From TTC through Pregnancy... my overall journey for #3

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I think we're going to be at a standstill...

I emailed DH my top options with logic and reasoning. I told him, in the car, to wait until he read that email and to THINK about the names before making ANY comments. I actually told him I didn't want to talk to him about names until he mulled these over for a few weeks. So... I was hoping to not talk about it for quite some time.

He may have read the email today because he told me he wants a "traditional" name. WHA!? Since when? And not that I don't like them, but I don't like them. I want a name that isn't in the top 100, like ever. Sigh.

So, I'm not going to worry about it. He hasn't provided a list. Every name he provides is in the top 25 or so, so FORGET IT. And he just throws them out there without any thought to their connection or meaning or anything. He knows this is not an option with me.

Sigh. I hate this.

I emailed him the list. And of course, he mulled it over for like 1/2 a day. Figures.

Said he likes Kersten but not Kersey. Sorry, buddy. Kersten is WAAAY too close to all the other Kris names and there's no way she's getting named Kersten if we're not calling her Kersey as a nn. So, of course, that's out.

He said: Kerris... meh. Kestyn/Kesta... meh, meh.

then he said cross everything else off the list (Kersey, Keaton, Keegan, Kerrigan...) so...

Looks like it's between Kerris and Kestyn/Kesta It'll grow on him We'll see. Maybe he'll come up with a cool name himself. Doubt it.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Last edited by redbirds; January 23rd, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
January 25th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Last night, when I heard my aunt wasn't doing well and was in the ER again, I swore I had to name this baby after her somehow. And then, this morning, when I called and found out she had surgery last night and again today, I started crying and thought certainly I need to find a name honoring her.

I have one in mind. But I HATE the nn options and DH's family will shorten any name possible (as I mentioned, if we had a boy named Ian, they'd probably call him I! ) I'll have to be VERY specific with DH and then when we tell everyone, with family and friends, that there's NO nickname. Unless we include a C--- middle name, in which, if they MUST call her something different than her name, MAYBE it could be KC, but we don't want that to substitute for her name.

Sigh. That's my big issue. We'll see how I feel about all this.

Still sitting on all these options (4 now) to see what really fits this girl.

January 28th, 2012, 07:30 PM
So, baby girl is getting stronger I can feel her more every day. I think sometime in the next couple weeks, DH will surely be able to feel her without mistake. When she's really noticeable is when I wake up and 90% of the time he's already gone, so he doesn't get to feel that like DD did one day.

Weight is up. Blah. I think I'm up 25 pounds. In 25 weeks. Shoots the crap out of my 30 pound goal.

In a couple of weeks, I will have to get the 2 hour GTT done. Joy. So, it probably will need to be on a Saturday, otherwise, DH will have to take off because that's something I can't manage with 2 little ones running and screaming for 2+ hours!

Still working out faithfully. It's getting more difficult though. I'm tired! My back is killing me after our body sculpting class, and I'm just beat after Zumba/weights combo class. I also need to do more row/elliptical/bike now. It's easier on the joints.

And...

Since the fn is still up in limbo, I'm going to talk about mn's now...

I think good options that DH will go with are:

May, honors Mary (Gram) and Matthew (Uncle Louis). I love this mn, especially since she'll be a May baby (most likely!).
Marilaine, honors my Gram and DH's mom (mn is Elaine). Not sure I like the spelling... Maybe Marilane? Maralane? Maralaine?
Marlaine does the same thing as above, but I don't know which I like better...
Claire/Clare/Clar/Clair (not sure of spellings, we'll have to work on that) combines my mom's mn (Claire) and his grandmother Clara... Claira (combo) MIGHT work with one of the fn frontrunners, but honestly, a single syllable name sounds better.

And that's that.
Happy Song likes this.

Last edited by redbirds; February 3rd, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
February 2nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
If I EVER have another baby, I am not even talking to DH about the name... It was that bad naming Tessa. After she was born he left me alone with her nameless and I all set to name her Audrey... when he got back he threw a fit and we named her Tessa because that is what he wanted.

February 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I guess I should update a little

I am at that point where I worry a little because I can't always feel her moving. I have dreams where she's just gone! When this happens, I'll lay flat on my back (usually gets her moving) and if that doesn't get her thumping at me, I'll lay deep on my right side (where she likes to lay, so basically, I'm squishing her gently) and she'll move... but it didn't happen this morning, so I worried. Eventually, she did make me know she was OK. Sigh. This is aways a tough time because you can't always feel them, but you want to! I can't wait until it's much more consisent...

as I write this, she thumps me

Names. Sheesh.

So, I told DH of my idea of Kerensa. He kinda scoffed, but promised to sit on it a while. I don't know if I love it.

MN's: Mariel? (Mary + Elaine) Marlain, May, Claire/Clare/Clar, maybe even Jolane (?) I don't know if I love any of them. Well... I like the single syllable ones!

So, I'm just sitting on all the name possibilities. When I think I have an idea (30-ish weeks) I'll do another email to DH and he can think on them. Other than that, I just want her to move more so I can bond.

I don't feel like we're bonding if she doesn't have a name, and I don't feel I can name her without her moving to bond and feel if it's "right". It's a catch .22.

February 8th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I hate names I'm sick of looking at them. I've looked beyond K's and nothing bites. Sigh. I've got a headache and my stomach hurts. There's something wrong with every name I see, either on my end or on DH's. This really sucks.

February 10th, 2012, 09:54 AM
OK... revisited our original list and I emailed DH with mn options, too... I added Kassidy back on the list because he never gave me a reason to dump it so early on, and maybe, after all this headache, he'll be for it because it's fairly "normal" in his eyes. I like the name. I like the nickname Cass (Kass) and if mn is Clare (or some spelling), it could be KC.

I don't think it has to be a Ke name, we didn't choose Kellen's name with that intent, and it leaves things open if we do have another and it's a girl, it also does not have to be Ke...

But... but... IF we do have anohter and it's a boy, his name will be Kemper, so will she be left out being the only Ka one? That's my only concern...

February 10th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's still a "K" name, so I don't think she'd be left out. In fact, I don't think most people would even realize all your other kids are "Ke" except for her unless actually writting them down or putting a lot of time into thinking about them.

February 10th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks, Megan! OMG, you are actually reading this! You can see what a headache this is My goal was to have a name in line by 32 weeks, so I'm not desperate YET, but that's only 5 weeks away!!! I was really hoping to bond with a name. Bonding with this one is really hard this time around, so I think having a name can help... that and DH feeling her move.
Memi likes this.

February 10th, 2012, 03:51 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Ok, so I responded in the baby names thread.... but I will respond here too. Now that I see some of your resoning and nn options I really do like Kassidy! I LOVE Kass!!! I think that is adorable for a little girl
Kensley, Kellen, Kass, and Kemper, I absolutely LOVE that sibset! I hope DH comes around!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
February 11th, 2012, 07:21 AM
THanks, Kelli!!! Sorry to torture you through all my name challenges Love the idea and input though.

February 13th, 2012, 08:42 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I met a Kinnery this weekend and it struck me as a beautiful name, but probably isn't for everyone Kinnery or Kennery would work well in your sibset Just another thought for ya

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
February 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I love Kinnery! but... as is the problem with A LOT of K names I REALLY like, they sound so much like the names we've already claimed (like Kensley). Sigh.

It's OK. I'm not stressing. I've got that short list of about 4 names and I am not settling. DH is just going to have to pick one he dislikes least I think the names are growing on him, though He doesn't scowl anymore when I mention them

February 14th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
4 names, that's great Gwynne, you've narrowed it down a lot!! I think sometime guys just need to hear a name a lot and let it sink in and grow on them before they can come around to it. That's ALWAYS how my DH's has been with the names I love (that's how it was with Gabriel's name as well). And low and behold, months and months later, you'd think it was his idea bc he loved it so much. Men! At any rate, I can totally sympathize with needing a name to make it seem "real" and further bond with your baby. I was the exact same way. When I was pregnant with G we were set on a girl name but still indecisive on a boy name. The carride home from finding out he was a boy I told I needed a name before I could get excited about it. I just needed a name to picture him with and talk about him in order for me to start planning for a son and getting really excited. It sounds goofy to a lot of people, I know, but I'm the same way

February 18th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I was scouring through our OLD DDC posts and found that by at least 28 weeks, we had already named Kellen! This is depressing for this little gal. Sigh.

So, anyway, had my 2 hour GTT today and discovered the numbers to pass had changed! You have to pass all three levels... no ability to tie or fail ANY of the cutoffs...

So, the fasting needs to be 92, not 95 like with the 3 hour. I am always SO CLOSE on this. I hope I passed it! but who knows. The fasting draw for me is a B i t ch. Even when I just checked for the heck of it, I couldn't ever get it down below 85 or so. Their regular monitor for the first draw showed me at 88. I hope the plasma draw is about that!

The 1 hour post 75 mg drink needs to be at 180 or less. From looking at Kellen's with the 100 mg drink, it was 163, so I'm a bit hopeful I can pass this number.

The 2 hour draw (final one) needs to be 153 or less, and with Kellen's 100 mg 2 hour draw, I was at 150. It may be close. I wasn't as mobile with this test, either, so that's playing a part... AAAK!

I'm not as confident as I was this morning when I thought the cut off levels were the same. Sigh. I'll find out Tuesday (3 days) at my 28 (well, 28.5 week) appointment). EEK! I guess if they are that bad, I may get a call on Monday...

February 24th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Well... I failed the 1 hour draw. Poop.
Fasting was 87
1 hour was 181, cutoff was 180 GRRRR
2 hour was 141, cutoff is 153.

So, I get my glucose meter this weekend and follow the GD diet to see how my sugars are with my food intake. I have to log it and bring it to doc on my next appointment in a couple weeks.

Right now, uterus is measuring on target. No u/s scheduled until around 38 weeks to check on size, but if she looks to be breach, we may have an earlier one to make sure. I hope she's not breech! Hard to tell at this point, but I hear around 32 weeks is when you can really tell, and I'm 29 weeks today.

February 24th, 2012, 01:36 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gwynne!! I didn't know you were pregnant again!? Congrats.

Come visit the old PR sometime! We miss you.

My Blog
February 25th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Oh, thanks for lurking Yep... and I'm going to stalk you now, and pray for your sticky bean, too!!! EEEK. I hope this is it for you!!!

so...

Now I have a freaking rash. And it not only itches (kind of) but it HURTS! On the very bottom of my stretch marks, on my upper thigh and my butt. it HURTS! Good Lord.

And they forgot to call in my meter on Friday, so the weekend is just trying to control diet with no clue how my numbers are doing. Eh. I'm sure it will be ready for pick up on Monday and I will call the insurance company to see what they cover

No name yet. Sigh.

I have been briefly bitten by the nesting bug today. I organized our complete mess of a storage space downstairs, got all the baby girl clothes ready from 0-9 months to be brought up come May, brought up and organized all of Kellen's clothes through 2T and organized the whole space. It took HOURS and I'm exhausted and my back hurts and now I've got BH. I've never had BH with either other kid, but this is my second round in a week with this one.

Of course, the house is still a major disaster and you would never have guessed I spent hours doing something that was in preparation for another baby and getting these kids' closed stored and organized.

If I have ANY energy and still have "the bug" tomorrow, I'm going to clean out Kellen's room and completely re-do his closet and toy organization so things stay cleaned up longer than 5 minutes. Kensley's room is a weekend project in and of itself Sigh.

Last edited by redbirds; February 25th, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
March 14th, 2012, 10:23 PM
32 weeks is coming up. No name. We have been arguing about this and not getting anywhere. We're 2 stubborn individuals who are not listening to each other and I'm getting emotionally spent from it.

I really do not want a #4 simply because of the issue with names. Seriously.

But, I did email him tonight. Again, reiterated why I don't like Kersten/Kiersten and how it relates to the dull (for me) names of Christine, Christina, Krista etc... that are EVERYWHERE and make me want to gag when I consider naming our kid something so popular or dry.

I offered Kersey, as a diminutive, and we'll see what he says.

Reiterated the other names on the list.

Explained my reasoning, my fears, my emotional craziness and how sick I am of all this garbage and just wish we could magically agree on something. I described how I spend so much time on all this and I'm not just throwing names out there. I consider ethnic backgrounds, meanings, popularity, goes with last name, nn options, everything. Explained how I hate that we can't talk things over in person, but whatever moves us along... email can be a source, I guess.

Hopefully, he'll actually READ it and not just reply in 2 words. He'll sit on it a bit and try to understand where I'm coming from.

But...

I am "talking to" a man, so I doubt any of that will happen.

We'll see.

March 30th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Well, 34 weeks today! Had an u/s on Tues and all looks well. Baby is measuring 75% (typical for us) and guessed at about 5# 5 oz, so may hit that 8# mark like the others

I'm still hoping for that May 10 delivery, without induction, but I have a feeling this one may not wait until then. We have SO MUCH to do!!! I need every second

Kensley named this one Carrot Heart and that's about as close to a name as we have. Being 34 weeks, I brought up the name issue AGAIN on our way home today and he continued to press names I don't like and he KNOWS I do not like and I just said, nope, nope, nope. DUH. And I said I call her the names I sent him and they fit. He didn't say much. I think he's just being stubborn and at this point, SO AM I. He has given me NO reasons as to why he nixes my names, and I provide good reasons (at least I think) as to why the names he likes are nixed.

It is so exhausting. I think I'm just going to start calling her name out loud and leave it at that. Maybe it'll grow on him. I actually hate this and it bugs the crap out of me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search