Am I the only one??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Since starting to work out regularly last week, my appetite has taken a dive. For some reason I am just not hungry! I literally have to force myself to eat at every meal, but I find that I am forgetting to eat sometimes. Is that weird or does this happen to you all too?

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
January 24th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Yes!!! I'm nowhere near as hungry as I used to be - I think it's possbily because I'm eating more substantial meals (nutrition wise), so it's keeping me fuller, longer

January 25th, 2011, 12:06 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes that happens to be but I'm wondering if your calories are too low. Have you counted your calories for a day to see where they fall?
January 25th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cina I haven't....maybe I should though. I am just eating healthier stuff and only eating until full and when hungry.

January 25th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I hate counting calories and I usually don't do it but I did for a few days when I first started out so I could see the ball park of where my intake was.

I was checking out your menu and I think your choices are great but it looks like a very small amount of food. I would add some things like maybe olive oil, nuts or avocado..etc, just to bring your calories up a bit since you aren't hungry (unless you already are doing this but just not typing it out for us to see. I don't type everything out either. ) I just don't want your body to get mad at ya and rebel. lol if you feel good and your energy levels are fine then don't listen to me but if you start to get fatigued then I'd try to up the calories a little bit.

Sometimes when we eat low calorie, it will supress the appetite. A ketogenic diet (which I am on) does the same thing but for a different reason I believe. I need to do some research.
January 25th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I ate some pistachios today for a snack with a yogurt. Maybe I need to add some more pistachios in like I was doing at first then....

Now that I am looking at it, I was probably on the low side. Tonight I had an omlett for dinner (with ham, cheese, onion) and 2 whole grain apple cinnamon muffins. I will just start adding in snacks again - this week just got so busy lol!

January 25th, 2011, 05:37 PM
See, you know what you are doing. I am going to shut up. lol
January 25th, 2011, 07:50 PM
kileechatseal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I wasn't hungry after working out. I am usually starving. With BFing I am hungry a lot anyways but after working out my hunger goes in overdrive. I keep strong though and don't allow myself anything but water. I don't go to the gym until after dinner so my body really doesn't need anything then anyways. I did hear that after working out you are supposed to eat some protein. Cina, do you know if that is right?

January 25th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilee View Post
I wish I wasn't hungry after working out. I am usually starving. With BFing I am hungry a lot anyways but after working out my hunger goes in overdrive. I keep strong though and don't allow myself anything but water. I don't go to the gym until after dinner so my body really doesn't need anything then anyways. I did hear that after working out you are supposed to eat some protein. Cina, do you know if that is right?

Yes, protein and some carbs are ideal after a workout, especially with weight training or any intense workout.
January 26th, 2011, 04:05 AM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
I definitely get this way but usually because when I don't work out food is my stress reliever. Working out is a stress reliever so maybe your not thinking about eating because your not as stressed...
if your anything like me at least.
Plus if your busy it's easy to forget meals. I know I do all the time. NOT SAYING ITS GOOD! lol

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
January 26th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish this was the case for me. Working out makes me HUNGRY!

January 26th, 2011, 10:57 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
working out tends to make me hungry but usually for healthy foods, like I will crave a big salad or something! I think my mind wants to convince me to not undo all the positive effects of working out but eating crap!
January 26th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
working out tends to make me hungry but usually for healthy foods, like I will crave a big salad or something! I think my mind wants to convince me to not undo all the positive effects of working out but eating crap!
Yes, definitely. When I'm in a good workout groove I find myself craving and choosing healthier foods.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search