Teething Question (this one has me baffled)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
For the past week Aly has been waking up in the middle of the night and refuses to go to sleep again unless someone is holding/rocking her. She is desperatly exhausted and when we rock her to sleep and lay her back down she immediatly wakes up and gets upset. We let her CIO to see if she'd calm down and she won't. She goes to bed no problem by herself.

The only thing I can think is that for the past couple months I take naps with her in our recliner b/c if I lay her down for a nap in her crib she only sleeps 20 mins...if I hold her and we both snuggle on the sofa, she sleeps up to an hour--and I needed that nap just as much as she does.

But now I'm wondering if she's finally figuring it out that sleeping with someone is better than alone--I always knew what I was doing wasn't the smartest choice but c'est la vie.

So now, what should I do? She is also teething--she won't cut her top tooth--it's been inside her gum (you can see it) but won't come out. She is miserable--so incredibly cranky...I feel so bad for her.

Do you think it's b/c she knows that humans can sleep with her now or do you think this sudden waking up in the middle of the night and refusing to sleep without someone with her is just teething issues??????

Is anyone else's LO going through a cranky/cry all the time phase??

March 28th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jed did that twice - waking up and refusing to go back to the crib. The only way he would sleep is with me holding him. After a couple of days I took him to the doc and he had ear infections. That was the ONLY symptom he had - no fever, no daytime crabbiness. Both times he did it - he had ear infections.

Not to scare you, but could it be something like that? I don't know how quickly babies figure out they can manipulate us - but I think it is a bit too early still.

March 28th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Violet has been doing that. I think she's just crazy uncomfortable with teething. She's like Aly and takes forever to cut teeth. Her gums are so swollen but her molars won't cut and she's gnawing on everything. I just want her teeth to break through already!

March 28th, 2011, 07:07 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That's exactly how Abri acted when she has had ear infections. It could be teething, but it also could be her ears. I'd take her to the pedi to get checked out just in case.
March 29th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Thanks girls...I will call the pedi. She slept all night last night..well she woke up b/c she lost her pacifier but we gave it to her quickly and snuck out fast and she didn't notice us...I think her top tooth finally cut through--I can feel it.

Should I still call?

March 29th, 2011, 08:30 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
If she slept fine last night, then I would assume teething was the culprit. Probably no need to call unless she goes back to not sleeping without any sign of teeth.
March 29th, 2011, 06:02 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Teething is kicking our butts here too, it could def. be that. Some days she is definitely cranky all.day.long. and other times she's great, it's so unpredictable and hard to deal with. I wonder if Aly is working on her molars like Didi is? Pediatric Advil helps us out a lot on really bad days when her gums are outrageously swollen, otherwise I just try to cuddle her lots and give her lots of stuff to chew on since that's all that seems to keep her happy and remind myself over and over again that one day it will end someday.

March 30th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Thanks Lisa She was up again last night so I think I'm calling the doc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search