heart rate monitor and calorie counter... who has one?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2011, 04:31 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
What kind do you have? I'm thinking of getting one...

Do you like it?

Does it have that chest belt that is needed to wear?

Does it seem accurate?

What does it consider (weight, age, gender?...)

and...

was it expensive?

Thanks!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 29th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I looked into it, but I was told that in order to be accurate, you really need the chest strap, which I don't know if I want to wear all the time. Cost can be from $50-100s. I skipped getting one for now, but I might get one in spring so I can have it for my walks.
January 29th, 2011, 05:12 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
I just got one this week. I got a cheaper model from walmart. It was $59 (and i had $40 in gift cards). I just didn't think that for what I do right now that I needed a really expensive one. It has a watch and a chest strap. It takes into account your height, weight, age and sex. You can set the zone you want (eg. fat burn, aerobics etc) and it will calculate what heart rate zone you should ideally stay within during your workout and will beep at you if you fall above or below that zone. I am not entirely convinced the calories are that accurate though. I get very different numbers every time I do my shred. I know it will vary but I do the same thing every day and I have gotten as low as 149 calories and as high as 240 calories. Seems like a big difference.

Overall I am happy with it for what I wanted (and for the small price I paid) but it is nothing special. I like when I am on the elliptical and it beeps to tell me I need to go faster. Keeps me on pace. I think Amanda has a better quality one. I have heard that Garmin's are good. I just didn't want to put out that kind of money right now.

I think this is the one I have
Sportline: Heart Rate Monitors: DUO 1010 Heart Rate Monitor

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search