Friday Five (a little late)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2011, 05:34 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
What are your Top 5 most favorite things your LO has done so far in his/her little life?
May 13th, 2011, 07:15 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
lol, I just got home and was coming to do this!

tough question - must think on this and get back to you!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
May 13th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. Being born...seriously pushing for 3 hours while she was stuck on my pelvic bone was a bit freaky. I'm so glad I had a healthy home birth and at the same time I am still a little traumatized by how close it came to all going wrong (which I wasn't really told about/didn't realize until after the birth)

2. Walking. I love that she walked so early at 7 months and surprised us all since we didn't think she would beat Lily starting to walk at 7.5 months

3. Learning how to give hugs/kisses. She is so freaking adorable when she gives hugs and kisses. She pats people's backs when she hugs them and she does a whole smack with the kisses

4. Using the potty. Kinda dumb and I'm sure there are plenty of other faves I could think of, but she's going on the potty when I put her there a ton and that means I only have to change about 2-3 diapers a day. Plus, when she's pooping she will go and hit the potty and poop in it! And we haven't even started potty training yet, so I'm hopeful she'll be potty trained around 17/18 months like Lily was.

5. Completing our family. I just feel like Vi is the perfect fit for us and we are definitely complete if we want that. I think I could still definitely see us with more kids, but I can also see us as a family of four and be okay with that completely.

May 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just five? that is tough!

1. Arch does this thing when he wants to sit in my lap where he crawls or walks over and then turns around and does a back up scootch into my lap. It's so sweet. He sits and then snuggles back further.

1.5 After Archie does the sitting in my lap thing, I'll often start kissing his head and when I stop, he tips his head back to look at me as if he is saying, "keeping giving me kisses, mom!" I just love his big blue eyes looking at me!

2. I love hearing him talk. He is on a HUGE "Mama" kick right now. Sometimes I wish he would stop the whiney "mama"s but I love that he talks to me and asks for me. If I am not paying enough attention to something he wants, he yells "MAMA" and it's just so darn funny! He also adores our dog and says "Baba" every time he sees her. Then he looks at me to confirm and I say, "yes, it's Bella" and he replies "Baba!" I swear he says "thank you" too. I mean, it doesn't come out like that, but Jack has been very polite lately and is thanking us for everything, so I think Arch may be picking it up.

3. I'm going to steal Shelley's idea and also say being born! Archie's birth went so well and was a happy, joyous, memorable day. I love that I went into labor on my own this time and that I got to experience true, full blown contractions (as excruciating as it was in the moment). I love that we were so much more relaxed than we were with Jack's birth. I love how easy and calm everything was - even pushing. We were all talking in between pushes and it was just a perfect delivery. Ryan and I got to be with Archer alone for a while right after he was born, which we couldn't do with Jackson -- it was just a fantastic and perfect day. And it was April Fools!!!

4. Eating tons of stuff! I love feeding Archie! He eats a lot of foods and will beg like a puppy if I am eating something on the couch and he spots me. He's so cute when he eats - it looks like his big chubby cheeks are already stuffed full!

5. How he shakes his head "no" as he is doing something that he knows he isn't supposed to do (touch the dog's water, take the childproof strips off the hearth, try to unplug something)
May 13th, 2011, 09:43 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Quote:
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox View Post
lol, I just got home and was coming to do this!

tough question - must think on this and get back to you!
LOL! I was out all day too and this was the first thing I did when I got home!

Okay...

1. Kolbie loves loves loves to give affection. She runs up to us and other people she knows and gives the best knee hugs! She also gives wonderful baby kisses and never went through that open mouth slobber kiss phase. And like Vi she pats or rubs our backs when she hugs us!

2. She doesn't talk much but we've noticed that she actually is saying "Kaija" now!! She was running around the house yelling "Di-duh!! Di-duh!!" all night long. It was A-DOR-A-BLE. She was peeking around corners and looking everywhere for her big sister. Kaija wasn't hiding but Kolbie was still pretending like she was. It's amazing the love they have for each other.

3. Hitting physical milestones has been fun to watch as well. It nice to have a baby move a bit slower this time around, not that she didn't hit a lot of things early, it's just that we didn't have much time to enjoy Kaija being a baby it seemed. Kolbie gave us an extra 3 months of crawling that Kaija didn't. Kaija was born ready to run. Kolbie has always been content to sit and watch. I love that!

4. I am so happy that Kolbie has been a fantastic nurser! It has made life so much easier to be able to breastfeed as long as we have. I had every hope we'd make it to a year but I had no idea it would still be going as well as it is.

5. And one of my other favorite things Kolbie does is sing Kaija is always singing something or other and it seems that Kolbie is picking it up too. It's so fun to listen to her singing! You can ALMOST pick up the beginning of the ABC's. Almost.

(Okay, that was hard! What was I thinking )
May 14th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Man, this is tough...

1. Um, simply put - being alive! He's had a life threatening infection, surgeries, and so many other issues he's needed to overcome in his short little life and he's just amazing. You can't even tell hes a preemie and i just can't believe how "normal" he is bec when you have a preemie you hear all the horror stories!

2. I dont know if this counts, but i love that he is a scheduled baby. Depending on the time of day i know exactly why he's grumpy and its fabulous and makes things so easy (i am a very structured person).

3. At the same time though, he's also very easy going. Things like transitioning to his crib, switching from the bottle, switching from not swaddling etc have all been incredibly easy

4. He's an amazing sleeper. He start STTN about a month after he came home, sleeps late and still takes 2 awesome naps and for the past couple months he hasnt even been fussing at all when i put him in bed for naps. Bedtime has NEVER been an issue, its amazing to me if its between 930 and 1030 he'll go to bed no matter what is going on. And right before i put him in his crib i rock him for a minute andd he puts his head on my shoulder and snuggles me before i put him in bed. SO CUTE

5. Because we werent (and really, still arent) sure how he would develop watching him learn new things is the most amazing thing i can ever imagine. He now toddles across the room across the dog, waves in his own funny way, says dada and climbs like crazy... i like watching him figure new things out... like yesterday he figured out how to get onto the couch and he is SO proud of himself now. He's slower then alot of your LO's but thats fine with me

May 16th, 2011, 09:09 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) the way she only wants me. Sometimes it gets to be stressful but overall, it secretly makes me happy when she only lets me hug her or hold her. I don't have the heart to tell her...I'm not really as cool as she thinks I am!
2)saying "Mama". She says it constantly and uses it anytime she wants something she can't get herself.
3)how excited she gets when she sees that its time to nurse, or when she sees her bottle of cows milk coming
4)how she waves to people. Espicially when she's waving to her siblings getting on the bus
5)the way she settles in so sweetly when I lay her down for naps or bedtime. She tucks her lovies under her arm and smiles at me. Occassionaly she does cry for about 30 seconds but then does the above. I just want to snatch her back up and hold her again. She's so cute and I'm so in love with her.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
May 17th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Jed loves to dance and sway to the music. He does this adorable circle in the living room when music is playing. I love that he loves music!

2. He is finally giving kisses and hugs. They are big open mouth, messy kisses, but he will squeeze me really tight when he hugs!

3. He has been such an easy baby - good sleeper, good eater, put himself on a good schedule. I am worried this next one will be a terror!

4. I love watching him figure things out. I can literally see the wheels turn in his head and it is the coolest thing ever. He is making connections between the bunnies in the book and the bunnies on tv and I love it.

5. Smiles. Jed smiles all the time and with his big blue eyes - it just melts my heart. I feel so blessed to have this amazing little family.

Tags
friday , friday five , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search