1 year siggy?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Hey ladies.

I was just thinking, as we're all getting closer to the evasive 1 year old babies (or there, Mikey!) I was wondering if we were going to want a new board siggy. And, if we do, what do we want to do for it.

To be fair to Sam, I think we should decide soon, so Mikey is still 12 months old and not 13 (or maybe he doesn't care, but I think it would be the considerate thing to do). I liked Hilary's idea of mommy and baby, but that would probably make the siggies too big or hard to see the actual little ones.

Anybody have good ideas? I'm kinda dumb when it comes to this.
Caroline - November '12

January 26th, 2011, 10:40 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We'll definitely do one! We're already maxed out on stickies though and I don't want the thread to get buried so I was going to wait until mid- February or beginning of March to post it.
January 26th, 2011, 10:46 AM
That works. I was just hoping for ideas. Mikey will be 15 months by the time April rolls around.

I'll put it on the back burner for a while.
Caroline - November '12

January 26th, 2011, 10:48 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I know. Conversely, Gracie won't be 1 until mid-May, so we can't do it so early to leave her out either. It's hard when we're this spread out!

If anyone has theme ideas again post them! I loved it last time!
January 26th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Whenever we do decide, an idea could be to use a picture of your baby at his/her bday party--maybe even the pics of them tasting cake for the "first time" (Aly has had a bite of cake already..shh!!)

And make the siggy cupcakes and balloons and fun--a celebration!

January 26th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I didn't "forget" about Gracie, I just forgot when her birthday is. I'm glad you're on top of things and keep me in line. I have early babies, I forget others have theirs later. Sorry Gracie (and Mandy)!

Kristin, you always have good ideas. I think that may be best, because most of us will have pics of cake face...so even if some of the babies have already turned one, it could still be of them on their 1-year birthday

And, Lauren has been given an entire double Stuf Oreo. Sometimes dads don't pay attention to what is appropriate. I wouldn't feel bad about a little cake.
Caroline - November '12

Last edited by sandpaper06; January 26th, 2011 at 10:55 AM.
January 26th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
I know we're getting off topic here - but I let Jamie have a couple of licks of chocolate pudding off my finger this past week. Shh. Hardly any. I was eating a pudding cup in front of him while we were playing on the floor and he was so desperate for a taste, I couldn't say no.

January 26th, 2011, 02:42 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Am I a terrible mother that I give Caleb a taste of almost anything sweet that I'm eating?

In any case, I was also going to suggest just using pics of everyone's baby at the time that they're one. Caleb's birthday isn't till 4/30, so I wouldn't even be able to post a pic till May 1st. Thus, the siggy will likely be made in May, right? That covers Camden, Caleb, and Gracie!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 26th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mikey doesnt mind waiting - he knows he messed everything up coming early! Lol. I can either just put a picture from his birthday... maybe my siggy pic because i love that one... or maybe i'll take a new pic on his due date? He looked like an 8 1/2 month old on his birthday, not really a 1 year old so he'll look so much younger compared to your LO's

January 26th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I like the birthday cake idea because it gives almost everyone the idea of what will be used before they turn one. And almost everyone would probably have at least a cupcake for their cutie.

Even if the sticky can't happen until the middle of March, that will give Christy and me and other March babies the knowledge that we need a cute "cake" or whatever picture before it happens. That's why I was thinking of doing this so early. Plus, if we'd decided outfits or something, I usually need time to find whatever item.

Sam, I think it would be great for you to do one on Mikey's due date.
Caroline - November '12

January 26th, 2011, 03:11 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
The cake picture is a cute idea. Charlie won't be 1 until April 29th, so to be fair to ALL babies I think we should wait to have the siggy made until the last one turns 1 in mid-may
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 27th, 2011, 06:06 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sam! I almost spewed my breakfast on my laptop screen reading "Mikey doesn't mind...he knows he messed everything up by coming early!" I don't know why that struck me so funny!

I love the idea of the cake pics because they will all be the same age then in the pics, even if they are older by the time the pic is posted. Does that make sense? Mia's party isn't even until April 30th though...but we could do a family party on her real b-day (the 16th) to expidite the pic process...LOL!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search