Older Children

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 07:45 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are your older children doing with their little brother/sister??

Kinley has her days lol. Most of the time she's playing with her, helps me out (she will go close the bathroom door so Karsyn can't get in there and eat the dog food/play in the dog water lol), gets her a paci, etc. But other days she just takes things away from her, pushes her over, holds her back so she can't go anywhere, takes her paci out and throws it, etc.

Karsyn is suuuuuuch a drama queen! At first, we thought Kinley was hurting Karsyn because she would scream and cry...then we realized if you take something from her or do something she doesn't like (like buckle her in her carseat) she will just scream bloody murder! Now, instead of asking Kinley what she did to her, we have to tell her to give the toy back! lol

I really love watching them play together...its soo sweet (and relaxing for me!)when they get along and play quietly!

January 25th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan is 7 and he's really good with her. he adores her and she adores him. Its very sweet I am sure its a lot different with age difference btw mine and yours. they are going to grow up to be such close sisters I am sure
January 25th, 2011, 08:27 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
It's almost exactly the same at our house, Dondra! Kaija goes from hugging and kissing Kolbie to knocking her over and screaming at her... Kaija is our drama queen here. Kolbie just kind of rolls with it and rarely throws a fit.
January 26th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boys love to wrestle with each other. Aiden was thrilled when we finally let him roll around with Gavin instead of making him just look at him and saying "he's a baby, you can't play with him yet." lol....Gavin is such a little tank and can handle a lot from his big brother.
Aiden's usually really sweet with him, but he has his moments too...pushing is a big thing right now; he has a hard time differentiating between playing and just being too rough, but he's only two, so that's understandable.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 26th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My step daughter is 6 1/2 so its different then little ones but she LOVES him! she is obsessed with him.. if she calls us on the phone or something she always asks what he's doing etc. At her school concert last year she introduced him to all her friends.

She has a brother at her moms house also, and i'm pretty sure she likes M WAYYYYY more

January 26th, 2011, 09:17 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Marcus is doing really well most of the time. He loves to give hugs and kisses. And he's really helpful about getting shoes or throwing away a diaper. However, he does NOT want her to have any of his toys. He's actually started to take things from her and hide them. He doesn't hide them well, he just turned 2, but it cracks me up when he does.

L is so laid back, she hardly cries at anything, she just looks at him all surprised that he wanted what she had. I can't wait for L to start moving so they can begin to play together more.
Caroline - November '12

January 26th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily and Violet are 19.5 months apart and Lily adores Violet. She was out with me at the library the other day and Violet was home with DH. On the way home Lily started yelling "Violet's crying! Don't worry Violet I'm coming home!". We got home a few minutes later and Vi was crying and Lily went and sat down next to her and said "I'm here, it's okay!". It was the sweetest thing ever

Lily sometimes is a bit mean to her, but mainly it's when Vi takes one of Lily's toys. I love how they play together and how helpful Lily is and you can tell that Violet adores Lily as well.

January 26th, 2011, 05:32 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Lily hasn't shown any signs of jealousy, but she has her moments. She's three after all so sharing toys isn't really her forte just yet. She makes her pretend food in her kitchen and then tries to force feed her. She's trying to be nice. The only issue we're having is Lily taking over the baby toys. She thinks they are hers (well they used to be). I did catch Lily hiding in the bathroom eating puffs yesterday.
January 26th, 2011, 07:23 PM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ haha my 3 year old is obsessed with puffs and yogurt melts. He steals them and eats them by handfuls before he gets caught.

my 3 yr old is doing amazing. He is such a good big brother. He definitely has his moments where he tests his limits, but for the most part he is so sweet and caring. Also very helpful. he always tells me when luke needs something etc. And now he gets so excited any time Luke does something new. It's adorable. I absolutely LOVE having both of them. Watching them play and talk just melt my heart.

January 26th, 2011, 07:39 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
my kids are SO far apart in age, but they do WONDERFULLY together.. Audrey just LOVES it when her brother comes home from school..She just lights right up.. most mornings jaiden procrastinates getting ready for school because hes so busy playing with her.. Even tonight when she got hurt, he was SO worried about her.. When we were at the hospital, he drew her a picture and asked me to hang it in her room for her.

I really couldn't ask for it to be better.. I really thought hed have more problems adjusting being an only child for nearly 6 years.. but he has proven me how loving he really is.
January 26th, 2011, 10:22 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh yea...Kinley loves baby toys instead of her own toys! She knows that most of them were hers when she was a baby...and doesn't like Karsyn playing with them. And the other day, she said "mommy give Karsyn som more puffs so I can eat them" lol

January 27th, 2011, 03:31 PM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
Samantha is 8 and Justin is 7 and they are great with William. They play with him all the time. He loves for Justin to wrestle with him. He watches for their school bus everyday and squeals when he sees them. And, Justin loves puffs and yogurt melts too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search