Ended up in the ER last night....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
My poor little Booga girl started feeling warm last night at about 7 so I took her temp and she was at 99.6, no big deal, just let her sleep and rest. Well she got warmer so I took her temp again at 1030 and she was up to 102.4. We gave her tylenol and she was acting fine for the most part, so I just figured we'd keep an eye on it, but I told hubby if it hit 103, then we were taking her in. Well, she went down about midnight but was extremely restless, just kept crying out in her sleep every few minutes. At 230, I finally took her temp again and it had hit 103.2. So into the hospital we went. I was figuring it was probably just a cold since I'm sick right now, and I was expecting her to probably catch it, however, I haven't had a fever, just a cough and headache, congestion, etc. So the fever really caught me off guard. She had a runny nose, was really legarthic when the tylenol wasn't kicking in, a slight cough, and starting to have diarrhea, so I just wanted her checked out. Well they took a chest X-ray, did a flu swab, and catheterized her to get a urine sample. Oh.My.God. That was the absolute worst experience ever. Watching my poor baby girl scream her head off because she doesn't understand what they were doing to her little girl parts, was absolutely traumatizing. To top it off, they had to try TWICE because they couldn't get it the first time. Thankfully, the nurse was very apologetic that they couldn't get it the first time and explained that the baby female anatomy is just so tiny that it's very difficult sometimes to get things where they need to be. Anyways, they found out she has a UTI. =( I feel so horrible for her. She's super fussy and has been having major diarrhea, won't hardly eat, and is just a wreck. I don't know what else to do for her. She's on tylenol and motrin and an antibiotic, but she's still so miserable I just wish there was something else I could do. Any suggestions for how to make her more comfortable? Thanks for reading my book lol.

Forever Missing Our 4 Angel Babies... Forever Missed, Always Loved
January 24th, 2011, 03:29 PM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
Watching them get a urine sample is so horrible. I went through it last week with Ashlyn. I have no suggestions in regards to making her feel more comfortable but I hope she gets better quickly.

January 24th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Poor baby girl!! I hope she feels better soon!

January 24th, 2011, 03:31 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
I have no suggestions, but I hope she feels better soon!
January 24th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Super Mommy
double post

Thank you so much Meganpixel for my beautiful sigie!

Last edited by MrsW1215; January 24th, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
January 24th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I have no advice either...sorry!!! I hope she starts feeling better fast!!! Poor baby!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 24th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Super Mommy
This was me an Alayna a week ago, only it was an ear infection instead of a UTI. The only thing that helped was around the clock advil to control the pain and pedialyte in her sippy cup... it kept her hydrated and she seemed to feel better when she had plenty to quench her thirst. I guess the fever makes them thirsty?

Thank you so much Meganpixel for my beautiful sigie!

January 24th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dd had a bad uti when she was 18 months. My only advice for you is to hang in there. It took 6 days of antibiotics before her fever came down. The pediatric said that's normal and expected in babies and toddlers.

I hope she feels better soon.

January 24th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
Thanks ladies. Yeah we just tried pedialyte and she wanted no part of that which really sucks because she's not eating as much as usual either and I know we need to keep her fluids in her, so I'm really at a loss. She does seem much better as long as we are right on schedule with her tylenol and motrin. I sure hope this goes away quickly. =(

Forever Missing Our 4 Angel Babies... Forever Missed, Always Loved
January 24th, 2011, 06:15 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Awww, poor baby girl!! UTI's are the worst. I hope she feels better soon!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 24th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor little thing!! I hope she gets feeling better quickly!! And take care of you too, mama!

January 24th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
poor girlie ! KUP. I pray she gets better quickly!
January 24th, 2011, 06:49 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Oh man I hope she starts feeling better soon! Just keep offering the pedialyte, she'll take some eventually. Every little bit is better than none at all.
January 24th, 2011, 07:06 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
oh nooo, thats terrible Hope she feels better soon! I'd just suggest increasing her fluids..More BM/formula/water.. not too much water, if you can get her to drink more formula/bm then at least its fluids.
January 24th, 2011, 07:27 PM
crystal22's Avatar Veteran
aww poor baby, they had to collect a urine sample on Zepp when he was only a few days old and I thought it had to be the most uncomfortable thing because they put a plastic bag in his diaper to collect it, hospitals are no fun! Hope she gets better quick!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search