Signs a tooth is coming?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
What are some signs that you have personally noticed right before your LO's tooth cuts?

Aly has four teeth and when her 1st bottom one came, her 2nd bottom one popped out within a couple days and the same was for her top teeth--it's almost like she cuts both teeth at the same time.

So last week, her top two teeth finally popped through all the way. She now is in relief I think.

But what should I look for when she starts to cut her second bottom teeth?

I never paid attention before and I wish I did--It's like I knew she was cutting a tooth when the tooth was ACTUALLY surfacing b/c I could see it, but also b/c she was so miserable.

But are there warning signs that a tooth is slowly making it's way to the surface? Other than drooling?

I'm so anxious for her teething to start up again--she is so happy right now and in a blink of an eye she could be in pain and miserable again.

January 25th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I knew! It seems like Livi's two teeth just popped through as well. The ONE thing I did notice was that her gums got really swollen and red. And she starts gnawing on things even more hardcore than usual .

January 25th, 2011, 07:44 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
About a week before Addisyn pops a tooth her gums in that area get a bump, swollen like and more redish. Then as the begin to move in further I can see a white line in her gums. She also gets a diaper rash and loose stools. She drools all the time and chews on everything so I can't really tell by that.
January 25th, 2011, 08:02 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kaija literally never let me in on her secrets. She just woke up with teeth, including her molars! Some babies are like that! Kolbie there wasn't anything that can help you I don't think. She starts nursing more and changes the way she latches. But she doesn't get very fussy either. I did notice with her bottom side teeth I could see them below her gums for a LONG time before they actually came in.
January 25th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily always got 2 teeth at once and she would get a high fever, but then the teeth would be thru the gums by morning.

Vi is an insanely slow teether. She got her bottom 2 teeth at the same time pretty much, but her upper gums are insanely swollen and you can feel the tooth below the gum. But it's been like that for almost a month and the tooth hasn't cut the gum yet. Same with her bottom gums and the two teeth next to the front ones...swollen, red, but hasn't cut. She has been gnawing on everything and crankier than usual too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search