From TTC through Pregnancy... my overall journey for #3

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2012, 06:54 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
35 weeks tomorrow (Fri., 6th). Goodness. Where has the time gone?

I'm super tired. I have so much to do, and I'm praying this one stays put like the others until May. No contractions, just a couple BH's and a bit of swelling and soreness with trying to find a comfortable position for my poor heavy hips.

Next appointment is Tues (10th) and we'll see how everything is going.

My sugar levels have been off the past 2 days and it's getting frustrating. One will read great, the next awful, the next fine and so forth. I think it's the breakfast that is throwing me off. I haven't had a chance to work out since Monday and I actually probably won't until Saturday So, that hurts the a.m. readings. I'm getting sick of protein. Weeks prior have been effortless, but the past 2 days... blech!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 15th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Soooo...

we've not talked names in a long while. We probably won't until she's born. I have my list, and that's all that matters Now, the order of what I like on my list is still up in the air for me so I guess we just wait and see.

She's doing good. Glucose levels are right in line with where they need to be, so I don't think I really had GD or if I did, it was quite mild. On to weekly appointments, now! I'm kind of hoping for an end of April, May 1 or even May 10 birthday, but we'll see what Carrot Heart says.

Still doing the zumba/sculpting class on Mondays, elliptical/rower on Thurs and Sat for a bit over an hour and when I thinkk about it, I may get on the treadmill for 20 min sometime in the week, but that's not definitive.

Started EPO orally yesterday. 2 1300 mg pills, 1 in a.m. 1 in p.m. At 37 weeks, I'll add 2 vaginal pills, too (or just do vag and skip the oral, dunno). Maybe some RRL tea? That's supposed to be good also.

April 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait to see what you decide to name her. You're right at the finish line, Gwynne! She will be here before you know it.

April 17th, 2012, 02:27 PM
THanks, Megan! It'll be interesting to see how the name thing pans out, too... We are both very stubborn and I'm more emotionally vested than he is, so who knows.

Today was week 36/37 appointment. Went fast. Baby (well fundal height) is measuring right on track. Gained 3 # in a week Sucks. She is not concerned, though. I better not do that this week! I just can't control it while pregnant, no matter what I do. It better all come off as fast as it came on, at least!

Found out she DOES want me to come in these last 3 visits to her office down town to also include NST/BPP's, but because of AMA and not the GD. SOOOO... now we have to change our appointments to connect with that. She said I can bring the kids because they have toys and whatnot, but I think DH would be more than happy to take a 1/2 day off if I get afternoon appointments. We'll see what they have available.

My back is starting to really ache. I guess I'm FINALLY feeling the strains of pregnancy. My hips ache at night, so finding a comfy position to sleep is freaking impossible, but the back ache is killing me. I may go see my chiro soon, or just live with it and take lots of baths

My MOPS group gave me some super sweet things for baby. I told them no baby shower, but they gave me a BEAUTIFUL diaper cake that one made, plus some bath bombs, lotion, baby outfit, frame... so nice! I was so thrilled! I may post in the main forum with pics.

April 19th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Guess I'll update before I go to bed. Today is Thursday, 4/19. I'm 36w6d by the first u/s, 37w1d by O date on FF.

Amnio fluid basically has been leaking all day (we think). I called Hovenga, but she wasn't in so got a call from her office saying to go in to the hospital. Given that it's TOO EARLY and there's no one up here, we decided to just hang tight here and check in tomorrow in hopes I can talk with Hov. personally. My mom will be coming up tomorrow, probably arrive close to 8 or 9p... so, I'll probably check in to the hospital sometime during the day for monitoring, but will beg, plead, kick, scream to NOT do any induction process until evening when I know mom's there and Sean can be with me.

I called IL's to tell them to be on alert and I *thought* they understood they could be coming up tomorrow morning... well, called again this afternoon to tell them to come on up, and they went to Mesa! So... called my mom to come up and she can. I think IL's may be a bit discouraged not to be here first, but they wouldn't get here until Sat night after a LONG drive home, pack and then up here... so they would be exhausted. We figured that wouldn't work anyway because the hospital would be impatient with L&D.

Anyway... It's quite the saga. Too many things are NOT done, including packing for the hospital! cleaning! Work!!! AAAK!.

No real contractions. Gone through 3-4 pads, 2 pairs of undies and pants in the course of 16 hours, so definitely WET and all indications that it's amnio fluid and not anything else. All's clear, no fever, smells like what they say aF should smell like (semen)...

Sadly to admit, I'm not excited. It's just sooo early and I'm soooo not ready. Sigh. I hope this changes tomorrow, because I'm pretty sure we'll have her here this weekend.

If nothing else, I pray we do not have to jump start things too much, if at all, but also that she doesn't make an early appearance tomorrow. I want my mom up and the kids situated and some work crossed off my list in order to be happy about timing

Last edited by redbirds; April 19th, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
April 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM
Birth story!!!

Wow. What a whirlwind day. April 21, 2012

Went to the gym and the store. Kellen fell asleep in the car at 10:30, so I put him to bed, got the groceries, put them away. Took a bath (because yesterday, you know, they said I was NOT leaking amnio fluid) and went down for a nap. Slept til about 12:30, when Kellen also woke up (Kensley and daddy were at swimming lessons and running errands).

I felt like CRAP. I wanted to eat, but couldn't for fear of puking. I had MAJOR chills, so put on sweats (near 70 degrees) and Kellen and I went outside where I sat in the sun to warm up.

DH got home at about 1:30 and was ready to get more of the swingset up, but I told him I felt crappy and just wanted to sit and rock, so he also said he felt tired but he started the dirtwork just in case (saying it was his motivation).

The kids were playing outside and he was outside, so at 2:00 I went upstairs to take a nap and lay down. I couldn't sleep and at about 2:10 or so:

Whoa.

Contraction. Ouch. Maybe it will go away.

Nope. Here's another.

And they are ALL BACK LABOR. God I hate that.

I started timing them and they were between 3-6 min apart (never felt any before that!) and so told DH we need to GO! Kids are naked, playing in the little pool. He's sweaty, I'm in my pj-sweats. I change, he changes them as fast as he can and I call my friend to see if she can watch them.

We get in the car, I call the hospital to tell them, contractions are 3 min steady, painful and 30 seconds. And we're 50 min out.

We basically threw the kids out of the car with the car seats. They were happy to play with my friend and her little dog

Anyway... Soon, my contractions were 1 min apart and 30 sec or so. I couldn't tell because my freaking watch didn't have the second time on it. It was the worse pain ever, but I had all back labor with Kensley, so nothing new

OK... forward a few minutes. I tell Dh I can FEEL HER and we're still 15 min or so out. I call the hos agin and they were ready for us (so they say). We ran 5 red lights. Got to the hospital at 3:27. I was in such pain with the last contraction, the nurses ran out, pulled my pants down in the lobby, checked me right there and I was ready to push. They did get a bet by me, though in 1 contraction's time, I moved to the bed, they got me to the room. By now it was 3:33.

At the very next contraction, they told me to push "when you have another contraction" and I said, that's NOW. So, I BIG push and out she came. She felt like she was 4 feet long. But they got her! She was born at 3:37. No meds AT ALL. I never thought I would be "THAT WOMAN" but here I am. No tears, just bleeding a bit more (they say normal for such fast labor) and slightly feverish, so automatically had antibiotics.

She's 6# 3 oz, 20 inches long. Beautiful red (or strawberry blonde, but redder than K & K) hair and just as tiny as can be. I never have tiny babies! She's gorgeous.

I'll post pics probably Monday or Tues when I get home. I actually just finished some work and will sleep I hope tonight.

So....

BAby girl is....

Kerris May. Kerris is the anglicized spelling of Cerys, Welsh, meaning Love and there's also a Greek Charis meaning full of grace. May is a derivative of Mary, my loving, loving grandmother (and it's nice because Sean has 2 great grandmother Mary's too). We don't know if we want May or Mae, since she wasn't born in May... I lean to May. What do you think?

There you have it! I'm hot, still a bit freaked out, but we're good!

Mom's coming up tomorrow. It all worked out. I'm really feeling these uterine contractions. Ouch. Blech. but other than that, all's good. She latched on right away and I'm about to feed her again She's sleeping good right now!

Oh, forgot to add: they said it's very rare (near miraculous) to have 2 knots in her chord, but she did! It apparently did not pose much of an issue (don't know if they were downplaying it or what), but I'm just glad she's out safe and sound

Last edited by redbirds; April 23rd, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
April 11th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Wow. I'm so glad I kept this journal! Cuz, here we are, with *surprise* #4 So, now I can go back and obsess again! Plus it was fun going through all this and remembering the ease to get our sweet Kerris, and now the TOTAL shock with #4 Beta tests are today to see if we can get an idea of how far along I am, or when I need to schedule my appointment with my OB
Memi likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 09:21 AM
well, here I am with #4.
Just got the beta's back. Not sure on DPO... but the first was 984 and the second was 1848. Doubling time was 46 hours.
I *think* it was 17 or 18 DPO for the 984
and 19 or 20 dpo for the 1848.

Kerris was:
14 DPO beta was 297 and P4 was 136.9!
16 DPO beta was 546 (doubling time of 52.36 hours)
21 DPO beta was 3344 (doubling 45 hrs) and P4 was 94

(and Kellen's was:
14 DPO: 156
16 DPO: 349
18 DPO: 858)

May 3rd, 2013, 02:42 PM
Well, had my first OB appointment yesterday and #4 is measuring 7w6d, so provides an EDD of around Dec. 13! I bet we don't make it that long but it's fun to have the date in mind, now.

Next up is to schedule the MaterniT21 test for (hopefully) 10+ weeks (before our trip) and then the NT scan and all that for when we return (at about 12 weeks).

Can't wait and am PRAYING SO HARD that this baby is healthy!

June 9th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Sooo...

M21+ results came back WONDERFUL with no chromosomal issues but there was the gender disappointment as the results (and the NT nub scan that day at 12+ weeks) showed "no Y chromosome present" so another girl!

It's been a week since we found out and I'm still a bit deflated. I am sure I'll get over it, but I just wanted another boy. This baby is precious and she's going to be spunky, I know and I love her more than anything, but there's still that internal desire for that boy.

So...

DH started in on names already. Karstyn. SERIOUSLY? Kerstin. Forget it. NO. and I'm sure he'll bring up Keirsten again.

I told him No. No. NO. and I am not going to talk about it now.

I still like the idea of Kemper, Kemper Grace, but he's not sold (in face he's not going to be an easy sell AT ALL and I doubt it will happen). He says it's all boy. I have to find famous girls named Kemper.

I also like Kestyn. Kestyn Faith. I am pretty comfortable noting it's from the Kesta/Kester (Scottish) meaning Bearer of Christ. It's pretty freaking close to Kristen. How could he say no to that?

But seriously, I'm not even going to allow conversations about names to be had at least until viability (just because it makes me so ) Those are my 2 options right now. If he doesn't like one, he'll have to like the other.

My ONLY issue with Kestyn is it may sound too similar in a roudabout way to Kellen and Kes may be too close to Kenz, if friends (not US) shorten their names.

But, good news, baby's healthy!

NT fold measurement was an itty bitty 1.2
TreeTog likes this.

June 29th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Swore I wouldn't look at names until after the 20 week u/s, but I am and no new news Why do girl names have to be so hard?!

Still looking at Kesta/Kestyn, Kemper... but also trying to create a short list again, and names are picking up from last time, but nothing exciting.

Have an appointment on Monday! 16 weeks today.

July 7th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Appointment went well... got a sneak peek at baby, but no real telling gender shots. Anatomy scan is on the 30th at 20+ weeks! That will be a fun day

Thinking of mn's, since I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find any other fn's that I like. So....

I like Kemper Grace...
I like Kestyn Faith
I like Kesta ?? (Grace? Claire? Paige?)

I'm open to girly mn's and the only thing that keeps me from these mn's is that they aren't family names (as far as I know) and all the other kids have family names. SOOO... I may email MIL to see if she can send a bunch of super feminine names for consideration before the anatomy scan.

July 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Tuesday is my 20 week-ish u/s and I can't wait. M21 results = girl, but I want to see it for myself It's taking forever for this date to get here!

All the little movements are starting to be quite clear. I think it's been about a week now and it's great to feel those little thumps.

No major updates! Just impatiently waiting that 20 week u/s and then it should go faster for me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search