What's your LO's favorite show/movie right now?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 06:56 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Caleb is OBSESSED with Sesame Street! He could care less about Spongebob. LOL. He just gets the hugest smile on his face when any of the muppets comes on screen---but especially Elmo. So I bought him a Sesame Street double-feature of Learning With Letters and Count With Me. He's been going to his room all by himself just to watch it! It's funny, because he'll start to crawl away, but then a song comes on, and he hurries back and watches all amazed-like! So, instead of Winnie the Pooh (which is what the general theme's been all along), his first birthday is going to be Sesame Street.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 25th, 2011, 07:03 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Addisyn loves to watch Live to Dance or some type of singing. She loves music and dancing. Otherwise for her style of movies she loves Baby Einstein, Baby Noah is her favorite one.
January 25th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gavin could care less about tv, lol. Since we've been sick, I've had Curious George and Sesame Street on a lot more than usual, mostly for Aiden. Gavin just crawls off to play and does his own thing while it's on. Not gonna lie, it would be kind of nice if it could occupy him for at least a little while.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 25th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Peyton like Mickey mouse clubhouse

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 25th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
ERm, i must be in the minority i dont let M specifically watch any shows yet. I have the tv on all day and sometimes things will catch his attention but he doesnt watch any baby shows

January 25th, 2011, 08:17 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Lauren couldn't care less about shows. The tv is on a lot of the day so I can have background noise, but it's usually the GSN. DS on the other hand LOVES him some Go Diego Go and Barney, plus Cars, Monsters, Inc and Finding Nemo (I have the videos in the car for when I'm driving the 40 miles to my mom's etc). Lauren will look at the screen we have for her, but she doesn't really care.
Caroline - November '12

January 25th, 2011, 08:18 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Sam, if it weren't for having Kaija around I probably wouldn't have kids shows on either. I held out for a long long time with her. But I was SO tired and SO sick at the beginning of my pregnancy I went down the slippery Playtime Disney/Nick Jr. slope and haven't yet figured out how to get out

That said, Kolbie loves when Dora comes on
January 25th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Totally understand! I'm sure when he's older he'll watch shows but i just figure he doesnt know whats going on its just noise and bright lights to him so he might as well get them while watching my shows Hehe.... My step daughter went through a HUGE elmo phase when she was about 18 months so i'm expecting him to get into it around that age.

Actually, he does have a favorite show but its nto a kids show, he LOVES watching football

January 25th, 2011, 09:39 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I understand, Sam! I'm actually surprised that he can watch something and it holds his attention. I don't like the shows that are on Nickelodeon or Nick Jr, so those are never on. The only reason I found out he loves Sesame Street is because my mom had it on all the time at her house for my niece and nephew, and Caleb just got mesmerized and started laughing at the TV! It was the first time he showed any real reaction/interest in the TV, so I bought him this Sesame Street DVD. At least it's educational! It DOES buy me some quick "me time" when I need to run around cleaning or getting myself dressed.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 25th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Violet doesn't purposely watch television yet. Lily is only allowed an hour total a day and I held off with her as long as possible. Most days she doesn't even watch. That being said, Lily loves to watch shows on Nick Jr. (Dora, Diego, etc), Sesame Street, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Violet will stop what she's doing and watch sometimes if she sees Elmo or Yo Gabba Gabba (on Nick Jr).

January 25th, 2011, 11:57 AM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
William likes all Baby Einstein, and Dora, but he doesn't watch them for more that about 15-20 minutes.

January 25th, 2011, 12:18 PM
luvbugmama's Avatar Veteran
Jaleigh doesn't watch anything either yet. however the other night i was watching something on E and I walked out of the room to go to the bathroom while J was in her jumper and when i came back i guess that show Holly's world came on ( Holly madison , Hugh Hefner's ex for those of you who don't know, she has HUGE boobs of course) and DH was laughing because she wouldn't take her eyes off of the screen lol. My girl loves her some booby milk ha!

January 25th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Quote:
ERm, i must be in the minority i dont let M specifically watch any shows yet. I have the tv on all day and sometimes things will catch his attention but he doesnt watch any baby shows
Exactly the same here. I have the tv on for background noise most of the day but Jamie almost never notices and certainly never shows any interest - probably because he never ever sits or stands still, even when I'm holding him. I did try a Baby Einstein DVD last week and he sat perfectly still on my lap for about 5 minutes. First time EVER that he has been that still. Then he scooted off again.

January 25th, 2011, 02:49 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy1989 View Post
It's funny, because he'll start to crawl away, but then a song comes on, and he hurries back and watches all amazed-like! So, instead of Winnie the Pooh (which is what the general theme's been all along), his first birthday is going to be Sesame Street.
So cute!!!

Livi doesn't really watch TV either, but I am always watching my TV shows or I have it on in the background. One day, as I was going through the channels the Wiggles were on and she just turned around and started giggling, so I kept it on for her that day.

But certain commercials catch Livi's attention. Her fav one right now is the weight watchers one with Jennifer Hudson singing. She LOVES that and dances when it comes on.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 25th, 2011, 02:57 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We have Nick Jr on for Lily some of the day. Usually Abri doesn't pay attention but she starts laughing if DJ Lance from Yo Gabba Gabba or Ni Hao Kailan comes on. She has the same reaction when Oprah is on too. It usually lasts for about a minute and she goes back to doing whatever she was doing before

January 25th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Aly love, love, LOVES Super Why on PBS, and Max and Ruby on Nick Jr....Caiyou is another fave and she loves the ladies on the View during their first segment when they gossip and talk about hot topics--and of course--the Reg..loves him.

January 25th, 2011, 04:14 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Liev doesn't watch TV.
January 25th, 2011, 04:46 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't do a lot of baby TV but the child is OBSESSED with Baby Einstein. I'll put those in sometimes if I need to get a few things done and he is mesmerized. He loves all the puppets!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 25th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have put Spongebob on once or twice so that I could shower, but that's about it. However, she LOVES Wheel of Fortune, and will stop everything to stare at the TV. She even talks to it, like she's guessing letters or something! LOL.

January 25th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jed could care less about tv. We have it on in the evening and watch our grown up shows. He just plays with his toys. He is like Jamie - doesn't sit still long enough to pay attention. The other day though - we were watching south park, and I looked down and realized that Jed was staring at the screen! I think he liked the movement and the color. He watched about 3 minutes then grabbed a toy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search