If your LO goes to daycare...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What do you send for your LO to eat? I need some ideas for easy stuff to send with Carter everyday for lunch and breakfast. I have gotten a few of the gerber meals for lunch but am at a total loss for breakfast. I can't really think of anything easy except for yogurt or fruit. I have been trying to just do breakfast at home before we leave but I seem to be quite a slacker lately and am running late everyday because I won't get my lazy self out of the bed! Any ideas?

March 28th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We don't go to daycare but - What about single serving cereal boxes? We got these on vacation and they ended up working out great for M - he liked having a variety of different cereal. You could also do yogurt bites, freeze dried fruit bits, maybe premake pancakes and send one everyday, M also REALLY likes Gerber cereal bars (there are other brands also but for some reason M didnt like them as much, idk)

March 29th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jed loves the yogurt and fruits like bananas are easy. You can also get the fruit cups in the canned fruit aisles and they have single serving fruit cups that are just juice and fruit. I get the cereal bars or I just make him half a pb and j for breakfast!

Our day care provides lunch (and breakfast but Jed eats at home) but when he is home on the weekends we do deli meat, leftovers, single serve veggies (walmart has them in the canned veggie aisle), sandwiches, noodles, etc.

March 29th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm...our provider cooks breakfast and lunch for the kiddos, but I think some ideas would be fruits, cheese and crackers, yogurt...

Where's Racine when you need her??!

March 29th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! They do lunch for them when he moves up to the next room. The kids in his room range from 6 months to 14-15 months or so. I guess they think it's just easier if we just bring stuff which isn't a big deal, I have just had a hard time thinking of easy stuff to send for him.

March 30th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I've posted this here before, so if you've already seen it and it's old news and no help, I"m sorry! But I compiled a few lunch ideas here.

When we need breakfast on the go for some reason, I give the boys each a sandwich bag with rice chex and dried fruit mixed in.

When I'm really desperate for convenience, I like the Happy Baby foods.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search