Workout buddy?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2011, 01:32 PM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
So I was wondering if anyone would want to be my workout buddy. We could make up a schedule of what days we're going to work out and what we'll do and PUSH each other to actually work out. I know I could use all the inspiration I can get and having someone doing it with me would be great. I'm guessing if we had the same goals it'd help but I'm not going to be all that picky. I really just want to tone up since I'm at a good weight. There's lots we can do...share recipes...food diaries.

anyone interested??

April 23rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ummm yes. I am. I am in the same boat....I'm 10 pounds under my weight pre-babies but need major toning, and have no motivation right now!!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

April 23rd, 2011, 02:55 PM
So lets do it then!!! I want to start asap since I have some motivation. I went grocery shopping today and got some healthy stuff (need to get more if I'm going to be serious about this). Bought some sports bras. I'm basically ready to go.

For working out I was thinking (if you want) we can do the same DVD. I have 30 day shred, p90x and some other one I can't think of but I don't mind buying something. For some reason I really want to get the brazilian butt lift system haha.

April 25th, 2011, 03:03 PM
To be totally honest, I'm sort of burned out on workout DVD's. I have done the 30 day shred, 10 minute trainer, and a slew of other Jillian Michaels and that same type of videos until my eyeballs wanted to fall out, and I just want to get outside and run/walk/jog/bike; whatever. So we have a couple of options:

a) both do something different but an equal amount of working out (ie, you do 20 minutes of Jillian, I'll run 2 miles)

b) find out if anyone else is interested in signing up for a workout buddy and pair people up based on the kind of fitness they want to do

What do you think?

April 27th, 2011, 06:26 AM
I completely understand. My plan is to do videos and some sort of cardio. I have a treadmill that I can use and now that the weather is getting better I'll start going to the track. So we could match each other on the cardio aspect. I don't really like doing the videos but need to get in strength training to tone up.

April 27th, 2011, 06:47 AM
I think the time I was in the best shape of my life was when I just walked with hand weights and rode bike every other day. But the walking with weights was huge....My arms were killer then! But I do want to do crunches and stuff, too....just not a whole video worth, ya know?

What if we set a goal of a certain amount or crunches/push ups, etc....and say, a half hour of cardio every other day to start? (just throwing stuff out there, give me your honest opinion)

April 28th, 2011, 06:35 AM
I like that idea a lot. lets do that. I can fit in crunches whenever so it's definitely do-able

May 2nd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Sweet. Are you able to start today? I already did some crunches this morning and could fit in a walk or run tonight.

May 2nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racine View Post
Sweet. Are you able to start today? I already did some crunches this morning and could fit in a walk or run tonight.
Yes I am. I haven't done anything yet today since I've been running around all morning but I'm hoping to be able to get on the treadmill whenever Ashlyn takes a nap. What's our cardio goal?

May 2nd, 2011, 05:12 PM
Um, I don't know...I'm not good at setting goals, do you have anything in mind?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search