Can you ladies send some thoughts our way?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh's grandma has permanently moved in with my MIL and FIL this week. She was living next door to them in a mobile home. Last weekend on Friday my MIL went in and found a skillet of grease burning on the stove. Then on Saturday she came in and found a commode full of shampoo bottles. Dh's grandma said she was cleaning and was trying to flush them away instead of throwing them away. Then on Sunday MIL came in and found her playing with her kitchen knives and at she said no more and moved her.

She either has alzheimer's or her mind is just gone from lack of oxygen. The doctor's aren't sure which. She smokes and has COPD and is supposed to be on oxygen all the time but she doesn't use it like she should. Her o2 sats stay in the 70's where they should be closer to 97-100.

Anyway this weekend my MIL is meeting with her brothers and sisters to discuss what should be done with her house and all her stuff. I can already tell it's not going to go well b/c they are already arguing

Yesterday I went over and granny knew my name one minute, then the next she was completely confused again and didn't recognize me. She kept asking me where her husband was-he died years ago, then when she finally remembered he was dead she was upset b/c he was dead but then within 10 minutes she had forgotten what it was she was crying about.

She can't remember when she's bathed last, or eaten last.

The sad part is MIL is the only one that will take care of her but MIL's brother and sister will always say she's not doing a good enough job even though they won't do it themselves. It's aggravating .

January 28th, 2011, 07:44 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
praying and thinking!

Hang in there sweetie. :dohug:

January 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
How awful! I'm praying for her and your family
Caroline - November '12

January 28th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Thinking of you and will say a prayer too

Topic Tools Search this Topic