Mad - GRR

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
GRRR! I have to vent. One of the women at Mommy and Me showed up last week with a LO who was visibly sick - I mean crying, bright red eyes, liquid absolutely streaming from his nose. Not just a little sick. At one point there was actually a stream of liquid from his nose all the way to the floor. She was convinced he was just having an allergy to something. No way! Everyone did their best to not get close and to give her credit she did keep him close to her most of the time. BUT, now I am sick - well, not sick, but a really cruddy, cruddy cold, and Jamie started rubbing at his face and pulling at his ear today. And one of the other mommies has the same thing going on in her household. The mom who brought the sick kid is a friend and I know she didn't have bad intentions but it was just such a poor use of judgment. I am sooooo stuffy despite taking a whole bunch of cold medicine. WAAAAHH!!! I really hope Jamie doesn't come down with it too but I suspect its too late.

January 23rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry! I would've been upset too! I hope Jamie doesn't get it.

Honestly last week i went to my new mommys group thinking i was pretty much over my cold but that night i started feeling worse and realized i shouldn't have gone earlier and felt bad about it. It is just not worth the risk even if someone is just a little sick.

January 23rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry! I hope y'all feel better soon!!

Kinley has been sick since Wed after school...we haven't gone anywhere and I"m keeping her home from school tomorrow and taking her to the dr. I'm pretty sure she got it from some kids at McDonalds on Monday when DH took her to play/eat lunch...he said these kids were sick and playing in the playground thingy. He told Kinley to stay away from them...their mom even said, keep your socks on because you are sick! Ugh!!

January 23rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why do people do that sort of thing?

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 23rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope you feel better soon! I took Vi to a playdate a few weeks ago and one child was obviously sick and the mom said it was "just teething". Vi and every other child there got the same thing within 2 days. It was no fun at all!

January 23rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate that. I hope he feels better in no time hun!! I think people need to learn that when kids don't feel good, you keep them home!!

January 24th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Poor little man is going down hill fast :-(. Taking him to the pedi at 4pm. He was supposed to have his 9 month check-up tomorrow anyway, so thankfully they're going to combine the two appointments. They said that if they don't think he's well enough for the vaccinations they can still do the rest of the exam and then I can stop in any time for a nurse to give him the vaccinations. Wonder if I can bribe the pediatrician to take care of me too? LOL

January 24th, 2011, 12:40 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Poor guy!

The pedi might treat you too. The girls' Dr. gave me meds at their appt a few weeks ago. But she's also my GP so maybe not. Can't hurt to ask!
January 24th, 2011, 12:50 PM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When Addisyn got her very first cold I was shocked because she was only 2 or 3 weeks old and we hadn't gone anywhere! Here I didn't even realize that one of our family members had come and as she was leaving told my MIL that she was going to home to lay down as she wasn't feeling well and debated about even coming over. Wonderful!! I was so upset. How rude.

Poor little guy, I hope he feels better soon!
January 24th, 2011, 02:29 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Definitely poor judgement! I hope you both feel better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search