Have you switched to a store brand formula?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 07:53 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Addisyn is on Enfamil and I was at Target getting of course another tub of powder when I noticed that the up&up brand is stating to compare to Enfamil. Just wondering if anyone is on that or switched to it as your LO has gotten older to be able to tolerate a different formula. Is it worth switching at this point?

Her daycare also provides formula of Parents Choice so I don't have to send with formula and save more for home use. Just looking for others experiences or advice. Thanks

Oh also I want to add that Addisyn does not drink the Parents Choice formula since I send with 4 bottles for the day. I'm thinking I want her to start but not sure if its worth it?
January 24th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Ha! I was in Target last week and had the exact same experience. I was going to ask the same question - Jamie is an Enfamil baby but is it possible/worth it to switch to a less expensive brand at this point? We're headed to the pedi today so maybe I will ask him too. (I guess I'm secretly hoping he'll tell me just to start introducing milk - but I know its a little early for that.)

January 24th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We never switched... it did cost a lot but we just stayed with what we knew worked for him

January 24th, 2011, 08:51 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We really only ever used store brands with Kaija and it was so worth it. The few bucks add up! Formula is Federally regulated so they really are pretty much all the same. You end up paying for the shiny package and marketing, not the powder in the can.
January 24th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I should clarify - we had to use extra calorie, especially for preemie formula for half his bottles and there were no store brands that really compared to it so we had to stay with Enfamil there... so we did for the other half of his bottles too

If he had been a "normal" baby i probably would have used store brand or Gerber

January 24th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We switched from Similac to Parents Choice and she does perfectly fine with it! Saving almost $10 per can!

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
January 24th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Baby Wrangler
We do Parent's Choice now! She's fine with it although she'd take any kind of table food over her formula any day. We never had any issues with reflux or anything like that though so I wouldn't have any advice if you have.
January 24th, 2011, 10:11 AM
No we really haven't had issues with reflux, she's on Enfamil Gentlease because the "regular" kind gives her very horrible gas. I had seen that you can get sensitive up&up and Parents Choice. So I'm considering it.
January 24th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're on Enfamil too and I never made the switch...although it has been tempting for sure. I got alot of formula sample cans for free from my previous employer that lasted until about October...and then I just was nervous switching her. But even her pedi said that they are all pretty much the same so if she tolerates store brand to go for it. Since she's almost a year I'll probably just stick with Enfamil for now, but next baby will probably be a generic formula baby!
January 24th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dd was on Parent's Choice and so is Mason. At first when he was on Nutramigen I used the Enfamil brand but now I get the store brand. Much cheaper and it's the same thing.

January 24th, 2011, 01:15 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
We've been using the Parents Choice Sensitive since Levi was about a month old. Our pedi said that all formula's that are made in America are fine. He's never had a problem on it and it saves us money.
January 24th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a billion similac coupons so I stocked up! But without a coupon that makes it worthwhile, I use parent's choice sensitivity. Jed can't tell the difference!

January 25th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Great! Thanks ladies I think I'm going to try it.
January 25th, 2011, 08:27 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After reading your post yesterday I actually went and bought some of the up and up today. I read the labels and there is only 1 thing different in the up &up so I figured I'd try it. If she's fine with it and it's gonna save some money for a few months then why not?

[IMG][/IMG]

January 25th, 2011, 09:34 PM
jojobug414's Avatar Mommy to a Miracle
Up & Up is all we've used with Joey and we've had no problems! One thing I have found strange about it is whenever I've had to buy the 23 oz can the powder doesn't seem to dissolve as cleanly as the 40 oz can...like it leaves alot of residue on the bottle. It doesn't make any sense. So I just make sure to stock up on the 40 oz!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search