Pregnant lady updates!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2011, 07:01 PM
caring21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to caring21
How are we feeling? Anything new to share? Have you bought anything fun or different for this baby?

Lindsay & Pascal proud parents to William

April 4th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Ooh_lala's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm at 32 weeks now and I am SOO tired. 40 hr work week, plus 3 toddlers, PHEW. lol.

DH bought the baby a swing/bassinet/glider, IDK what to call it, it was like the one paola had for max and I LOVED it and we got it on clearance at BRU

Also got our travel sytem (baby trend expedition) for 20 % off due to a sale, as well as our furniture for 20.00 off each item.

I'm excited bc this baby we havent asked or had anyone buy anything for us, it has been all us so I have gotten to pick everything that I want for him.

Piper- 02/12/07
Camden- 02/27/08
Ryker- 01/12/10
Atticus- 05/26/11

FINALLY expecting PINK again! Tatum Carlee EDD 06/08.

You don't have to ask, yes we know what causes it, and since you're asking and dont, google might be a nice place to start.
April 5th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, your pregnancy is going by so fast!

April 5th, 2011, 03:19 PM
AngelaMarie's Avatar Owen's Mommy
Laura I can't believe how close you are!! I'm so happy you got to pick everything yourself for the baby.

I guess I will post this here. I had the NT scan last week. The first time I went they were unable to get the scan done, the baby wouldn't cooperate. The Maternal Fetal Medicine department called me and said I needed to get the results in person so I knew they were bad. I met with the doctor, a genetic counselor, and a pediatric cardiologist yesterday. The fluid behind the baby's neck should be less than 2.5 mm our baby's fluid is measuring over 5 mm. That and the nasal bone, leg, and arm measurements indicate my risk for Down Syndrome has went from 1 in 70 to 1 in 5. They did a triple screen and that also came back indicating Down Syndrome or Trisomy 18. It could also mean the baby has CHD.

I decided to have a CVS done and am scheduled for that Monday morning. I am too anxious and need to know. I would never terminate, but I feel like if we are having a baby with Special Needs I want to know now so I can prepare and make sure he or she get the very best care possible from day one which would come with Scott and I being prepared and reading as much as we can. If the CVS comes back normal then we will be going to the Children's Hospital for fetal echocardiograms in May, June, and July. If those indicate that there is a problem with the baby's heart they will have me deliver at the children's hospital in case the baby needs surgery right at birth.

I'm doing ok, trying to stay positive and hope that the test results are wrong. This week is probably going to drag by though.
April 5th, 2011, 03:38 PM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS))) Angela...Such a hard road to go down. When will you get the results from the CVS?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig

April 5th, 2011, 03:56 PM
peace.love.audrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaMarie View Post
Laura I can't believe how close you are!! I'm so happy you got to pick everything yourself for the baby.

I guess I will post this here. I had the NT scan last week. The first time I went they were unable to get the scan done, the baby wouldn't cooperate. The Maternal Fetal Medicine department called me and said I needed to get the results in person so I knew they were bad. I met with the doctor, a genetic counselor, and a pediatric cardiologist yesterday. The fluid behind the baby's neck should be less than 2.5 mm our baby's fluid is measuring over 5 mm. That and the nasal bone, leg, and arm measurements indicate my risk for Down Syndrome has went from 1 in 70 to 1 in 5. They did a triple screen and that also came back indicating Down Syndrome or Trisomy 18. It could also mean the baby has CHD.

I decided to have a CVS done and am scheduled for that Monday morning. I am too anxious and need to know. I would never terminate, but I feel like if we are having a baby with Special Needs I want to know now so I can prepare and make sure he or she get the very best care possible from day one which would come with Scott and I being prepared and reading as much as we can. If the CVS comes back normal then we will be going to the Children's Hospital for fetal echocardiograms in May, June, and July. If those indicate that there is a problem with the baby's heart they will have me deliver at the children's hospital in case the baby needs surgery right at birth.

I'm doing ok, trying to stay positive and hope that the test results are wrong. This week is probably going to drag by though.
Wow.....that's a lot to chew. Please keep us posted.
April 5th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Laura, I can't believe how far along you are either!

Angela, I hope the tests are wrong too. I'm really sorry that you have to go through this. Please keep us posted. *Hugs*

April 5th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Thank you ladies. Jenny I should have the preliminary results on Wednesday, then the full report Friday. She said the preliminary results are pretty accurate. Thank God I don't have to wait a long time before we find out or I'd be a mess.
April 5th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Ooh_lala's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lots of T&P for you an baby!

Piper- 02/12/07
Camden- 02/27/08
Ryker- 01/12/10
Atticus- 05/26/11

FINALLY expecting PINK again! Tatum Carlee EDD 06/08.

You don't have to ask, yes we know what causes it, and since you're asking and dont, google might be a nice place to start.
April 6th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
Oh Angela, I can't say that I know how you feel, I can't even begin, but they told me something similar when they did the blood test with Simon and then had 3 people doing the ultrasound including a doctor because things just weren't looking right. It was horrible waiting. It was horrible to go through. I just hope that everything is okay. I'll be thinking of you. Big hugs!
April 6th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad you don't have to wait long for the results. I will be thinking about you guys!

April 6th, 2011, 10:47 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Sending lots of T's and P's for you and the baby.
April 6th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoping for the best for you Angela. Your baby is very lucky to have loving and proactive parents.

Major
April 7th, 2011, 11:34 AM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
I'm sorry you got those results. With Maddie I got a 1:12 chance of her having DS, but that was based on blood work. The CVS I had wasn't to bad. KUP
April 7th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Any news on how Nicky is doing? Seems like I haven't seen her around lately.... maybe I just missed her though.

April 8th, 2011, 11:46 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs Angela. I hope everything comes back fine. You will be in my T+P's this week and next.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Angela~ View Post
I'm sorry you got those results. With Maddie I got a 1:12 chance of her having DS, but that was based on blood work. The CVS I had wasn't to bad. KUP
Thanks Angela. I was just thinking about you the other day. I passed the 1 hour glucose test but my 90 day a1c was high so they started me on insulin. I'm really nervous about the CVS. The days are passing so slow. How are you feeling?
April 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry Angela, I didn't see this until just now! I hope Wednesday comes soon & its good news!

April 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Veteran
Hugs Angela I cant even imagine what you are going through

Thanks AlexAiden Mommy For my wonderful siggy
April 9th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
So, that means you have GD? Did you have GD with Owen? I don't remember.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search