Weigh In

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2011, 06:35 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Good Morning Ladies! I know only a handful of us are still weighing in but lets hear how the week went ladies!!

November 11 - 160
January 4th - 157.2
January 17 - 153.4
January 24 - 151.2
January 31 - 148.6
February 7 - 145.0
February 14 - 145.0
February 21 - 141.6

Really got back on track with the eating and exercise this week. And I have a gym membership starting on March 1st. Yay!

February 21st, 2011, 06:40 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
WOW!!! You have lost close to 20 pounds!!!! That is amazing!

I actually gain half a pound this week. It doesn't come as a surprise because I wasn't as adamant about recording my food. I just got busy and would forget everything I ate. Plus we had Valentines and lots of leftovers and I couldn't calculate exact calories, so I am sure I was off. But, now I am back in business. I will record after EVERY TIME I eat.

February 21st, 2011, 07:03 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Good for you, Jen! That's a GREAT Loss!!!

Peak pregnancy with Kellen: 292
Jan. 6: 264
Feb. 21: 247 that's 2 pounds down again this week and 17# since I started seriously working out/logging in foods (since Jan. 6) and 45 from pregnancy.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 21st, 2011, 07:58 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
GREAT JOB ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did cr*ppy this week and gained 2lbs BUT i know i ate a lot of cr*p since it was my mom's anni. i enjoyed every second of that food though Back on track this week. I'm proud that I've lost 42lbs total so far...was 44 last week. oh well.
February 21st, 2011, 08:09 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Gwynne that is awesome. You are on track to hit 20lbs really soon. That is amazing. So proud of you Mama! What kind of stuff do you do at the gym?

Through my work I got a gym membership for a Goodlife gym around here. It was $398 for the year with our corporate discount and my work has a fitness subsidy, so I can submit $350 to be reimbursed. It is a taxable benefit though so I only actually get back about $225 but that's still only $175 or so out of pocket for the year. My membership starts on March 1st. So excited.

And thanks Amanda. My initial goal is 140 so I am sooo close! I had given myself until the end of April to get there though so I think I am doing good. I am not sure what my next goal is to be honest. I am going to keep doing what I am doing. I would love to hit 130 but I am not sure if that is realistic for my body anymore. I am just going to keep lose it set for 1lb a week loss, keep eating healthy and exercising and see where it gets me.

Alethia, 42lbs is awesome. No worries about an off week. We all have them. At least you enjoyed the food I hate when I eat something I probably shouldn't have and then I don't even enjoy it. So not worth it. Some foods are definitely worth it once in a while though. Mmmmm cheesecake!!

February 21st, 2011, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Started off with 141
3 weeks ago - 136.6
two weeks ago - 135.8
one week ago - 136

I am stuck between 135 and 136 for a couple of weeks now. I am at my usual weight and it seems really hard to go down a couple of pounds. Still working out 3 times a week. I think I have to watch my food a little bit more. Thanks to my awesome DH, Nutella is hidden away from me so I will not be eating it by spoon.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.

Last edited by Kumii; February 21st, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
February 21st, 2011, 01:53 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
110 I was 108 for a few weeks but like Amanda said, valentines came around. Grr.
February 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
110 I was 108 for a few weeks but like Amanda said, valentines came around. Grr.
Yeah....but wasn't it yummy! I can't believe I spread it out over an entire week of candy, desserts and eating out. Blech....but yummy....but blech. I go between the two.

February 21st, 2011, 09:23 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaBride View Post
Gwynne that is awesome. You are on track to hit 20lbs really soon. That is amazing. So proud of you Mama! What kind of stuff do you do at the gym?
Thanks for the encouragement, you are doing AWESOME yourself! I feel very empowered right now! I hope this feeling stays with me. I have a feeling I may hit the typical plateau sometime down the road, and I'll need the strength to keep going

Right now, I do 45 min of elliptical and 45 min of the row machine, if the machines are open (most of the time they are, but sometimes not, in which case I stationary bike instead but it doesn't burn as many calories...) and when I have time, I try to follow with 40 min of weights (arms, chest, back, gluts, hamstrings, quads, calves) The weights aren't as thorough as it sounds, but it hits the major spots and helps keep from losing muscle. When I'm near goal, I'll do more weights to tone. I can get that FULL workout in maybe 2x per week, and then 2x/week, I typically get in 40 min or so of each of the cardio (ellip. and row)

After our spring break trip in March, I think I'm going to shake things up a bit and do a zumba/weights class and a spinning class instead of 2 days (or in addition to) of the cardio stuff. I'm excited, but wanted to wait until after our trip to change things up a bit, especially since what I'm doing now is working pretty well I'm also worried about how many calories they'll burn. I don't want to do something that will burn less than what I'm doing now, KWIM?

I LOVE the gym. It's great me time. They have daycare for the kiddos, up to 2 hours, and it's $1/kid/hour. Not bad!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 23rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I weigh in on Wednesdays!

Total Weight loss from 40 weeks: 32 lbs

Lbs down from Prepregnancy: 9 lbs

Lbs lost this week: 1lb

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search