Humphreys Teething Tablets

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2011, 07:35 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
Has anyone used these? Any luck with them?

March 10th, 2011, 09:04 AM
noworries
Totally lurking here but I just wanted to say they have the same ingredients as Hylands and a lady in my daughter PR used them and said they worked just as good so I picked some up the other day and hope they do work the same.
March 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Hollybear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, but I prefer the teething strips that they make. So much easier to use and I used one on myself and could tell that it was "working" if that makes sense.

I ordered a couple of boxes
Buy Humphreys Teething Relief Strips, Very Cherry Online at drugstore.com

My favorite tablets are from Homeostasis Labs
Buy Homeostasis Labs Children's Teething Relief, Tablets Online at drugstore.com - the dosage for these tabs are only 1 tablet every 4 hours, so they are little stronger than 1 Hyland tablet. I ran out of Hyland tablets a month or so ago and actually prefer these over them.
March 10th, 2011, 01:56 PM
TarrahLovesHuLo's Avatar Mega Super Tired Mommy
hmmmmmmmmm.....all good info!
March 10th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've not heard of them!! I refuse to buy Hylands again though because twice I bought them and twice I had to throw them out because of the recall. They have lost my business now
March 10th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummy2SummerNAshton View Post
I've not heard of them!! I refuse to buy Hylands again though because twice I bought them and twice I had to throw them out because of the recall. They have lost my business now
Recall doesn't bother me. It was recalled for stupid reasons and because ppl don;t know how to read instructions. And big deal if it doesn't have a child proof lid, my 8 month old can't open the bottle and besides that I don't let it my childs hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybear View Post
Yes, but I prefer the teething strips that they make. So much easier to use and I used one on myself and could tell that it was "working" if that makes sense.

I ordered a couple of boxes
Buy Humphreys Teething Relief Strips, Very Cherry Online at drugstore.com

My favorite tablets are from Homeostasis Labs
Buy Homeostasis Labs Children's Teething Relief, Tablets Online at drugstore.com - the dosage for these tabs are only 1 tablet every 4 hours, so they are little stronger than 1 Hyland tablet. I ran out of Hyland tablets a month or so ago and actually prefer these over them.
Thanks Holly. Do they dissolve as quickly as the Hylands do?

March 10th, 2011, 05:42 PM
*BabyMaMa*'s Avatar Kimber MaMa to Leah
They didn't do a thing for Leah...my child may just be "special" though, lol...

Feb 2012
March 10th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Hollybear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummy2SummerNAshton View Post
I would have bought the bottles off of you, lol, the recall wasn't because the product was unsafe or contaminated....it was because some idiot out there overdosed their child and the lid isn't childproof. (I totally sound insensitive when I say that, but come on---read the directions. You don't give your child more Tylenol than the label states so why would you give them more tablets?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1970 View Post
Recall doesn't bother me. It was recalled for stupid reasons and because ppl don;t know how to read instructions. And big deal if it doesn't have a child proof lid, my 8 month old can't open the bottle and besides that I don't let it my childs hands.

Thanks Holly. Do they dissolve as quickly as the Hylands do?
No, that's sort of why I went to the strips because the strips turn to mush super fast and I like that. Then the strips stick to their tongue really good, which causes the baby to "smack" and get it everywhere better. The homeostasis labs ones aren't as quick as Hylands, but I would say they were faster than the Humphreys. The only downside of the homeostasis labs ones is the packaging (It's literally a cardboard box, it sort of reminds me of a box of Nerds candy)

I truly notice a difference if I forget to give Sophie a heart at bedtime (they are heart shaped) so I'm sure these will get pulled eventually too

Oh, and you only get 50 tabs which is why I do the tabs at night (because you can only use them every 4 hours) and the strips during the day, which you can use every 2.

Last edited by Hollybear; March 10th, 2011 at 06:04 PM.
March 10th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybear View Post
I would have bought the bottles off of you, lol, the recall wasn't because the product was unsafe or contaminated....it was because some idiot out there overdosed their child and the lid isn't childproof. (I totally sound insensitive when I say that, but come on---read the directions. You don't give your child more Tylenol than the label states so why would you give them more tablets?)

No, that's sort of why I went to the strips because the strips turn to mush super fast and I like that. Then the strips stick to their tongue really good, which causes the baby to "smack" and get it everywhere better. The homeostasis labs ones aren't as quick as Hylands, but I would say they were faster than the Humphreys. The only downside of the homeostasis labs ones is the packaging (It's literally a cardboard box, it sort of reminds me of a box of Nerds candy)

I truly notice a difference if I forget to give Sophie a heart at bedtime (they are heart shaped) so I'm sure these will get pulled eventually too

Oh, and you only get 50 tabs which is why I do the tabs at night (because you can only use them every 4 hours) and the strips during the day, which you can use every 2.
Thanks, Holly. And I ditto your sentiments about the recall. I think it is ridiculous to recall the product just because some stupid mom overdosed their kid. I mean if you give more than the recommended dose of anything you will have an adverse reaction. That's why there are instructions. Doesn't mean you have to pull all off the shelves. FDA just hates homepathic anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search