Karsyn. I would like to stop nursing at a year, but if she wants to nurse at night I'll keep nursing at night for a few more months.

January 22nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's not a huge deal at this point since most babies can digest it, but I wouldn't do straight milk all the time yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search