Two for Tuesday

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2011, 09:40 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
  1. What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market/thrift store?
  2. What are you doing with clothes your LO no longer fits in? Saving, selling, giving away? If you save them,do you have some sort of system?
February 1st, 2011, 09:43 AM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market/thrift store? We got this Baby Play & Learn book and I LOVE it(its where I do the activity thread)
What are you doing with clothes your LO no longer fits in? Saving, selling, giving away? If you save them,do you have some sort of system? I kept anything that I would be disappointed that it wasnt returned or ruined. The rest of his clothes are going between my two friends who have a 2 month and 2 week old baby!
February 1st, 2011, 09:55 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market/thrift store? I LOVE thrift stores and garage sales! I've found lots of sweet purses/bags for CHEAP. Also, most of the clothes *I* bought for Eli before he was here came from garage sales, basically brand new!!
What are you doing with clothes your LO no longer fits in? Saving, selling, giving away? If you save them,do you have some sort of system? Saving them for our next baby! No system. I threw all of his NB, 0-3 clothes in a big garbage bag and labeled it with a sharpie Thats how I roll!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
February 1st, 2011, 10:03 AM
uvatigger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market/thrift store?
DS off roading jeep--payed 20$
works awesome

What are you doing with clothes your LO no longer fits in? Saving, selling, giving away? If you save them,do you have some sort of system?
Giving some away
and selling most

February 1st, 2011, 10:04 AM
LittleMissGrey's Avatar Personal Masquerade
1. What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market/thrift store? I make discoveries a lot
2. What are you doing with clothes your LO no longer fits in? Saving, selling, giving away? If you save them,do you have some sort of system? Saving. I put them on boxes and to cupboards. Easier for me.

~ The Fragile world of the Little one, Flourishing soon to Full Bloom ~

~ Recipe Blog ~ || ~ Personal blog ~
February 1st, 2011, 10:06 AM
a13xandra's Avatar Alex, mum to Eris
Send a message via ICQ to a13xandra Send a message via AIM to a13xandra Send a message via MSN to a13xandra Send a message via Yahoo to a13xandra Send a message via Skype™ to a13xandra
The best thing I ever bought at a thrift store was a car purchased at Value Village. I'm only saving the onesie from hospital that has her birth date on it. The really good clothes are going to my best friend's babies, and all the rest are being donated to Goodwill.
February 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Best find..... probably all the clothes that I have found for Logan (I had more time when I only had one kid to take with me)

I was putting the clothes on Kijiji but it is a bit of a pain so I think I will just keep them for a garage sale.... all of my friends who are having babies had their second before me so don't fit Gavin's old clothes.........I will admit to keeping more of them than I had planned, just cus I am too emotional to give them all up!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
February 1st, 2011, 10:24 AM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market/thrift store? Vintage clothes..

What are you doing with clothes your LO no longer fits in? Saving, selling, giving away? If you save them,do you have some sort of system?
Most of the clothes he's worn so far have been hand me downs so I just put them in a bag to give back to my friend.
February 1st, 2011, 10:29 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I have gotten alot from garage sales, The biggest would have to be the $300 I spent on boys cloths..all brand name..30 + shirts 20+ jeans and pjs sleeper, winter jacket and some shoes !

I am keeping some of my fav outfits for Rogans babybox.We are supost to be done having babys . So I have given all my girl cloths to a neigbour that has a girl, the boys cloths is being saved for my cousin that is going through a sprem doner !

February 1st, 2011, 10:55 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market/thrift store?
My most recent purchase was a huge dresser with matching mirror at a garage sale for $30! My mom repainted it and it looks awesome! It's currently in our bonus room but if we have a girl next it'll be her dresser and mirror. I also got tons of good deals on very nice brand name baby clothes (20-30 pieces for around $150) when I was pregnant with G at a great consignment sale I'm headed to again in March.

Saving everything! We will definetely have more kids so I want to reuse everything we can, especially if we have another boy. We got a huge clear storage bin that I am folding everything away into as G grows out of things. It will probably fit all of his clothes until he's done with his 6-9 month clothes. We store it in our attick. I also kept all of my maternity stuff. When I'm done with babies I'll either give to friends who need it or sell as lots on Ebay.

Last edited by Memi; February 1st, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
February 1st, 2011, 11:01 AM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market/thrift store? My college couch...it was the comfiest couch (sigh).

2. What are you doing with clothes your LO no longer fits in? Saving, selling, giving away? If you save them,do you have some sort of system? Donated everything until we hit 6-9 months and I have those in a tupperware storage thingy. He went through all the others so quickly I didn't really process the fact that I should save them for future babies.

February 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
  1. What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market/thrift store? I've never bought anything at places like that, but I did buy a Little Tikes cottage and slide on Ebay (local pickup), the kids used them for 3-4 years, then I sold them for as much as I paid for them.
  2. What are you doing with clothes your LO no longer fits in? Saving, selling, giving away? If you save them,do you have some sort of system? I sent some of her 0-3 sleepers, all of the 0-3 onesies and a couple of NB pants for her girl (she should have her today or tomorrow). Then if she needs more clothes I will take them down to her when I see her. All of the clothes the boys have outgrown are in storage bins in Teresa's closet.
February 1st, 2011, 11:40 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market/thrift store? A really super awesome coffee table ... that and my wine drinking pirate - i love him

2. What are you doing with clothes your LO no longer fits in? Saving, selling, giving away? If you save them,do you have some sort of system? Saving some for one of my GF that is trying to get preggy - the rest i am donating.
February 1st, 2011, 11:49 AM
K_photo_mom's Avatar Krista
I can't think of a really great find.....

Saving clothes for future babies in the family.

Tags
two for tuesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search