Update

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2011, 01:35 PM
AngelaMarie's Avatar Owen's Mommy
Just thought I would post an update here. I had an amnio this morning. It didn't go too bad. It didn't hurt at all, just a bit crampy now. We should have the preliminary report in 2 to 3 days. We know a few more things now. The baby's spine is still curved. Both feet are clubbed feet, and the baby has Omphalocele which is a deformity in the abdominal wall. The doctor said today with all the new markers they believe the baby has Trisomy 18. Hopefully we can get some real answers soon so the waiting and not knowing part will be over.
May 9th, 2011, 02:48 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I'm glad the amnio itself wasn't too bad, the thought of that test always scared me. I'm sorry you're having to wait so long for answers, I'm sure that's the hardest part. I'll be praying for you and baby. *big hugs*

May 9th, 2011, 03:05 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait until we know more and all of the horrible w aiting/unknowns is over! KUP!

May 9th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sending positive thoughts still. This must all be so overwhelming.

Major
May 9th, 2011, 04:45 PM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending positive thoughts your way. Waiting and not knowing is so hard.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig

May 9th, 2011, 05:28 PM
caring21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to caring21
Thoughts and prayers are sent your way. Like Rachel, the amio test has always scared me, but I'm glad that it went ok and that you were able to get some answers. Thank you so much for updating us, I was wondering how things were going for you.

Lindsay & Pascal proud parents to William

May 9th, 2011, 06:33 PM
AngelaMarie's Avatar Owen's Mommy
I feel pretty overwhelmed right now. They don't even give me ultrasound photos of the baby. I asked them to check gender today and she just kind of waved her hand at me and said the amnio would tell us. I really hate that I don't even have any photos since the baby was 11 weeks old. I'm definitely going to bring it up to my regular OB next week. It's like it somehow diminishes the pregnancy or how I feel about the baby just because something is wrong? It really upsets me.
May 9th, 2011, 11:56 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
That's awful that they haven't given you pictures or anything.. I would definitely say something to your OB about it. No matter what the circumstances, that's still your baby and you still love him/her!

May 10th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lots of T&Ps for your husband. That's so sad that they won't give you pics or tell you want your baby is. Hopefully, your OB will correct this or at least explain more of a reason why.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search