What is up with diaper sizing?!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2011, 06:07 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chase is in 3's as I assume most of our babies are. He only weighs 20 pounds and the 3's say they go up to 28 pounds. Well they are already not fitting right! They are definitely not too small in the waist (the tabs could be a lot further apart) but the tabs are starting to cut off his legs. If I try to compensate by not pulling them up as high in the back then he almost has plumber crack! Maybe I am challenged in the art of putting on diapers but I am getting soooo annoyed!!!! And Chase is not tall so that wouldn't explain why they don't seem long enough.

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 23rd, 2011, 06:16 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Aly is tall and is having the EXACT same problem!! So I don't think the culprit is height.

I feel awful for her b/c when I change her diaper there is little red marks around the corners of her thighs...they are huge around her waist, but it seems so snug around her legs.

We are using Pampers size 3 Cruisers.

January 23rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we are still in size 2's here. Matilda has legs like her dad. Chicken legs!
January 23rd, 2011, 07:01 AM
We are wearing Huggies right now but only because they were a diaper shower gift that we couldn't return. I despise Huggies! But we have been having this problem so I don't think it is specific to one brand. I love Pampers Cruisers. Thats what we have been buying. Chase is definitely a Pampers baby!

January 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jed is in Huggies size 3. We only use Huggies because that is what they sell at Costco! I have noticed that they are getting snug. We will probably finish out this box of 3's and then switch into 4's. I already have a jumbo box of 4's in the closet!

January 23rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Jamie is a Pampers baby too. He is in size 3 and they're still working just fine but I have a hard time believing they're going to fit him for another 8 or 9 pounds.

January 23rd, 2011, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're in size 3 baby dry... we tried cruisers at first and they fit him HORRIBLY! If you like Pampers i might try baby dry instead? Oddly enough they fit really differently despite being the same brand. Otherwise, i have no suggestions... M's cut into his thighs and he's only 20ish lbs also

January 23rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
That is a really good point about there possibly being a difference between Pampers Cruisers and Pampers Baby Dry. I bet they make the Cruisers with tighter/smaller leg openings to try to prevent leakage for kids who are cruising - i.e. crawling and walking around a lot. I have both - I should measure them against each other.

January 23rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
Mommy2SB's Avatar Member
Bryce has been in size 4 since he was about 6 months old. He has "thunder thighs" he inherited from me. Hehe.. And the Size 3 diaper tabs weren't going around his buddha belly. He was 21lbs when I took him in for a checkup at 8 mos when he was sick. So wouldn't be surprised if he is still 21/22lbs when I take him in on Wed for his 9 month checkup.

We use Huggies diapers. Pampers are too thin and I don't like how they have the perfume scent in it because then I can't smell if he poops in there!!! LOL.
January 23rd, 2011, 09:48 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
Audrey has been in size 4 for quite a while now.. We use luvs, and have used them 99% of the time... they fit her really well, and I like the new style that they started using, they seem to move better with them.. The 4's say they go up to 27 or 28 pounds.. Audrey is 22 pounds... Maybe try a different brand? I really really like luvs and I think they compare really well to pampers.. I don't use huggies only because I think they make audrey smell like pee...Not that they don't work well, but I think for the price being the same as pampers, I just prefer scented diapers..
January 23rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
I will definitely try the baby dry Pampers, thanks Sam! Hoping that solves the problem. I love that the Pampers are scented! It's my favorite! I don't ever have a problem smelling it when Chase poops though haha!

January 23rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Karsyn has been in size 4 Cruisers/Baby dry for a while now..and I'm about to move her up to size 5. I go up sizes when you can latch them but the little tabs are about on her hip bones and not on her belly. She is catching up to Kinley...Kinley is in size 6 diapers at night! lol

Both of my girls were really chunky. Karsyn is around 22lbs right now and they both have always had chunky thighs. We've only used Pampers..I hated Huggies--they were too stiff IMO.

Last edited by DondraB; January 23rd, 2011 at 03:27 PM.
January 23rd, 2011, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Rachels been in Huggies 4's for a while (we get them at costco too) and she's only 17 pounds. I found the 3's were starting to leak a bit, especially at night, so I just moved her up. I do not like that Huggies aren't scented...I always feels like she smells like pee...eww! But they are just so much cheaper to buy in bulk!
January 23rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
We use Huggies Little Movers and I LOVE them. But I bought a box of Huggies Snug & Dry because we were in a pinch while on vacation and I'm not a fan. I loved Pampers in the beginning, but once Rilynn started chunking up in the thighs, they started to fit horribly and explosions were an everyday occurrence so we switched to Huggies and now I won't touch Pampers with a 10 foot pole. But even within the same brand, the little movers and the snug & dry fit differently. I highly recommend Little Movers for the thigh problem, cause they are cut to shape around their little legs much more so than the Pampers ones. Hope that helps!

Forever Missing Our 4 Angel Babies... Forever Missed, Always Loved
January 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I love LUVS!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search