Here's yet another milk question....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2011, 08:43 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mason is on soy formula. So I'd thought I'd try to gradually switch him to a milk based formula so that we can get him on whole milk at 1 year.

I gave him one bottle that was 5 oz of soy formula and 1 oz of milk based formula.

He drank it and then spit up and had the foulest gas for 3 hours after that. He had that bottle around 7 pm and ended up sleeping with me that night b/c he couldn't get comfortable. I felt bad for even giving it to him at that point.

He has reflux but lately he doesn't spit up much at all. That particular bottle though he was spitting up constantly.

So what now? Should I just assume that I'll need to switch him to something other than cow's milk at 1 year and if so what?

I really don't like soy milk and I personally drink Almond milk but since that's a nut milk could he even have that?

He'll be 10 months old on Tuesday. By now I thought he would be close to getting over his milk problem. My other kids had a milk sensitivity also but they were able to have some whole milk at 11 months and then at 1 year they went straight to whole milk.

January 22nd, 2011, 09:58 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
You can switch him to almond milk, tree nuts are different than other nuts. But still watch for allergies. Otherwise I've got nothing... I've never had to deal with a milk allergy. I hope you do get something figured out for him though.
January 22nd, 2011, 11:25 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My nieces where on soy formula and switched to soy milk and almond milk at a year. About 2 years they tried the regular milk and started to be able to drink it just not in large amounts. I think they liked the almond milk better.

January 22nd, 2011, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Violet is BF, but she's shown an issue if I have too much milk to drink. DH is majorly lactose sensitive and most Asians are, so I wouldn't be surprised if Vi can't tolerate whole milk, although Lily drinks it fine. Anyway, I'm personally not comfortable with doing soy milk too much due to the fact that most soy milk is now made from genetically modified crops, etc. So I talked to Vi's pedi and she recommended rice milk or almond milk. We're going to see if Vi can tolerate whole milk at a year first though and then I'd probably do rice milk first and see how that works.

January 22nd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks guys. I'll ask the pedi about it also but I absolutely LOVE my almond milk. So it would be easy to just give him that you know, if he can have it that is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search