Weight Watcher ladies?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2011, 10:42 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you usually eat? Like give me a few day's menus...
I am thinking about joining, but I am still not sure.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
February 12th, 2011, 01:36 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
You can eat pretty much anything with WW.. for breakfast I usually eat fruit or if I'm really hungry I'll have an egg and toast. Fruit & Veggies are no points!
For lunch I usually have leftovers of the previous night's dinner.. and for dinner we have a lot of stir fry or chinese type foods.. there are so many good recipes on WW site. If you make a veg stir fry you can add a little bit of chicken and then all the veggies you want, the more the better! Mix that with rice and you have a good healthy meal.

We still go out to eat once a week.. if we go to the food court in the PX I usually get a salad from Charley's.. but really you could eat anything as long as you fit it into your points. Occasionally if I'm really craving it I'll totally get something from BK or Pizza Hut. yum.. You should totally do it! I love it!

February 12th, 2011, 09:16 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The way weight watchers works is everything has a point value based off of calories, fat and fiber... so you literally can eat ANYTHING you want. Like if you want to have a hot fudge sundae from mcdonald's, you can, you just have to eat less points during the day or save some of your weekly flex points for it... or work out and 'earn' additional points to eat it.

I have done WW of and on for years and I think its great b/c you aren't denied anything so you don't need to 'blow' your diet when you give in to a random craving. It teaches you moderation and balance and portion control.

My problem is that I'm a fast food/junk food addict and so I would 'save' all of my points to binge a lot of the times. Like I would eat barely anything all day so I could snack on 100 cal packs at night in front of the TV and stupid stuff like that. Or I'd save up flex points for the end of the week so I could go to a fast food place and PIG OUT.

So right now, I'm doing a different type of 'diet/lifestyle change' and incorperating stuff I learned doing WW, but not doing it.

I do have a TON of recipes and suggestions and stuff like that as far as WW goes.

Ok say you get 20 points in a day, here's a good breakdown:

oatmeal - 2
one cup of taco soup - 1
salad - 0
frozen baked ziti smart ones - 6
100 cal pack of cookies - 2
string cheese - 1
17 fat free pringles - 1
banana - 1
chicken - 4
steamed veggies - 0
baked potato - 3