Interesting...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
npayne's Avatar Veteran
In the year prior to getting pregnant with Natalie, I put on 15 pounds. I blamed it on stress, but I was also taking Zoloft for anxiety. I stopped taking Zoloft while pregnant, but my OB put me right back on it in the hospital. I lost most of the baby weight in the first few months, but that extra 15 pounds has been hanging around, no matter how hard I've tried to lose it. I've been doing 1200 calories a day and going to the gym 3-4 days a week. The scale just wouldn't budge. So ....... 12 days ago I decided to stop taking Zoloft.....and I've already lost 5 pounds!!!
AND I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY THAN I HAVE BEEN FOR THE PAST 9 MONTHS. I guess the Zoloft was keeping my metabolism so low that my body just couldn't lose weight. I am sooooooo relieved to finally be able to lose weight again! I was getting so frustrated that I was ready to throw in the towel. My anxiety has increased since stopping the Zoloft, but it's not bad enough to make me want to start that horrible medication again.

May 4th, 2011, 04:49 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you figured out what was going on! congrats on the weight loss! I hope your anxiety stays in check so you don't need to go back on the meds again!
May 4th, 2011, 06:59 AM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bet that felt good!

May 5th, 2011, 12:12 PM
StarrMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate the control that meds have over weight. I remember years ago getting Depo and gaining a good 10 lbs (but I was very small, so it was definitely noticable). I couldn't lose it for anything. A doc told me it had to be out of your system for about 2 YEARS before you'd likely be able to lose the weight. And they were right, I lost it a little after that.

Also, I was on Adderall earlier this year which kept my weight steady. Since going off it I've gained almost 10 pounds- in like 2 months!

Congrats on finding a solution! I hope your anxiety doesn't cause you too many problems.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search