Vi's 10 month appt

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kaiser does 10 month appts here instead of 9 month ones, so since Violet is 10 months today we had her appt. I can't believe there are only 2 months until she turns 1

Her appt. went pretty well. They asked if she could pull up yet and then I put her down and they saw her walk, so that answered that Then they had some questions on how much she's eating/nursing/sleeping, etc. My pedi is fine with however I do things so there were no issues there. They asked if she had a parent born outside of the US and DH was, so they wanted to give Vi a TB test. One of DH's sisters and my mom both have had positive TB tests in the past, so both Lily and Vi will probably have to get TB tests done annually just in case since they're around my SIL and my mom a lot. No one has actual active TB, but they just test positive for it and there's a chance it could activate, so we're just being careful.

Anyway, she got her TB test and one other shot that I'd delayed.

Her stats were 20lb, 12oz (71% for girls), 27" (17.7% for girls) and her head was in the 90th percentile. Her pedi was a little concerned about her height since she's only grown an inch in 4 months and dropped from the 61% down to 17.7%, but she said we'll wait to see what she is at her next appt (at 14mo) and she might be moving to a new curve. She mentioned wanting to do a blood test at 14mo if Vi drops in height again just to make sure there's not a thyroid issue or something.

January 24th, 2011, 02:24 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
She sounds like she's doing great! Maybe she'll just be on the shorter side in height later in life. I hope everything regarding her height comes out all right. KUP!

Oh, and I didn't know that they had to test for TB if one of the parents was born out of country. DH was born in South Korea and lived there till he was 8, so we'll probably have to get that test for Caleb, too.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 24th, 2011, 02:52 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Sounds like a good appointment overall. How tall was Lily at this age?
January 24th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by corny7474 View Post
Sounds like a good appointment overall. How tall was Lily at this age?
Lily was definitely taller. I want to say she was 29 or 30" by 10 months...I know she was still in the 70/80th percentiles for height at 10 months.

January 24th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Sounds like she is doing well! Hopefully she has sprouted up by her next appt!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 24th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh my goodness 1 in two months.....crazy!!!!

sounds like a great appointment.
January 24th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad Vi's doing so well!

January 24th, 2011, 06:42 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I love surprising the doctor! Sounds like Vi is doing great!
January 25th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like she's doing really well!!

Have your relatives ever gotten their childhood vaccines outside of the US? I used to work for a doctor and I can't remember which vaccine it is but there is one that is made differently outside the US and if you get it it works fine but it will always make your TB test positive.

January 25th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda C View Post
Sounds like she's doing really well!!

Have your relatives ever gotten their childhood vaccines outside of the US? I used to work for a doctor and I can't remember which vaccine it is but there is one that is made differently outside the US and if you get it it works fine but it will always make your TB test positive.
All of DH's sisters had some childhood vaccines in Korea and some in the US. My mom was born here, but she tests positive because of a patient that had TB. But she's also gotten some negative tests since then.

January 25th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
She sounds like she's doing great!!!! She is so advanced, it's awesome! I want Aly to start walking before this baby comes.

January 25th, 2011, 05:20 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great appt-I'm sure the height thing will turn out fine! Well she is well matched with Chase as her sweet heart-they both have large heads LOL! Vi is so advanced I just love hearing about what new thing she is doing!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search