From TTC through Pregnancy... my overall journey for #3

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2011, 07:06 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many dpo are you right now? You know, the cycle I got pregnant, I had a dream that I was. I really hope you get a BFP this time!

August 1st, 2011, 07:46 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm 10 dpo today. I'm not feeling a thing either way! I'm not one to get early BFP's, so I'm holding out until Wed., if I can. I know I won't test today and I'll be better off not testing tomorrow... We shall see!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 1st, 2011, 09:56 AM
You have a lot more patience than I do. Can't wait for you to test!

August 1st, 2011, 02:39 PM
I don't think I'll have to. I'm spotting again With Kellen, I only spotted on quirky cycles after meds or with cysts from the huge follicles, but this is the 2nd cycle in a row where I'm spotting at 10 dpo. Not a good sign. If I'm still spotting tomorrow, I'll call my OB and get things rolling for a barely-monitored cycle of clomid coming up. Can't hurt, and their nearly expired, so why not? If she agrees, I'm going balls to the wall... I'll probably go crazy, I'll temp til 4 dpo, I'll get bw done to check all my levels, getting 1 ultrasound to see the follicle development, OPK's, may test out my trigger (who knows)... yep. I'll go nuts.

Relaxed isn't working either. but I'm not devastated. I wasn't really invested in this cycle, but I knew I'm too old to "skip" any, so we had a couple good BD's in there and the rest was, well, obviously a bust.

August 2nd, 2011, 07:44 PM
spotting's picked up and is really dark red... I'm only at 11 dpo today, so if I start AF tomorrow, it'll be the shortest LP I've ever had. I hope, at least for the health of my LP, that I don't really start until Thursday.

So... I'm getting ready for a big cycle. FX and lots of prayers!!

August 4th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Got my bloodwork done today, but stilllllllllllllllllll waiting on AF! I'm sure she's coming any day now. Still spotting, BFN's and all the signs. I'm 13 dpo today. Jeeez... if she's going to show, just do it already! I need to move on I think either way, I'm emailing my OB tomorrow and see what the plan of attack will be. I'm pretty sure I know, but I just want to be sure

August 5th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Cycle #4... I'm not stressed about it, but because we have some meds left that will expire soon, we're going to go all out (well, minus the IUI) this cycle...

Today is my first clomid dose, 100 mg. I'll do that for 5 days, and combine then with FSH injections.

I have to say, I'm excited for all this... but I will be devastated if:

1. we only get 1 or 2 follies from all this. How depressing. I can do that on my own (and I do)

2. we get a bfn, but chances are still only 20% that we'd get pregnant this cycle, so I know 4/5 chance we won't be pregnant... Still...

Anyone want to ride on this roller coaster with me? I'll probably O early, I always do with the injections. The 2ww will be a buggar.

I have a headache, STILL. I'm thinking I may have a tumor in my head! It won't go away. And... I now have Kellen's cold. Sigh. What a way to start the cycle.

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!

August 5th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Good luck Gwynne! I really hope this is your month! I will be stalking this post so make sure you give lots of updates!

August 6th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Day 2, Cycle 4:

Nothing new... headcold, second day of 100 mg of clomid and doing all the daily things still (100 oz of water, vitamins and supplements, baby aspirin, hot foot soak, more protein...)

I don't think anything exciting will happen until around CD 8, when I *think* I have my u/s.

August 7th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Day 3, cycle 4...

doing well on my water, vitamins and supplements. Also bought and am taking 1000-2000mg of cinnamon and 500-1000 mg of ALA daily, to help with insulin levels, the natural way. I don't have insulin resistance, but it's a little high... figure it can't hurt.

Also had 1 75iu shot of follistim this morning. Piece of cake, just like I remember.

I already want to start testing I can see this cycle's 2ww is going to be a bear!

I have to call my OB tomorrow because I still haven't heard back about an u/s. I tend to O really early (like between cd 10 and 12) when on meds and since cd 9 and 10 are on the weekend, I need the u/s for Friday. We'll see what she says!

August 8th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Day 4...

Got a hold of my OB. She's awesome, but definitely not an RE. She wants me to WAIT until AFTER my ovulation for my u/s to show how many follies I already ovulated! UG. Definitely not the kind of monitoring I'm used to through my RE, whom I won't return to unless I have to... he seemed to half-*** things...

Anyway. She said wait until CD 15. Welll...... I can't wait that long, and she mentioned somewhere that she thought my cycle started on Wed. instead of Fri., and I let her think that so I can get my u/s earlier! It should be Wed, then (for HER cd 15), but I'm even going to push it and see if I can get it on Tuesday.

I *might* O on Tuesday, but I would guess that is as late as I might go.

It's all a waiting game, and I'm really trying to stay quite relaxed about it.

Good thing: she said she'll code it as issue with ovulation/check for cysts, so insurance covers it. That's good! And, in all reality, we wanted this so we could see how I responded to clomid, and this will tell us (but after the fact)... so I guess I should stop worrying about it and just get something scheduled.

Sigh...

August 9th, 2011, 07:40 AM
OK, CD 5 here! Last day of clomid and my second day of follistim shots I can definitely feel something going on "down there" and I hope it is all good. After all this, I'll be truly sad, maybe devastated, if there's only one or even two follies. Sigh...

I've got bloodwork tomorrow and Saturday to check estradiol and LH levels. Hope the #'s are going up! Typically, I have a level of about 300 (units, not sure what the unit is) per mature follie...

Last edited by redbirds; August 9th, 2011 at 07:42 AM.
August 12th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Well, this totally sucks.

My OPK this morning was faded in... not positive, by any means, but VERY visible. Last night was BFN and 4 hours later with SMU this mornining was another bfn, stark white. I can't believe it. ***!? So, I have no idea if I surged late last night and missed it, in which case, this cycle is #$%^ ed or if I didn't surge and should still continue with the shots! DR's out... I am going in for bloodwork in the a.m.

I hate TTC. I wish I could just f^%k and get pregnant without any of this issue, like most everyone else.

August 12th, 2011, 07:26 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HUGS momma!! Sorry those pesky OPKs are giving you a hard time!!! I was just curious (mentioned it in the SG too) why clomid on days 1-5? I thought normal was 5-9 ? Is there a big difference? pro/con?? GL all crossables crossed for you!!!!!!!
August 13th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Hi, Jenna...

I tend to surge and O super early (like between CD 10 and 13), especially when on meds, and my estradiol levels start to rise around cD 3, so the guess is my follies are "recruited" early on. The goal to take it from 1-5 is to encourage MORE follies to "recruit" and mature, and then the injects help them mature better than without. When I waited til cd 3 with the femara and injects, I only had 1 follie after all that, so it was a waste of $, since I do naturally O on my own.

It's all a crap shoot, really... but research is starting to show that cd 1-5 has a good success rate I just hope I'm one of them.

Well.... today's CD 9. OPK's are all still white, except that one freak one yesterday morning that had faded in a bit. I have no idea what it all means, except I just have to keep an eye on my temps. I don't feel O pains at all, just some throbbing, and there's not a whole lot of cm going on, even though my estradiol levels are nice and high.

Anwyay... getting b/w done today. Although, since it's the weekend, I may not hear back until Monday! But even hindsight will assure me whether or not I O'ed or will O today because they are also going to check my LH and progesterone levels.

So, one more day! I'll update, especially if the OPK's really begin to do their job. The best news at this point is: The OPK yesterday was a fluke... I am not or did not O yesterday or today... my OPK's today start to fade in and I can trigger tonight or tomorrow morning, and then I O tomorrow night or Monday some time! That would be OPTIMAL!!!

Last edited by redbirds; August 13th, 2011 at 06:31 AM.
August 14th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Well... cd 10 today...

OPK's still stark white. I had one this morning where it looked like it may actually begin to be fading in, but it's hardly even noticeable and so far, hasn't led to anything. U/S is tomorrow. I hope it gives me good answers because this guessing sucks.

August 15th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Eager to see what the u/s shows for ya!! Hope it's awesome news!!! <3 <3 FX!
August 15th, 2011, 09:58 AM
YAY!!! Good morning this morning!

My #'s came in from Saturday's blood draw...
E2 was 938 (indicative of 3 good follies)
LH was 2.4 (no surge)
P4 was .4 (no missed ovulation!)

Had my u/s and last blood draw for this pre-o cycle... and ...

I DO have 3 good fat follies growing! and a few small, immeasurable ones.

They are:
1 on left at avg of 22.5
2 on right at avg of 25 and 19

Lining is nice and thick at 14.5, thickest ever! So, the clomid didn't impair my lining, or the injects reversed any issues, or both, because it's good

So... game plan... (this is where it gets exciting)...

If OPK's aren't even fading in in the slightest, 1 more shot of menopur to help mature that 19 and trigger first thing Tues morning (cd 12).

If OPK's begin to fade in today, no menopur and trigger late tonight.

This means that most likely O day is Wednesday! and the BD will get really busy today through Wed or even Thurs., depending on temps.

Thank God. I'm sick of guessing.

I'll probably get my lab results tomorrow for my hormone levels, and I hope it's just as promising as the last set was.

Last edited by redbirds; August 15th, 2011 at 10:00 AM.
August 15th, 2011, 03:07 PM
WOOO HOOOO
August 16th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Had my trigger shot last night... checked for bleeding before injection and wouldn't you know it, after I injected, I bled! GO figure... so I have no idea if I nicked a vein/capillary/whatever going in or coming out, but now I'm freaked that the leakage could be a blood/HCG combo and I lost some of my meds in the bleeding!

God, why can't this be easy.

I haven't had any answers on line, so I have no idea.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search