really struggling right now

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2011, 03:05 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am REALLY struggling with my sweet tooth right now.

I went to Wendy's for lunch to get this salad my parents rave about and it was unedible. I didn't care for the flavor of the dressing and also it had bleu cheese, which not only isn't on my diet... I don't like.

I went grocery shopping and nearly cried. I swear every donut, cake, easter candy and sweet sugary thing created is on sale. and I want it ALL.

I looked in my pathetic cart of ground turkey (yuck!) and other healthy crap and just wanted to cry.

Right now I have a turkey meatloaf in the oven. I haven't eaten ground turkey cause it kinds grosses me out... I jusst keep hoping that I open the oven when the timer goes off and there is a CAKE in there instead of a turkey meatloaf.

I am just really sad thinking of the days of eating with reckless abandon. Obviously that's what got me to where I am now and I can't continue it... but I SO wish I could. I miss making funfetti cupcakes and grabbing two as I go to sit down on the couch... several times a day. haha.

It sucks not having bread and potatoes and pasta... but no sweets is like the DEATH of me right now.

Did I mention Granny has like 8 kinds of chocolate in her closet right now?! I WANTTTTT!

April 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can so relate. I've only been back to eating healthy since Tuesday and I am already having a really hard time with sweets. Every morning on my way to work I stop at a convenience store and get a Coke Zero and it's been really hard not to grab a candy bar or some kind of Hostess snack cake. One morning I literally walked around the store for like 5 minutes, trying to justify in my head allowing myself to have a 3 Musketeer. "It's only 260 calories, I will just cut back on something else" or "It's the candy bar with the lowest amount of fat.". Then I picked one up and held it for a minute and put it back and got a pack of gum instead. It is SO hard. I know that I am a total food addict. I keep wishing I had binged on donuts or something prior to getting back on track cause I feel like I can't shake the cravings!

So yeah, no words of encouragement, but I am right there with ya. At least you're having good results on the scale! That's gotta make it a little easier to stay on plan, no?

Major
April 21st, 2011, 05:27 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad I'm not alone. I also pick stuff up and put it back down I just keep feeling like 'one tiny hershy kiss won't hurt' ... but those tiny things all add up. I seriously just really MISS sitting down and binging.

The turkey meatloaf was atrocious. It looked like cat throw up and I didn't even put any on my plate. I have no idea how it tasted (Lily and Granny seemed to like it) b/c I couldn't get past how it looked.

I feel like, I saved all of those calories by not eating meatloaf... I DESERVE to go raid Granny's chocolate closet... something, anything.

I'm trying to hold out to weigh myself on Sunday. That will be tough since its Easter as far as Easter dinner goes. But my parents are doing this too so we're trying to provide some healthy options to load up on in between the garbage everyone else is surely bringing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search