Fly away hairs on you-not baby!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 04:59 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have notices on the top of my head under where my swoopy bangs are I have a little section of hair that is about an inch long. I also have major fly aways along my part that stick straight up I the air and I can't seem to do anything about them! My friend said she has the exact same thing after ahe was pregnant and her hair dresser said it was regrowth fromcall the hair you loae while pregnant. Anyone else experiencing this? It's a little embarrassing! Even my students (kindergarten!) noticed it the other day LOL!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 28th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I noticed this yesterday, though I didn't think anything of it.

I had my hair pulled back and an inch long section refused to do anything but stick straight out from the side of my head.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 28th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most likely it is regrowth. I have them but I have curly fine hair that breaks easily so I just always have some There are different pomades and gels you could try that would hold them in place.

You may just have to experiment until you find something that works for you.

January 28th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to post the exact same thing! I hve two patches right above either temple of inch long hair. You can really see it if I pull my hair back. I guess it is regrowth.

January 28th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the same thing and it happened after my first too. I lost so much hair and it looks a little ridiculous! It's like little baby bangs

January 28th, 2011, 07:11 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I've got those right in front! My hair is sort of short though so they just look like bangs that were cut funny
January 28th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have fly-aways constantly, I lose a lot of hair thanks for my autoimmune issues....John Frieda has a really good frizz serum that gets them under control for me.

Mylene..lol.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 28th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the fly aways too. children are so funny....they speak their minds lol
January 28th, 2011, 09:14 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have tons in the front but luckily my chunky bangs cover them. I lost so much hair just after birth this time
January 28th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm still losing hair from Violet so I don't really have that much regrowth yet, luckily I have a lot of hair and it's super thick too, so it's not that noticeable. I've been using a shampoo and conditioner with Biotin to help strengthen the hair and help it grow.

January 28th, 2011, 01:24 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Yes I have this BIG TIME. Near my temples and right in the front, I call them baby bangs...lol

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 28th, 2011, 01:39 PM
luvbugmama's Avatar Veteran
yes!!! me too! i've always had a little baby hair in front but now it's wayy worse they stick straight out and it looks so funny! nothing i've tried has kept them down =( guess i'll have to stick it out lol no pun intended.

January 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
YES!!!! I was just complaining about them this week! Aly rips my hair out so that doesn't help either.

January 28th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YES!! I've always had little "baby bangs" but they weren't that bad...now they are like over an inch long and look ridiculous!! My hair dresser said regrowth too...which makes sense for my fly aways but not these little baby hairs...I guess I'll just have a lower hairline??
January 28th, 2011, 10:59 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, glad it's not just me, LOL! I too have the little section above my temple and then the fly aways that stand on end around my part. Its embarrasing! It is much worse in some lights, and TERRIBLE right after I dry my hair, before it has had time to calm down a bit. A co-worker of mine told me to try Moroccan Oil. Apparently people swear by it. I'm thinking about picking some up this weekend. Racine I think it is comparable to the John Frieda stuff.

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 29th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have little baby bangs too!!

It's so funny that you posted this, Chrissy. Yesterday, my student was in the hallway at work in front of a mirror and she was like...do you see this? When she turned around, I could clearly see 1/2 inch of hair all along her part sticking straight up! She had a baby in May, so it's her regrowth too. It was only in that light when she pointed it out that I noticed it though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search