Totally discouraging 2 months

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2011, 07:05 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I have been on a plateau for 2 months now. Lost a total of 1 pound. I've changed eating habits, routines, exercises (adding intervals, moving to classes) etc... and gained 3 pounds in my week off

Then I figured I can't take a week off, so back to tracking (in my head sometimes, not always on LoseIt).

Anyway, yesterday, I got on and I lost the 3 pounds I gained. FINALLY. But I'm still at this plateau weight. I hate it.

Maybe something's moving again. Who knows. We'll see after the week's over and I weigh again probably Monday or so. It's been very, very upsetting. I'd understand if I were like 15 pounds from my ultimate goal... but I'm FAR from that, and still about 31 pounds from my initial goal. Sigh.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had all the time in the world, but I really want to get down before we TTC. Originally, I was on track to reach my goal by July, but obviously, that's no longer possible Losing weight is one key to hopefully boosting our chances

FX!

just thought I'd vent.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 11th, 2011, 07:08 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
I hate that plateau point are you still bf'ing at all or did you wean completely yet?
May 11th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I finally weaned completely. BF was doing nothing to help lose weight (didn't with DD, either). I didn't see any befits with or without it :shrug: I'm drinking more water thought

May 11th, 2011, 07:25 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Oh Gwynne - I am so sorry. Don't I remember you saying you were a member of a gym? If you are, I think it is TOTALLY worth the money to buy a little package with them. Even if it's just 3 session. That way you can sit down with them and get their professional POV about everything. Then the other 2 sessions can be spent coming up and trying out a exercise routine that works what you want to focus on.
I know sometimes people have the opinion that weight loss is simple math. What goes in has to be burned off, but for some reason your body isn't responding to that. So a physical trainer might have a specialized diet or routine for you to follow.

Good luck. Even if you aren't loosing, you are become healthy.

May 11th, 2011, 07:59 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Ok I had heard somewhere that sometimes people plateau if you are bf'ing bc your body jut doesn't want to let go of the survival mode. A had a great idea. Phys trainers have a lot of knowledge and can help a lot. They may identify an exercise or trainig program that you weren't aware of that will help you get off that plateau. I'm stuck here too gwynne so I hear ya. Mine is diet related....I still eat like I'm pregnant and I've sat at my same weight for months. Itsfrustrating for sure and even more so when you are doing all the right things (unlike me!)
May 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I've thought about the trainer thing. There are a few good ones connected to our gym. I've been going to zumba & ST class with one of them, and she really makes me sore

If Monday = plateau, that may be my next step.

Thanks, girls!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search