This blows...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2011, 07:00 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I am officially on a plateau.

I can't lower my calories any more because I'm hungy, and when I do work out, I'm even eating some of my calories back. After today's workout, I'm sure to be well under my calories for the week.

I knew this weight would be tough. I sat at this weight for years.

I have only lost a pound in over 3 weeks! but... at the beginning I was on vacation and didn't work out and ate junk, so, I don't think that can count.

Blah.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 10th, 2011, 07:47 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
But G - look where you have come so far. Keep celebrating what you have accomplished.
Here is my suggestion. Take a break from the SCALE. I say don't weigh yourself for at least 2 weeks. That will allow you to focus on your eating, your exercising and NOT your number. I think the weight you've sat at for years is causing mental and emotional stress for you. Just keep your calories where they need to be and keep your work outs intense.
Also - remember - you are exhausted from sleep training. That play a huge factor in weight loss. It is almost impossible to lose weight when you are sleep deprived.

Keep your chin up. Even if you are at a plateau, you are still headed in the right direction!!!

April 10th, 2011, 07:52 AM
~Constance~
((hug))
April 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Don't get discouraged yet Gwynne! You are still doing great. You have lost a lot of weight in a relatively short period of time and even though it has stopped dropping for a couple weeks, it isn't going up either. So that's a good thing. I agree with Amanda that the sleep depravation as well as the emotional feelings attached to this weight.

In terms of eating and exercise, I usually try to change it up to get through a plateau and that doesn't mean eating less. In fact for me I usually eat more for about a week or so. I will eat all of my allotted calories and even eat back my exercise calories so I am as close to that line on lose it as I can go or even over 2-3 times that week. Then I will vary up my exercise. Doesn't mean anything harder or more just different. If you usually do machines, then do some classes this week or go for a run. Just something your body isn't used to. If none of that works, another suggestion is to eat the same amount of calories you have been eating but pay more attention to the nutrients for a week or 2. For example, look over your trends for the last couple months on lose it and see what your fat, carb and protein levels look like. If you are usually higher on carbs then maybe try to switch that up and eat more protein for a while just to keep your metabolism guessing. And of course, water, water, water!!

If you don't find any of those things working, then go back to doing what you are doing and if you are staying under your calories, eating healthy things and getting some exercise in, the scale will eventually start moving.

HUGS!! Just try and remember how good you are doing and that you are probably still losing inches, losing body fat, your heart and vital organs are all healthier and stronger by what you are doing, even if the scale isn't showing it.

April 10th, 2011, 10:51 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaBride View Post
In terms of eating and exercise, I usually try to change it up to get through a plateau and that doesn't mean eating less. In fact for me I usually eat more for about a week or so. I will eat all of my allotted calories and even eat back my exercise calories so I am as close to that line on lose it as I can go or even over 2-3 times that week. Then I will vary up my exercise. Doesn't mean anything harder or more just different. If you usually do machines, then do some classes this week or go for a run. Just something your body isn't used to. If none of that works, another suggestion is to eat the same amount of calories you have been eating but pay more attention to the nutrients for a week or 2. For example, look over your trends for the last couple months on lose it and see what your fat, carb and protein levels look like. If you are usually higher on carbs then maybe try to switch that up and eat more protein for a while just to keep your metabolism guessing. And of course, water, water, water!!
YES YES YES!!! Great advice Jen!!! That is a huge trick. Change it up. Shock your body for a couple of weeks.

April 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
thanks, ladies. I totally forgot about being sleep deprived and nope, haven't been getting the water like I should be.

I did start the spin class on Thursdays. Wow. It kicks my butt!

I'm certainly not giving up, but it's discouraging. 1 pound in 26 days.

I just got back from the gym. I rowed for 40 min and elliptical for 50 min. I also ate more of a protein breakfast (eggs, turkey sausage, lite bagel) than the typical cereal or oatmeal I love to eat. My big goal this week is to drink MORE WATER and exercise 5x for sure. I'm sure it will drop, but I can NOT WAIT to get below that number. 3 more pounds and I was where I was when I got pregnant with Kensley, and I was only there for 3 months because I started working out then, too... 4 more pounds and I'll be at a weight I haven't seen in probably, gawd, 8 or more years. I've been eyeing this mini goal for quite some time. I just want to get there!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search