So I am back at it again!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2011, 08:15 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started out trying really hard to get that baby wait off and all that seemed to happen was I gained weight! So I gave up and dropped ten pounds. So for the next couple of months that was it that 10 lbs.
I think that my butt was the size of Montana! That's because I carry all of my weight behind me!
A funny thing happened somewhere right around Thanksgiving the weight started coming off again. This time I lost 15lbs. OK yay and I didn't have to work at it either. I kept it to 1900 calories a day, which is really easy. But right after Christmas nothing nada. As soon as I introduced solids I couldn't lose a lb.
I decided to go back on the South Beach diet and in the last week I have lost that stubborn 5 lbs to get me over that plateau! I have 10 lbs to my pre-prego weight with my first baby! I still have a ways to go until I hit my ultimate goal of 120 but I have a really good dent in weight.
My delivery weight was 198 wow I was pushing that next number hard.
When I left the hospital I was 204. Love all fluids that they pump in to you!
Once the fluid was gone I was 181, still pretty gross with all of the extra weight on my butt!
I tried to eat right and exercise as much as possible and I ended up gaining a tun I gained another 12 lbs and I was 193. That was more than I weighed when I gave birth to 3 of my 4 kids I was ill, I just decided that I wouldn't be weighing or trying anymore it was just too depressing.
Right around Thanksgiving I started noticing that my clothes where getting really loose. So I gave it up and weighed myself and low and behold I was down to 187! We were heading in the right direction finally. And it just kept on going Then I stalled at 175 I finally got it going again and took another five pounds off.
So now I have 10 lbs to my pre-prego weight with Nicky my first. Funny thing was I weighed the most before my first! So my other pre-prego weights will be my next goals. LOL!

March 11th, 2011, 10:30 AM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! That's fantastic!! I tried the South Beach Diet a few years ago and I really really liked it. I have been trying to get my mom on it but no luck so far.

Good luck getting to your goal! You can do it!
March 11th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I know why is everybody so afraid of it? I'll give that the first few weeks are really rough but 8-13lb loss in 2 weeks healthy? It is so worth it! I am aiming for 150 by my birthday which is April 30th and 130 by CJ which is the 1st. But we shall see...

March 11th, 2011, 10:51 AM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we are afraid to give up the bread, rice, potatoes...etc. I know my mom feels like she can't live without potatoes. lol I just wish she'd try. She doesn't have to give them up forever..just stop eating them 5 times a week. lol

Anyway, I'm excited for you and I hope you continue to update on your progress!!
March 12th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Morgan2006's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I'm on weight watchers right now and it's going really well, but a lot of the weight watchers people rave about the south beach diet and how well it works. Alot of them used that diet to lost a bunch and now use weight watchers to maintain. Good luck losing the rest! Keep us posted.
March 15th, 2011, 01:02 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats on the weight loss! keep up the good work!!
March 15th, 2011, 01:11 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
That's awesome!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM
That's kinda what I was thinking about, just using South beach to get a jump start and then eating more like a normal person just carefully and nixing the white or refined carbs. I am off of stage one today but I am going to wait until Friday to weigh in again. AF decided to make an early visit so I am still a bit bloated. I have been know to gain up to 15lbs on a bad month! I am so bloated this month I don't want to jix the good feelings I have over the progress I have made so I am waiting until I know the bloating is all gone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search