Were you Early, On Time or Late?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I'm 36 weeks today! You know, for some reason I thought that 36 was considered full-term. Why I thought this, who knows, b/c every pregnancy source I come across says it's 37 weeks...but still, it feels good to finally reach the 36 week mark.

I have a question for you girls.

Were you early, right on time or late giving birth? Mamas who have more than one, did it matter in regards to how early you went into labor with your 2nd, 3rd, etc?

Everyone is telling me that I may go early b/c this is my second pregnancy and I also may go early b/c I JUST had a baby a year ago and everything is loose (lol, lovely, right?)

Is this true?? I was almost 41 weeks late with the diva and she came w/o induction.

Does anyone know what these menstural cramp feelings are? My stomach doesn't get hard but it started at dinner tonight...I just had uncomfortable cramps and then it radiated in my back, but more localized in my hip area not the middle of my back.

I also did experience true contractions this week...of course they are false b/c they were random, but they were low and started in the back and were not BH...at least I don't think they were.

If you girls remember, I never had BH contrax's with the diva and even though this should be so familiar to me, it's not. I can't remember.

So anyways, let me know about the questions I asked...I feel like I may go at 38ish weeks...not sure why...I'm not rushing it though...my hosp. bag isn't even packed.

I'm a hot mess!!!....sigh...

April 29th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so excited!!!

M was um, just a tad early You know, 14 1/2 weeks or so

April 29th, 2011, 06:33 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Both girls were exactly 8 days early. My labor with Kaija stopped and then was restarted with pitocin. Kolbie was all natural.

The cramping you're feeling is most likely contractions! It could be a while yet though. Still, probably you should pack your bags.
April 29th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 2 weeks early with Rachel (and everyone was telling me I would go late because she was my first)! My water broke when I was 38 weeks and they started me on pitocin at the hospital. I remember having weird period like cramps a few days before my water broke though...in fact I even have a text that I sent to DH the weekend before saying I felt weird and that I had a funny feeling baby was coming that week. I would def get your hospital bag pack chica!! I'm excited for you!

I'm also curious if most people who went early with their first were also early for their next kiddos. I'm assuming I'll be early again but who knows...this time I'd be okay with a late arrival! haha!
April 30th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Hospital bag is semi packed...packed it last night...thankfully I never unpacked my personal goodies from last time so I still have shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc. already packed. lol.

I won't feel ready until we come up with a name. We are back to NOTHING now. It's almost funny really. I seriously think they will discharge us from the hospital with her name being Baby Girl or Jane Doe. Isn't that what they use if parents can't come up with a name?

April 30th, 2011, 10:06 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First baby - 37.5 weeks
Second baby 38 weeks
Third baby 37 weeks (labor stopped at 35 and 36 weeks)
Fourth baby 36 weeks

All of my babies are early...

April 30th, 2011, 08:44 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Both girls were early, but Lily was a week early and Abri just two days early. That crampy feeling is most likely contractions. You'll feel them earlier because it is your second baby but that doesn't mean she will come early.
May 1st, 2011, 04:46 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! 36 weeks! I always thought that was considered full term too - maybe because that is when my doc told me she would not stop labor.

Jed was only 3 days early, so pretty much right on time. I am actually hoping this baby stays in until my due date because I am really short on sick time. But I know I won't feel that way closer to the due date!

I am guessing the cramps are contractions. Maybe your body is gearing up!

And as for names - hopefully you will see hun hun2 and just know the name. I always thought that they wouldn't let the baby leave without a name...but that could just be a myth.

May 4th, 2011, 07:51 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow girl, i can't believe you're almost 37 weeks!!!!

Camden came 8 days late. I'm hoping my next baby will come earlier than that

May 5th, 2011, 04:45 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Didi was 16 days early.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE HAVING CONTRACTIONS!!! She'll be here before you know it!

May 5th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I have my 37 week appt tomorrow and I'm hoping he checks me--I know it means nothing...but I still want him too!

May 6th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You will have to let us know how your appointment goes - I just saw on facebook that you arent' feeling good - maybe this is the beginning of labor!

May 6th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
With my first I went two weeks early. My second was one week early. With Alex he came 7 weeks early. The period like feeling is probably contractions. I know that is what it felt like when I had them.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

May 6th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily was born at 39 weeks exactly and Vi was born at 38w,3d.

With Violet I had menstrual like cramps for about 2 weeks before she was born. Sometimes they'd last for a few hours and I would think labor might be starting.

36 weeks is usually the point when doctors will let you deliver without trying to stop labor. 37 weeks through 42 weeks is technically considered term, although many OBs will try to induce if you're past 40 weeks. If I remember correctly most first time babies are born past 40 weeks at around 40w,3d or something like that. Second babies are closer to 40 weeks average on even.

It is true that most second babies will be born earlier than the first, but not all.

May 9th, 2011, 07:46 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I firmly believe that if my labor had progressed the way it should have (I mean, come on, my contractions were 3 minutes apart for like 3 hours on April 27th before slowly going to 6-7 minutes apart by the morning of April 28th), Caleb would have arrived right on his due date of April 28th. But since my labor stalled and had to be induced with pitocin to get my contractions back down to 2-3 minutes apart, he was born two days after his due date. I'm actually hoping this baby makes it to AT LEAST 40 weeks just because Caleb is such a handful and I don't think I can manage two any time soon!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search