So anyone here?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'm currently waiting to test. We wanted our kids close together, but we had planned to wait until Akadia was at least a year before trying again. The bug has been biting hard though and both DH and I couldn't wait. A is such a social bug and she loves other kids. I want her to have some sibs to play with. DH only wants one more though. We'll see... Twins run in our families so who knows.

We got pregnant on the first try with A, but we'll see how this goes. I'm fine with it taking a little while.

February 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Kaija's Avatar Mom to Addie
Oooh when are you going to test? That's exciting! Addie is such a social baby too, which made it way easier for us to decide whether to prevent after Addie or not.

I lurk here more often than post.. Obviously because there aren't many posts here.. I'm really bad at creating new topics. Anyway.

OH and I adore your siggie. Akadia is so cute.
February 11th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Kaija! I will probably test next weekend. Last time around I had a positive at 9 DPO so I'll probably start at 9 DPO again testing. If we do end up conceiving with this cycle, I do not plan to tell anyone other than DH for a while. I'll probably even wait until I know the sex. I just don't want to deal with all the judgement over getting pregnant again so soon. Everyone seems to have an opinion on how long you should wait and I don't want to hear it!

Thanks on the siggie compliment. I got really bored at work the other day and I've been wanting one forever. I do not have any fancy programs though to do it, so I just used PowerPoint. I'm pretty skilled at PowerPoint and Word!

February 11th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck when you test. I hope it works out for you.

My Ovulation Chart
February 12th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Kaija's Avatar Mom to Addie
I TOTALLY understand not wanting to tell people, just because everyone has an opinion and for whatever reason they decide that they need you to know it.

This time around we have only told our families and close friends. I am not opposed to telling other people, i'd just rather do it in person or let them hear through the grapevine.. It might seem to outsiders that we're 'less excited' or something, but that's not the case. I just don't want the drama!

Holy crow! You made that on powerpoint?! That's incredible! I can't do anything with that program.. other than make a crappy powerpoint.

I'll be keeping tabs on you girl!
February 12th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I have a boss who is always drawing things (charts, pictures, etc.) and then he asks me to make it into a slide in PowerPoint. So I've learned to make things work in that program. I really want to learn how to use Photoshop though. I just bought Photoshop elements so I'll have to start teaching myself.

I'll keep you updated!

February 12th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
good luck when you test!!!

February 13th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Mom2EthanAndJett's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Woohoo good luck! I lurk in here, hoping to TTC in July. But maybe we will have an oopsie this month??? hmmmmm lol

O and I totally understand the not telling anyone part. My mom had my bro and I 14 months apart and she tells me all the time how hard it was and that I shouldnt have kids close in age. And DH's gma is all like.....wait and give Ethan special time, each kid deserves it blah blah, but if you think about it...any kid after the first one doesnt really get the special time anyway.

February 22nd, 2011, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ashley that is so true. When I was preggo with Anthony I cried thinking about Michael having to give up so much then somebody pointed out Anthony would never be the only child n get that attention lol IMO a sibling is the greatest gift you can give a child. Michael said to me yesterday he hopes I have twins because then he will have 4 best friends to always play with!! So cute!!
I didn't really want to tell everyone rigt away to since Baylee was 5 months when we got a BFP but I told my family n posted it on FB with in a week of finding out! Lol!!! It shocked everyone haha especially since we had said we were done!! But I don't care what everyone thinks, anyone who was less than thrilled for us I told God has other plans sometimes!!
Anyways lol I hope you get ur BFP!! Keep us posted!! This post is from like 10 days ago so I say TEST!!

February 22nd, 2011, 04:08 PM
Mom2EthanAndJett's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Yea Jess, If I get a bfp I am thinking I want to waint until my first ultrasound at least. I am a huge loud mouth so I will prob do what you did! LOL

Have you tested yet girl!?? I am in the 2ww also. I hope we both get a BFP!

March 8th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Ashley - Did you ever get a BFP? AF came for me on the 25th, right on schedule. We are trying again this month. I got a positive on my OPK today, so I should be O'ing within 24 - 48 hours. Hopefully, this will be our month.

March 9th, 2011, 05:08 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sry about the BFN, but good luck this month! Sounds like it could happen, KUP!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search