So Sentimental

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
OK, I don't care if people hate this new "One Born Every Minute", think it portrays certain aspects of childbirth badly, whatever, I am LOVING watching all these babies being born. I think the show itself is pretty boring but ooooh the memories!!!

March 30th, 2011, 06:45 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I love watching it for that reason! I think it's edited badly to make different situations look much different than they really are. And I don't necessarily think as a whole that hospital seems very NCB friendly. But it does make me weepy
March 30th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that show is pretty funny!

March 30th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know its pretty funny at times. Like I think they make the cuts and show things not really the way they happen. Did you see last nights where the FIL was in the room? I would never have welcomed him in my room while in labor

I just loves the babies...soooo amazing...
March 30th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
I haven't watched last night's yet, so I don't know if you mean the FIL was in the room during labor or during the actual delivery (yuck!) but I will tell you that my labor took so long that during the day we had Jamie's bio dad, his partner, my mom, my brother, my SIL and my nieces in the room for several hours. In fact they brought me sushi assuming I would have had the baby by then, so they all sat eating dinner and my niece did her homework while I just "labored" away. And any privacy that I hoped to have around Jamie's bio-dad went right out the window by like the third change in staff (labor was 27 hours). For the actual delivery it was just Jamie's bio-dad and my mom (who got a nights sleep and still made it all the way from FL to TX while I was in labor) but because he took so long we had nurses, the doctor, the resident, the "emergency - just-in-case" crew since his heart rate dropped and about 10 students!!! I don't even want to think about the number of people who saw my hoo-hoo.

Anyway, I just looooooove seeing those babies. And I do like seeing those moms and remembering what it was like being in the hospital and experiencing the whole process, remembering when it was finally time to push, etc. Awwwww I'm going to cry. I need to hurry up and fall in love or get rich and have more babies.

March 30th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I love that show! It's edited poorly but being as pregnant as I am--it's a comforting reminder that all the fears I am consuming my mind with again are completely normal. I love all labor and delivery shows! lol

March 30th, 2011, 09:02 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOVE that show!! Even Kinley likes it!! She gets all giddy and says "that lady is going to have a baby!!!!!! "

March 30th, 2011, 09:10 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kaija is TERRIFIED of it! I was watching it when she got up from a nap one day and the woman was having a hard time and her baby's heart rate was dropping so it got a little tense and she needed oxygen. I looked up at Kaija and she had her hands over her eyes and was whispering something. She looked really scared! Sooo I turned it off.
March 30th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Quote:
I looked up at Kaija and she had her hands over her eyes and was whispering something. She looked really scared!
Aww, sweet girl! I can just picture her.

March 30th, 2011, 09:20 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
I LOVE it! Brings back a flood of memories from all 5 of my deliveries! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!
March 31st, 2011, 04:59 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah my 4 year old doesn't like it either. It freaks her out I love it though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search