From TTC through Pregnancy... my overall journey for #3

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2011, 06:57 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Final beta update...

14 DPO beta was 297 and P4 was 136.9!
16 DPO beta was 546 (doubling time of 52.36 hours)
21 DPO beta was 3344 (doubling 45 hrs) and P4 was 94

(and Kellen's was:
14 DPO: 156
16 DPO: 349
18 DPO: 858)

Appointment on the 26th! I can't wait!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Last edited by redbirds; April 11th, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
September 15th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so excited for you, Gwynne!! Is it too early to start guessing genders and talking names? Bc that's my favorite part!

September 16th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Thanks, Megan!

Well... I have to write this down because I'm beginning to wish I never ever wished for twins... Kellen was fussy the past 2 days (and I mean FUSSY) and last night, I locked myself in the bathroom and thought, how in the hell would I be able to manage 2 of them acting like this? Or hungry? Or poopy? Or carrying them up the stairs in their carriers that are SOOOO heavy? Or teething? Or waking up at night? and... still... give Kellen his baby moments, because he'll still be my baby at nearly 2. Sigh.

Plus... if there would be 2, having 2 more K names may be a bit ridiculous sounding... so we'd be stuck on the name thing. One more, if a boy, would most likely = Kemper and I would be happy and done!

Plus, we'd have to move to a suburban faster, and I really want my Traverse (which I haven't got yet) to last me a long while.

AND... we are looking for land to build and I found the perfect house plan, with 3 bedrooms upstairs. Perfect, for 3 kids, not 4! (but there is a br downstairs near the master, so even if there were eventually 4, there'd be room... plus a lower level..)

Anyway. I'm now officially praying I've got one bean. One healthy little bean.

If I have 2, well... I guess I'll get my freak on and also just love the idea of having 2, but for now, I'm changing my mind and hoping for 1!

September 16th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Gwynne, that's right, I forgot about Kemper. Hey if it is twins, they can share their own letter!
I think twins would be very hard to handle as well. But on the other hand, they seem to share such a special bond that's so neat to me! I think either way you will figure everything out.

September 17th, 2011, 06:41 AM
OK, I have to write this out because it's kinda cool and freaky

BEFORE I got my BFP, DD told DH, "Mommy's got a baby in her belly" I told DH, wouldn't that be nice... and the next day, lo and behold we got our REAL BFP! She had NO IDEA of our attempts and we make sure we do not talk of expanding the family around her...

Then... DD kept saying, "I don't want 2 babies, I just want one" We have no idea what that means! GULP LOL

Yesterday, DD told me, "you have a baby in your belly" and I said, " I do?" (and then thought, what the heck), "is it a boy or a girl" and she couldn't really decide but then kept swearing she wants a girl...

We're kind of hoping for a boy, so in that regard, I hope she is wrong.

It's amazing what these LO's have as far as intuition. AMAZING. We've never told her she's right, we just play along. If we told her she was right, she'd spill the beans to everyone else, and that won't do!

September 18th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow .. Gwynne, Kensley has something going on~ Take her lottery ticket shopping

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
September 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Yeah... I wish! She doesn't know anything about numbers, yet, though

Today, I'm 7 weeks! Only 5 days until my first visit and a sneak peek at the little bean. I'm quickly losing patience Luckily, though, I have LOTS of work to do!

October 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Ok... I haven't updated in a while, and in case ANYONE takes a peek, I thought I should update

First scan went well... I think the official due date is May 11, although they didn't say anything official. If you go by O day, it would be May 9. I'm sticking to the 11th and I'll ask when I go in again on the 25th.

Been a bit unsettled, but not queasy. I've had some RLP's, but nothing crazy. I get a little out of breath, but it could be I'm losing that fitness. I also feel like I'm expanding more, but it could be because of poor habits in the past month.

With everything going on, I've not made the best food choices and haven't gone to the gym as much (Kellen's nap is RIGHT during the prime class times in the morning!), so I can see this is going to be a battle. I've gained 7 pounds since week 4 (so 5.5 weeks) so this is not going the way I want! It's nothing to do with pregnancy, either! SOOOO.... Until I have my OB appointment (in 2 weeks) I'm going back to my 100 + oz of water daily (really slacked off) and more protein in the day. Hopefully, I can get back to 3-4x at the gym, too. I'll have to play around with Kellen's nap...

So, all's good as far as we know! Next OB appointment is in 2 weeks and then the NT scan is 6 days after that, on the 31st.

October 12th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Gwynne I'm glad your first appointment went well. I know it's easier said than done, but try to be easy on yourself. Weight is a constant battle for a lot of people, but you ARE pregnant. Take it easy and do what you can.

October 25th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Well... total as of last week was 10 # gained, but I lost 1.5# this week (not really trying, but not doing the parties and celebrations, either!), so I'm back to up 8.5#. Not too bad, I guess. I'll just keep working out and drinking tons of water and trying to better my diet now that the queasiness is going away.

So...

I looked up (took forever) all the NT stuff I could find from Kellen's appointments, and this is what I found so I can compare to this pregnancy

With the first tri screen only, the NT scan at 12w4d was 1.7, and combined with b/w and age, the risk for DS was 1/367 and for the other chromosome issues was 1/5,000+

After the second bloodwork, it was 1/900 for DS and even better for the others. (she said I had the chances/blood of a 28 year old).

So... AVG info: Age of 39 alone runs a risk of 1/80... so we'll see what Thursday brings me!

November 10th, 2011, 09:42 AM
AAAK! I just lost everything I wrote!

OK, so, first off, I'm at 14 weeks now and I've gained 9 pounds total. Not too bad, but I was really hoping for 7 max at this point. I'm hoping to not gain anything more by the time I go to my appointment in another week and a half. Working out at least 3x/week at the gym for at least an hour, usually about 1h 15 min. I'm trying to get in 4/wk but Kellen's naps usually squash that.

NT scan went well. I was 11w5d and measured 12w4d (64.5 CRL) It was 1.8, and I do admit I was hoping for a little less, but with the bloodwork, it's fine!

Sonographer swears (80%) that this baby is a girl. When I heard that, I was kind of taken back... I SWORE this is a boy, and all the "signs" point to boy, too (all the fun little readings, the Chinese gender, the hair, skin, cravings, etc...) Anyway, I am SOOO anxious to find out for sure, so I may get an elective u/s on the T or W after Thanksgiving, around 17 weeks. I don't think I can wait until Christmas! I think we're trying to keep it a secret from IRL folks

Bloodwork for the first tri screen was 1 in 1900 for Down's! Woo hoo! but only 1 in 791 for the big tri's (13/18) and that scares me a bit I'm getting the last round of blood work on Wed. before Thanksgiving and probably won't get results until the next week due to holiday and weekend. If results are "poor" I may opt for an amnio that next week (ASAP) instead of the elective gender u/s (I'd get a thorough u/s anyway). Sigh. Let's hope results are GREAT!!!

So, that's the update!

November 15th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Just spend precious time reading this and am grinning from ear to ear. I'm so glad I kept a journal of sorts It's fun to review it all...

A quick update

On Tues the 22nd (nov) I have my OB appointment (only 1 week!). I'm sure all will be fine

On Wed. the 23rd, I have my 2nd tri quad screen blood draw *gulp* I am so nervous and I PRAY the results are not delayed too much because of Thanksgiving or the weekend. I bet I'll get results some time mid week that next week.

On Thursday, the 1st (a bit more than 2 weeks away now), I'll be about 17 weeks and we're getting an elective u/s done! I've never done it before, but it should be fun and I MUST.FIND.OUT the gender

On Thursday the 22nd of Dec is our bit level II u/s! I also have an appointment on the 20th with Hovenga, but hopefully, she'll just let me do the level II and skip the appt with her unless things are bad, and I'll hang around after the u/s to talk. I think that's what we did with Kellen.

So, that's what we have scheduled for this little bean thus far!

November 30th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Tomorrow's the elective gender scan

And today, we got the call for the full sequential screen results now...

DS: 1 in 1,112 (the risk of a 24 year old)
Tri 13/18: 1 in 1362 (the risk of a 33 year old)
Spina Bifada: 1 in 64,000

Our anatomy scan is on the 22nd, and after I see that baby's completely healthy with no soft markers, I will TOTALLY relax, but for now, I'm pretty comfortable with the results!

December 8th, 2011, 10:22 AM
All about names...

I can't keep all of our name options straight and I keep losing my lists to sticky little fingers, so I'm using this as my log for my front runners...

Kersten: English, Scandinavian, Greek... means Follower of Christ, Anointed one.

Karis/Keris: from the Greek meaning grace, also could be anglicized from Welsh Carys/Cerys meaning Love

Kesta: Bearer of Christ, Scottish from Kester, from Christopher

Kassidy: English, clever

Kerine: could be English, Scandinavian, Dutch (not sure, is S's family name), appears to stem from Karen, meaning Pure.

OK, but are slipping slots:

Kallista: means most beautiful (Irish/English) but would a nn of Callie/Kallie be too close to Kellen? and... Alyssa is REALLY popular (like #20 in 2010 and around there for a few years), so I don't want names that are super close in sound to popular names...

Karissa (I can't remember the meaning), but it's French, German, Italian, Latin... not Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish... would it clash with the others?

Kara: no real issue, just not sure I LOVE it, but it's certainly on the list... means pure, sweet melody (English) or friend (Irish)

December 12th, 2011, 06:07 PM
DH knocked out Kesta. Blah.

He is not that fond of Kassidy, although that's one of my faves. I put it on the back burner.

We just got in a tiff over all this. I hate to say it, but I think girl names suck. I've looked beyond K and C and don't like ANYTHING!

We talked Karis/Carys/Cerys/Keris again... but in looking someone mentioned Kerrison. I think that sounds OK, but with our last name ending in "n" too, I was thinking Kerris. This brings the name to attach to Kerry, which means "descendants of Ciar" in Irish. I guess, we could actually include all 3 meanings (Greek, Irish, Welsh) and just say we have a creative spelling going. So far, I like that quite a bit.

Kerrigan was mentioned. That's ok.

DH said he likes Keirstan more than Kersten. I don't like Kiersten because of the meaning (little dark one) and that it is so close to Keira/Kiera, which is very popular. Sigh. ** ETA ** So, I looked up Kearsten/Kearstyn/Kearston and those spellings are still an offshoot of Kersten/Kirsten (Scandinavian/Greek) meaning Annointed One/Christian. Keira/Kiera is ranked in or near the 100's, so not TOOOO terribly popular. It may be a name we can both agree to, but it's not sticking for me, yet. Not bad, but not a wow name for me (yet?) I like Kerris better.

He also nixed Carissa/Karissa... too popular.

I'm waning on Callista because of the skyrocketing popularity of Callie and the already immensely popularity of Allysa (sounds a lot alike). So, those may be coming off the list.

Kara and Kerine are still OK. Not great and not really exciting, but not "bad" enough to scratch yet.

Sigh. So there you have it.

Maybe on the 22nd baby will have grown a penis (over the past 2 weeks) and all this will be for not.

Last edited by redbirds; December 12th, 2011 at 08:31 PM.
December 18th, 2011, 10:06 PM
More names to add because I'm tired and should be working but my brain's not in the right space...

Constance mentioned:

Kearney? It means "victorious" I like it... I am not sure DH will

Keryn... I think this is pronounced Curr-in (?) I always liked the pronunciation but never knew how to spell it. I think it's an off shoot of Kerine (which is still on our list, but I don't LOVE it) and Karen (my aunt) and those mean pure. Would this be misprounced a lot, though? That's a thought, as my name and DH's name (Sean, easy but on the NM/Mexico border, not easy at all) were rarely pronounced right.

And, I fell back in love with Kestrel (hawk's song). Not sure if DH will like it at all. I doubt it.

sigh.

I'm really trying not to think of names at all. In fact, I was scouring the internet to see what the chances are of a 17 week gender scan being wrong I am SOOO in denial. but don't get me wrong. I LOVE GIRLS and would love to have a second one! Thursday is my big u/s, so I am sure I will get confirmation and can finally hit myself over the head with it all...

but we may not address names again until our trip (I have a feeling we can't go drive 10 hours without the topic coming up). Sign.

So, the list so far, as I'm sure we'll discuss this on the trip, so I want to organize it...

* Kerris (creative spelling of either Greek Karis or Welsh Cerys/Carys...)
* Kersten (Annointed One, Christian)
* Kearsta (maybe Kearsten, both have same as above meaning)
* Keslyn (? it seems to not have a meaning!)
* Kestyn (I can't remember if DH nixed this... it's a place in London, means boundary stone of Cyssi (or boundary stone for short, I guess) )
* Keryn (not sure how to spell this, but I like the Curr-in pronunciation, if from Karen it means pure.)
* Kerine (family name, not the top on the list for me, I think from Karen meaning pure)
* Kerrison (?) not sure about this... the "son" names typically say boy to me
* Kesta (but I think he nixed this already) Scottish for Kester, from Christopher, meaning bearer of Christ

I like Keresley (UK surname, not sure of meaning) and Kearsey (but reminds me of the temperament sorter I use at work) and Kersey (dh doesn't like that one because of Curse...) I may have to print this list out and see if we duke it out on the trip. Kara is still on the list, but is slipping. Can it be creatively spelled with an e Sigh.

Last edited by redbirds; December 20th, 2011 at 05:03 PM.
January 10th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Still haven't had the name discussion, but this is what's going on in my head. I want to keep sitting with this and just not "think" about it for a while and see what happens.

Kesta, Kersten and Kestyn are still high on the list. They all have the same foundation and meaning. I like Kesta for ease of flow with our last name, Kersten for the nn Kersey, and Kestyn because it's different and still (in my opinion) quite feminine and professional and cute all at the same time.

Keslyn was nice, I loved it, but switch the "s" for an "l" and you have Kellyn. Too close to Kellen for me!

Kerris is still an option. Big drawback now is the Bible College moving into town: Charis, and pronounced the same way.

Kerine is OK. I don't want to cross it off yet, but it's not sitting with me yet.

Not fond of Kearsta or Kearsten any more so. Like the Kesta/Kestyn/Kersten names much better.

Keryn is OK still... but not sure if it will be pronounced right ever, so it's slipping.

Kerrison? Not sure about that... It may ease the Kerris/Charis thought, but I always thought "son" names were for boys. Eh.

I guess that's the update so far One of these days, (er, weeks) when DH can feel her moving, we'll sit down and hash out 2 or 3 final names and I'll call her those to see what fits. I want to wait, though Not ready for another name argument.

January 13th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Baby is moving around more I can BARELY see her, but she's visible. I bet he can feel her in the next couple weeks, if not easier.

I think I'm up 22 pounds already. My doc doesn't seem concerned, but the goal was/is to stay below the 40# I tend to gain! I know some of that is really holiday eating and lack of exercise. We're cutting out all the crap from holidays and working out again 4x at least per week. Hopefully, when I see H again in about 10 days or so, I'll be losing some of that holiday weight, but still holding on to the good baby weight.

I think I start PIAC with this appointment, and probably will have to do the GTT in the next few weeks. Blech.

And...

Kerris may be well off the list, thanks to Charis Bible College. :shrug: I guess I wasn't that attached.

Other 2 tops right now are similar: Kestyn and Kersten. DH never said no to them (he asked if I've narrowed my list and I told him these 2 names). I think he's mulling them over. Some other names may still come up, who knows...

ETA: a couple names did pop up lately, but I'm not loving them right now... maybe... Keyne (keen) almost sounds too boyish, but means beautiful/white... and Kerenna, from Kerensa (we changed the s to an n) which is Cornish and means affectionate one. The only reason I don't like Kerenna is all the nn possibilities: Cari, Kori, Ren, Anna, Kerenn (too much the Koran)... the whatever people can come up with, I don't care too much for. So, I don't know if we'll go with it, but I put it down just to sit on it and see how it feels.

I did tell him, though, that if we ever have another boy, the name WILL BE Kemper Rush. I don't care He didn't say anything, either. I think he knows this is the case and knows it's futile to argue

Last edited by redbirds; January 14th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
January 19th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Baby's doing well... She gets busy around this time at night (10p) when I'm working. Kensley was the first "outsider" to feel her and she was so thrilled! She still doesn't know that it's a girl, but she's guessing it is

I have a doc appointment on Tuesday. I hope I'm not up anymore. That holiday weight was nuts.

Names are still killing me. Right now, I'm wavering with Kersten. Is it too dry and boring? Too much like all the Krista's, Kristen's, Christine's, Christina's that I grew up with and grew tired of? I don't know. The only reason why it's staying at the top is the nn possibility of Kersey. I'd love to keep that as the real name, but DH does not love Kersey as a normal name. Maybe I can work on him...

So, the current list is as follows...

Kerris is back on the list. I guess I don't care about the Bible College and realize it's definitely a unique and pretty name with a pretty meaning. We'll see how hubby feels.

Kestyn. Still. We could always note it's taken from a mix of Kesta, Kersten/Kerstyn... means the same thing all the way around (Annointed one, Follower of Christ).

Kersten/Kersey (see above) + DH's issue with "cursed on" or "cursey" or "cursed one" Stupid childish playground nn.

Keslyn. Back on the list. Different, pretty, but is it too close to Kellen? and the meaning behind it is not real clear. Sigh.

Kennis... too close to Kensley? Means Beautiful. Not feminine enough?

Ketra (Hebrew) means crown. I like Kesta better, so not sure about this one.

Kerenna... but I don't like any nn from it (maybe, maybe Care is ok), Kerri, Kori, Ren/REnnie, Eren, Anna... not liking them at all.

Kennan is cool, but too close to both Kensley and Kellen? I don't know. Shrug.

Last edited by redbirds; January 20th, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
January 20th, 2012, 09:07 PM
In just this past hour of working and being on FF and JM, I've counted 10, TEN, Christine's or Kristen's. Blah. It's really killing the Kersten name.

I think it's going to die down. I hate popular names for my kids. I would never consider Anne, Nicole (although my MN is Nicol, as is Kensley's), Jessica, Heather, Kris/Christine/Cristina or anything therein, Sara, or any of those crazy popular names for my kiddos.

This makes naming a kid hard for me. I want unusual. DH wants "normal" because the last name is not uber normal like "Smith" or Jones (although, really, she could marry one... )

so, here I am yet again. I can't let it go and believe me, I want to. I just want to be done with it all (well, the name search).

I hope no one actually reads this whole name blog issue deal It's too insane, even for me!

I have decided, and it took some nerve, to cut Kersten out. I actually feel OK with it. It just never sit well with all the "Kris" options out there...

So, as of right now, I'm going with names that are fresh, fun and may be able to grow up well and be used professionally, too...

**Kerris
**Keaton (nn Keats). I always liked this name but DH nixed it early on. I'm bringing it up again! But, Hawk's town (I think it means) isn't a GREAT meaning. OK.
**Kersey, on it's own Have to find the history/meaning a bit more.
**Keegan, means firey (Irish)
**Keana, Irish for beautiful one (?) can't remember
**Kestyn/Kesta are still OK. Not sure I like them like the above.
**Kerrigan/Kerrison, but are from Carrie than anything and mean dark one or something like that...
There are a couple Ken names (Kenna, Kennan) that I like, but I hesitate with their similarity to Kensley.

That's it. I hope this is THE LIST for a while. I feel like a weight has been lifted, though, and my faves are the top 3 (not in any order) with the next 2 or 3 closely following.

Now, I have to sit on this a while. My goal is to NOT think names for at least 2 weeks, and then discuss what I've got with DH. I'm going to email them to him with my logic and tell him to sit on them for a couple weeks and see how he feels.

Maybe we can get somewhere. I've never planned to find THE NAME before 30 weeks anyway, so we've got at least 6 weeks of mulling it over and seeing how the names feel before really narrowing it down to 1 or 2 or even 3. I hope to have THE NAME by 35 weeks, though, at the latest

Last edited by redbirds; January 21st, 2012 at 03:01 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search