Another food issue

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2011, 11:49 AM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Is anyone else concerned about when their LO makes the transition to only eating "real" food? (Obviously not those of you doing baby-led solids, although maybe you have good advice too.) Although Jamie gets most of his solids from purees, he is doing really, really well with "real" solids and each day has more interest in the food on my plate than his purees. The last few days I've been sharing my chicken, turkey, sandwich meat, fish, veggies, etc. with him in little pieces as a supplement to his purees. He loves it and I know the day is coming when he is going to start rejecting the purees. Anyway, I have become a really, really lazy and unprepared cook over the last few years. Don't get me wrong - I can cook a feast for 30 and am really good at cooking - but as a single woman most of my meals have become a hodge-podge of microwave meals, bits of leftovers, whatever I can defrost at the last minute since I forgot to plan ahead, etc. So bad as growing up my mom was really good at planning a protein, vegetables, a starch, etc. I'm really worried about when I have to make sure I have proper meals planned for Jamie. I do have a slow cooker but its not so much the cooking that is the problem - its having the discipline to plan ahead so there is food ready to cook and also to make sure he is getting the right balance of nutrients. (On a good note I have been making more and more of an effort to eat my meals with him, at the table, rather than feeding him first and then trying to grab something at 8 or 8:30pm after he is asleep.) Anyway, before I ramble on, anyone else thinking about this?

January 22nd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We do Baby Led Solids and I just make sure that I always have a good amount of fresh fruit and veggies available just in case. That way when I don't have a meal planned, or DH grabs something I'd prefer not to give the girls, I still have a healthy meal for Violet. I keep a lot of eggs on hand as well for the protein and I'll just scramble an egg up and give her some steamed veggies and some sliced fruit. It's a pretty healthy meal and it doesn't require planning except for making sure you get the groceries and keep your fridge stocked.

January 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
blah my post didnt make sense

January 22nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I keep the little diced fruit cups on hand and the diced veggie cups too. That way, in a pinch, I can break those out with some cut up deli meat or a scrambled egg. But I have to cook for DH and I and usually do a standard meat, veggie, starch dinner.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search