Fat consumption?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How many grams of fat do you consume daily?
Trying to lose weight, 25g 1 14.29%
TTLW, 50g 2 28.57%
TTLW, 75g 1 14.29%
TTLW, 100g 0 0%
NOT trying to lose weight, 25g 0 0%
NTTLW, 50g 1 14.29%
NTTLW, 75g 0 0%
NTTLW, 100g 0 0%
I have no idea 2 28.57%
I AM breastfeeding 6 85.71%
I am NOT breastfeeding 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2011, 07:36 AM
~Constance~
I'm really curious if the amount of fat I'm eating is average.
Choose one from the following poll AND whether or not you are BF please!! Whatever number is closest to your average is fine.

Last edited by cabbagepatch; March 2nd, 2011 at 07:41 AM.
March 2nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
I log this on lose it so can tell you pretty accurately. I am breastfeeding and this week so far I am averaging 27.1 grams fat. That is low for me though. Last week I averaged 51.2, the week before that 38.3, before that 54.3. I picked trying to lose weight and 50 grams as that seems to be what I average.

DO you think you are too high or too low? I think it depends what you are getting your fat from as well. If most of your fat is good fat then I wouldn't stress about your number but if it comes from fast food or junk food etc then that is different. You should also look at it as a percentage of your whole diet, not just the number alone. You need to look at what percentage you eat is fat, carbs and protein. For example, so far this week I am averaging 19% fat, 58% carbs and 24% protein.

March 2nd, 2011, 09:37 AM
~Constance~
55g is recommended for me to maintain my current weight. I average 75g and it's not good fat. .
I drink 8 glasses of water a day, eat 5-7 servings of F&V, average 250 carbs, and 60 protein.
I think I need to replace some of the fat with more protein but I'm not sure how. Everything seems to have fat: nuts, cheese, eggs, etc. I'm thinking beans. I have a black bean dip I've been wanting to try.
What I'm doing now works fine for weight but I'm concerned with overall health in the long run. Is 75g considered a high fat diet?
March 2nd, 2011, 09:41 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
I use Loseit also, so I can tell you pretty accurately. I eat anywhere between 20-30 grams a day. My milk supply hasn't been effected, and I have been consuming this daily average much since November.

March 2nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
~Constance~
Did some more searching, I think 30% of calories from fat is recommended. Fat is 9 calories per gram. So 75g X 9 calories = 675 calories That's 30% of a 2250 calorie diet. That's what I'm hitting now so I think I'm ok.
March 2nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just started Nutrisystem and it looks like it'll be around 40 g of fat for the day. I am trying to lose weight and I am breastfeeding.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search