Temper, temper!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Super Mommy
Does anyone else have a baby (toddler) who already has temper tantrums? Quinn sure does! She goes limp and flops on the floor and screams if she doesn't get her way. Sometimes she'll just throw herself backwards which makes her smack her head on the floor and cry worse.

I don't remember it starting this young!!
March 29th, 2011, 04:07 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Nothing major but Abri definitely bursts into tears if we take something away or walk away when she wanted us to pick her up. She's dramatic to say the least.
March 29th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep! She throws herself backward and goes totally limp. I didn't think it started this soon!!

March 29th, 2011, 04:32 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG yes!!! She really gets mad and just screams and throws her arms in the air and starts crying! She will yell at us for the strangest stuff sometimes, it's not consistent, but she HATES if she gets her hands on an electrical device of any kind and then we take it away, that's the worst! She only has to see a cellphone, remote, mp3....anything at all that even looks like one and she'll scream and try to get to it. I didn't think it started this early either, but when I asked my doc at her 1 year check she said until anywhere from 15-18 months they are still learning to process anger, so that is some cause for more unexpected outbursts. And so the toddler years begin...

March 29th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Vi does the whole going limp and throwing herself around when she's mad as well. She'll also collapse on the floor screaming. Lily did not throw many tantrums, so it is definitely new for me.

March 29th, 2011, 06:40 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mia just started. She does this shrill half scream/half grunt thing when something doesn't go her way....she sort of smacks her arms down by her sides at the same time.

She also screams if someone takes her out of my arms or if I walk by and don't/can't pick her up...

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
March 29th, 2011, 07:17 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kolbie will throw herself facedown on the floor and cry into the rug There's rarely a real reason for her to throw her fit but it's so funny to see her little self crying on the floor. It's also almost always a fake cry. I usually laugh and pick her up.
March 29th, 2011, 08:48 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Charlie throws himself face down in a fit of a tempter tantrum. It's super cute lol.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
March 29th, 2011, 10:25 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Karsyn will go limp, throw herself on the floor and BITE THE CARPET/RUG! Or she will just go up to the couch and smash her head into it, then take a bite of the couch or chair!!!! That girl will bite anything that gets near her mouth! I have a smart phone-touch screen Palm Pixi-- and you have to mash a button to get the screen on then slide the thing up to unlock it (Like an Iphone) well if my phone lights up she gets excited and knows how to unlock it, text, send an email, make a call....she puts the phone down and uses her thumb to navigate thru the phone. Well if I see her with it, and it is lit up, I will quickly push the button to turn it off so she can't call anyone-----this is when she throws the biggest tantrum!! She will just fall to the floor, bite the floor and my phone and throw my phone until it lights up again!! She is definately a drama queen!!

March 30th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
LOL! I shouldn't laugh at these but Dondra yours was by far the best story!! haha. I can't believe she bites so much!

Peyton hasn't started throwing tantrums like this yet, but I'm sure they are probably coming!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
March 30th, 2011, 07:07 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It really is funny to watch! But we don't know how to get her to calm down and stop biting everything!

btw Kinley NEVER acted like this!

March 30th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jed throws his head back and screeches and cries. It was cute at first and now it is annoying! Especially since he is like some of the other babies and wants all the electronic devices. He tries to get me to pick him up when I am sitting on the couch so he can climb on the table and get the remote or the camera. When I put him down he screams and cries. And he knows the difference between his toy remote and the real remote. I can't wait until he can talk and express himself a bit better.

March 31st, 2011, 06:36 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YEP!!

Remember I have the little stinker who gets so mad that he holds his breath and passes out.

March 31st, 2011, 07:30 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mason throws his self down on the floor and starts kicking and screaming. Gotta love it

March 31st, 2011, 09:29 AM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
My daughter could break glass with her screams (and still can) and I believe Levi is going to follow in her footsteps. He gets downright mad if you don't give him food fast enough. He screams when he can't have something he wants or when we walk by without picking him up, even though he wants to be put right back down. He doesn't want to have anything to do with you 90% of the time, but you better be within 5 feet.
March 31st, 2011, 03:17 PM
Tiny Loves
Oh my! I am so lucky! No temper tantrums over this way, thankfully. The only time he cries because he is upset is when I don't let him play in puddles or the dog's water bowl!

March 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee4152 View Post
My daughter could break glass with her screams (and still can) and I believe Levi is going to follow in her footsteps. He gets downright mad if you don't give him food fast enough. He screams when he can't have something he wants or when we walk by without picking him up, even though he wants to be put right back down. He doesn't want to have anything to do with you 90% of the time, but you better be within 5 feet.
Same here with screaming when we can't feed her fast enough. We're really trying to teach her to be patient, but it is not her strenght so far, especially not when she's hungry!

And Dondra, what you described is basically how Didi unlocked my phone and called 911. How did they get so smart so fast?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search