Cranky baby...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I finally got the Dr to switch Alex off of the high calorie formula. Well I got the regular formula for him, and ever since we started that he has been really cranky. He acts like he is being starved. He has started eating a lot more solid food, but even with that he wants to eat a bottle every three and a half hours. I try to get him to wait four hours, but that ends up with him being cranky until I give him his bottle. I don't know what to do for him. The second I give him his bottle he guzzles it down, and then starts to cry cause he is still hungry. I feed him regular food before and after every bottle because of how he has been acting. Is that what I am going to have to do until he gets off the formula? I spend more time feeding that child than anything else. I never had to switch formulas with my other kids, so I don't know if this is normal or not. I didn't think that there was that much of a difference with the formula. It is only a 16 calorie difference per bottle. Shouldn't the regular stuff be just as filling since he is still taking in the same amount of food? Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 24th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Could it be a growth spurt? There is a growth spurt around 9 months and that could be making him way hungrier right now.

January 24th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He may be going through a growth spurt, but I'm not sure. We just started him on the new formula on Friday, and that is when he started getting cranky. He isn't teething right now that I can tell, so I don't think that is the problem. He just acts like he is starving. Any time food gets near his mouth he attacks it. I just hope that he starts to get back to his normal happy self soon.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 24th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
How many ounces are you giving him per bottle?

January 25th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He gets four 8 ounce bottles every day. On top of that he eats breakfast has a mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner. For the snacks he gets the same thing my older two get which is either fruit or a veggie. For the other meals he gets what we are eating.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search