**UPDATED** Please READ! Sweet PETE

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2011, 02:55 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
**Anyone before Amy H (me, Kim, Jenna)...would you like another chance with the mascot since it has changed from the pea to the monster?

**Is there ANYONE on this list that decided not to participate? If so, PLEASE PM me! I know someone asked before I think I forgot to remove you, and I deleted the PM so I can't look back. ANYONE that wants to be ADDED, PM me please!

**Please. if you're on the list, respond and at least just say "Yes" or something if you're still in and you read this. ANY questions?

**Michele, is the notebook still with him?

1. Melissa N.
2. Kimberly H.
3. Jenna B.
4. Amy H.
5. Amy S.
6. Nichole A.
7. Michele B.
8. Loni H.
9. Alexandra C.
10. Alethia N.
11. Naomi O.
12. Heather W.
13. Amy (ajt)
14. Kenya
15. Jennifer C.
16. Amanda A.
17. Kelli W.
18. Jenna
19. Bev J.
20. Neepa S.
21. Melanie S
22. Meg L.
23. Brooke L
24. Katryn H.
25. Jenny
26. Courtney R.
27. Christina K.
28. Amy M. (amymgem)
29. Melissa N.
30. Karina U
31. Jenny B
32. Callie L
33. Theresa J.
34. Maria L.
35. Amie S.

This list shows who will be mailing to you (ie: who will have your address) and who you will be mailing to. I tried to organize it from DC to northeast to northwest then southwest to southeast...then Christina will send to our buddies in Canada...then our buddies overseas

PLEASE let me know ASAP if any of this doesn't work for a certain person.

"Guidelines"

--we're adults, I feel silly calling them rules, but I basically compiled guidelines/ideas from other PR's for this, I want everyone to get their turn with her--

1. 1.You must agree to contact me (Pink.In.A.House.of.Camo) if you decide not to participate at any point or decide not to stay on JM.

2. You must be committed to trying our best not to lose our mascot (it happens a lot in other PR's --just search mascot and read the stories, if you want) and to mailing it on to the next recipient.

3. You may mail Sweet Pete however you (or your post office) feels is least expensive. I posted in the original thread that it will all fit in a flat rate box, which costs $4.95. The max anyone in the US would pay is $4.95 but if you prefer to ship by weight, you may do that too...whichever you feel is most convenient and least expensive. Another tip: if you use the FREE flat rate boxes, you can print the postage and arrange on USPS.com for your mailman to pick it up at your door Also, it is a wise idea to have a tracking number...I'm not making it mandatory because I know we're trying to keep shipping costs down, but I highly recommend it, if you are able.

4. You must be an active member...if you haven't posted in a week (or two) before your turn, you will be removed. Obviously life happens and things happen and we get busy so we're not holding anyone to this, but if you get busy and don't think you'll be able to mail it on, just PM me and we'll work something out.

5. If you receive Sweet Pete and for some reason (financially, too busy, etc) for SOME reason cannot mail her on, PLEASE contact me and we'll work something out.

7. If you, or anyone in the household, is sick, PLEASE let us know so we can skip you and come back, we don't want to pass germs around. Also, if anyone gets sick, gets Sweet Pete dirty, slobbers on her, a pet gets a hold of her, or she is around a smoking person, PLEASE sanitize/wash her AND notify me via PM. Some of our babies have certain allergies or health ailments that would be very harmful if exposed so PLEASE be mindful of our JM sisters and babies! When you receive her, please also try to wash/sanitize her for your own safety also.

8. Once Sweet Pete arrives at your house, you can keep him UP TO one week and take AS MANY pictures with him as you'd like! Include him in all your families activities, it's fun! If you live near any cool landmarks or fun places, that always makes a neat picture! Otherwise, normal, everyday activities are fun too!

9. Once the journal and Sweet Pete's travels are over, I will ask that Amie mail it back to me and I will scan and upload all the journal pages so that we each can print and have a copy of the journal.

10. Please do NOT put 3d stickers/embellishments in the journal. Only flat stickers, embellishments/pictures/writing....it will get too thick with much embellishing.

Here's our original thread on it:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1294-september-2010-playroom/2201264-day-life-combined-traveling-mascot.html

Here is March 06's subforum with their mascot if you want picture ideas, stories, etc. because theirs was definitely one of the most successful on JM!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f446-mascot-travels/

Washing/Sanitizing Instructions *Important to keep Sweet Pete INTACT*

1. Fill your sink with HOT water and a SMALL amount of dishsoap

2. Allow Sweet Pete to soak 5-10 mins

3. GENTLY remove Sweet Pete from the water and press him between your hands to press the water out...do NOT squeeze, wring, or mis-shapen him.

4. Allow her to dry completely in a dry location...make sure she retains her shape.

~*AND/OR*~

Place Sweet Pete in a plastic bag then in your freezer for 24 hours. This will kill any living dustmites/allergens/most germs/etc.
Note: Please do NOT bleach or spray Sweet Pete with ANYTHING--Sweet Pete will probably be held, and hands go into mouths...it's that simple.

Okay ladies, this sounds like A LOT! If there are any questions, concerns, issues, etc. please PM me or post here! Otherwise, LET'S HAVE FUN with our TRAVELING Sweet Pete!
May 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just got sweet Pete in the mail 10 minutes ago. yes the notebook is still with him. He is taking a nap in my freezer tonight, but I will forward him on in 2 or three days.
May 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM
*Ava's Mommy*'s Avatar Naomi
Who has him now??

May 9th, 2011, 03:17 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
We are still in for having him visit.

May 9th, 2011, 03:37 PM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
We're still waiting for him to show up here!
May 9th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
We're still in.

May 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Yes

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
May 9th, 2011, 04:45 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Looking forward to him visiting! Will be neat to have him in the winter weather Cant believe our sweet peas will be ONE when Pete visits!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
May 9th, 2011, 06:29 PM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
YES

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

May 9th, 2011, 06:48 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im in
May 9th, 2011, 08:36 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesssss

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

May 9th, 2011, 08:37 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Were in!!!
May 10th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i am just a little lost as to how to know the procedure?

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
May 10th, 2011, 07:10 AM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so excited!!!! This is so fun!

May 10th, 2011, 07:38 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes - still in
May 10th, 2011, 11:28 AM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonisthird View Post
I just got sweet Pete in the mail 10 minutes ago. yes the notebook is still with him. He is taking a nap in my freezer tonight, but I will forward him on in 2 or three days.
Glad he got there ok.

If you have a steam cleaner, that will kill the germs too. I gave him a good steam and tossed him in the dryer on a low setting.

May 10th, 2011, 12:02 PM
bev26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You might be thinking of me...I asked to be removed from this and Picture Girl. Thanks

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for the wonderful siggy!

May 10th, 2011, 04:41 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
I'm in!

July 24th, 2011, 12:05 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
I wanna join in on the fun
July 24th, 2011, 09:37 PM
MamaMcGaw3's Avatar Veteran
I know I sent you my info but Im not on the list?

Tags
sweet pete

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search