Kerrington's 12 month check up

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2011, 02:11 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Her appt was great. Her starts are 18 lbs 1 oz (8%) 27.5 (56%) and her 45.8 (65%). She went up a percent in weight so she's sticking to some kind of pattern and her head finally evened out a little. WE did find out that she's not cutting 4 but 6 teeth so that could explain a lot of unhappy baby. She said with them all coming in at once it takes longer. You can see 3 of them through the gums but it hasn't "officially" broke through. Maybe the next week she said . Also we did get a new prescription for her diaper rash that never gets better with anything. Right now there's nothing but once she get's one we are to take her in to get it tested. They think that maybe it's a staff infection type.

Now to the getting sick at night at random she said it's most likely the teeth. Some babies do fine with it till the relax then there babies can't handle it so they get sick form it. Not really sure if I agree but whatever.

March 31st, 2011, 02:20 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
she sounds perfect! I am sorry about her poor rash and I hope these teeth come in for her!!
March 31st, 2011, 03:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope her teeth come through soon and her rash clears! Sounds like she is doing great otherwise!

March 31st, 2011, 07:12 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Her stats sound almost exactly where Caleb is at! He's just about 18 lbs, 27.5 inches, and I don't see him getting that much bigger in a month. I'm glad he's not the only petite baby!

I'm sorry about her diaper rash. Caleb's only had it once and it was awful, so I can only imagine how hard of a time you all are having with a recurring one. I hope her teeth cut through soon and that you find a permanent solution to her rash!

ETA: What did her pedi say about her weight gain and it not tripling by one year? I keep getting told that Caleb should about triple his birth weight (7 lbs 5 oz), but we don't see that happening. He's only just making 18 lbs as of now, which means he'd have to gain like 3 lbs in a month (yeah right). Did they suggest anything to you?

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Last edited by krissy1989; March 31st, 2011 at 07:15 PM.
March 31st, 2011, 08:27 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our say's as long as they are following "there" growth curve it's fine. Unless she's goes under then we should worry. Both my kids have always been on the small side and we get the told that same thing. Brighton is 3.5 years and weights 25 lbs so we don't worry about her weight.

As for what they suggest is to keep them on whole milk till 2 and for the first cup of milk of the day to do the breakfast chocolate stuff. Now from our experiences the whole milk doesn't make a difference and the breakfast stuff just makes sure they get there vitamins and no weight change at all. So we do half whole and half 2% as whole milk is expensive but that's just us.

April 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is what our pedi said too. Jaxon didn't triple his weight either. But he is small, always has been. He was only 7lbs at birth and 18.5 inches.

Hope her rash clears up, and I am feeling you about the teeth. We are cutting all four molars at once.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search