Water and Juice

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 06:31 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone know how many oz of other liquids our LO should have now. I thought it was after 6 months they could have like 4 or 6 oz of juice a day, but what about water? Is there a limit of how much they should have? I've been giving Brynn about 6 oz between luch and dinner of water with a splash of apple juice (just for some flavor) because I don't want to only give her milk all day. I just remember when they were newborns it was NO WATER allowed, and now I don't know what she's suppossed to have. Should she have access to water all day so she doesn't dehydrate?

[IMG][/IMG]

March 28th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure if there is an actual number, our pedi just gave us a limit on milk not other stuff. M doesnt drink juice or water on a regular basis and he drinks 4, 6oz bottles of whole milk. When we were at the beach and it was very hot we just took a bottle of water with us and he drank as much as he wanted

March 28th, 2011, 07:12 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually give Karsyn a sippy of straight water or straight whole milk for a little drink. If we go somewhere, I have a sippy of water with me at all times. She has had a little bit of juice, but not much because she likes to spit it out and she gets everything sticky. I am still nursing so she has her bm all day long, but mostly just water/milk for meals and throughout the day. I don't think there is a specific amount of juice/water you should give. When I do give juice, I usually put more water than juice in a sippy cup.

March 28th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Vi isn't on milk yet, but with Lily I did about 18oz of whole milk a day and if she was thirsty any other time then she got water. We don't do juice here on a regular basis. Lily would usually drink about 8-16oz of water a day along with her milk.

Vi is still nursing but she loves water, so I give her about 8oz a day total with her meals.

March 29th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Layla hasn't had juice yet and as for water I had been wondering if there was a limit. I don't measure it but it has been really hot over here so she seems to be pointing at her water bottle a lot!! So she seems to be drinking quite a lot of water at the moment and basically drinks as much as she wants (plus breast milk on demand also).

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 29th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jed does milk in the sippy - but isn't having any bottles - so I am estimating he is about 18 -20 oz of milk a day. At snacks he gets water in the sippy. I started giving him water with his solids at 6 months.

March 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. My pedi said between 18 & 24 oz of milk and she drinks 24 oz so that why I don't want to give any more milk during meals. It seems like 6 oz of water during linch and dinner should be fine then.

[IMG][/IMG]

March 29th, 2011, 02:43 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
I am not sure how much water they should be drinking at this age... Sebastian has around 20 oz of milk and some water through the day. I try not to give him juice but he is a little thief and steals his brother's sippy with watered down juice every time he can!
March 29th, 2011, 04:43 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I read 4-6 cups total liquids per day, including milk or formula, water and juices. I give her water at each meal and with snacks, plus 20oz of whole milk a day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search