We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
mmm I love shephard's pie, although I haven't made the WW version.
I have some recipes typed up and photographed for my recipe book that I'll post.
Tortellini Primavera with Pesto Sauce (weight watchers)
1 - 9 oz. pkg of frozen cheese tortellini
1- 16 oz. pkg frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetables
1 - 8 oz. carton fat free sour cream
2 tablespoons pesto
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup (1 oz.) fresh parmsean cheese
⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
Cook tortellini and vegetables in 3 quarts boiling water 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Drain and return to pan.
Combine sour cream, pesto, and salt, stirring well. Gently stir sour cream mixture into pasta mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper. Serve immediately.
Yields 4 servings, 7 points.
(weight watchers) Barbecue Meatloaf Recipe
1 pound ground round
½ cup barbecue sauce, divided
¼ cup frozen chopped onion, pressed dry
¼ cup Italian-Seasoned dry breadcrumbs
2 large egg whites
¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Combine meat, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, onion, breadcrumbs, egg whites, and pepper in a large bowl; stir well.
3. Shape mixture into a 7x5" loaf on a rack in a roasting pan. Spread remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over loaf. Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce, and cook until heated.
While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Top the pizza crust with meat mixture.
Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings. Each serving is 6 Weight Watcher's points.
*I always add whatever 0 point veggies I have on hand such as mushrooms, onions & peppers.
This is one of DH's all-time favorite meals. I think its OK. I don't care for cilantro but DH LOVES it. I just eat it without the cilantro.
Southwestern Chicken Pizza
1 (10 ounce) thin crust pizza (boboli)
1 cup refried beans
1 (4 ½ ounce) can chopped green chiles; drained
1 ½ cups shredded chicken breast
1 cup reduced-fat mexican blend cheese
½ cup fresh salsa
chopped green onions
chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 475.
2. Place pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet; lightly coat crust with cooking spray; bake at 475 for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine beans and chiles in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 ½ minutes or until thoroughly heated.
4. Spread bean mixture evenly over baked crust. Arrange chicken over beans. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
5. Bake at 475 for 9 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden. Spoon salsa onto pizza. Top with green onions and cilantro. Cut into 8 slices. Yield: 8 servings. 4 weight-watchers points.
Last edited by LadyCoconut; February 22nd, 2011 at 06:08 AM.