How is everyone doing?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2011, 12:36 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With eating and working out?

I am still not on the wagon. But I am looking at meal ideas so I can start making my grocery list.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
May 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm back o n my 17 day diet. I started last Thursday and weighed myself today... I've lost 2.4 pounds in four days. SIL started at the same time and has lost 3.2. I haven't been working out but am going to start going to the zumba classes and leaving Lily in the childcare there. I've never left her with anyone but my mom but I think she'll do okay. DH and I have gotten too busy in the evening when he works out for me to try going to the gym then, so if I don't do this I just won't go.

May 16th, 2011, 02:21 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard Zumba is really fun. And, Lily is old enough now that she should be fine with the childcare for such a short time. Also, it's not like you're really leaving her, she's just going to be in the other room. The city is having a Zumba class this summer at the park rec room that's around the block form my house. I'm hoping to be able to go.

I've been doing really good. Last week I walked 13 miles pushing Connor in the stroller!! I was really proud of myself. And I've been sticking to my points. That being said, I lost nothing I don't quite get it considering I did better than the first week (where I lost 6 pounds) and I started excercising.

I'm trying to not let it get me down. My pants aren't tight anymore so I guess that's progress. I walked another 3.5 miles today and am making WW philly cheese steak for dinner tonight. YUM!

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

May 16th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Agh I'm sorry you didin't lose Karen. I did great on WW the first few times I did it but then got into the habit or sticking to my points and not losing. I was just using all of my points for junk... I'd hoard them almost all day so I could eat a big dinner (DH had so many more poitns than me so he could eat high point meals, which I couldn't) and then at night I'd have WW ice cream and 100 cal packs and all of this garbage. I was still eating like all carbs and sugar... which is why I wasn't losing. That's why this 17 day diet thing is working for me, b/c even on WW I could still eat within my pts range and eat garbage and not lose. Iknow you're supposed to eat X servings of fruits & veggies but I never did.

May 16th, 2011, 06:42 PM
peace.love.audrey
Karen - I have seen it tons of times where people will add exercise in and they don't lose that week but they do great the 2nd week. I hope that happens for you.

Shannon - My parents are on the 17 day diet and my mom keeps telling me to try it. I will have to read on it and see if it's something I can stick with.

AFM, I'm doing pretty $hitty. But for real, I have lost 5lbs since the semester ending which is nice. I want to lost 38lbs by August 23rd. I have started cooking more at home (I love my crockpot). I am struggling financially at the moment but once I get back on my feet, I will join the gym that is walking distance from my house.
May 16th, 2011, 06:56 PM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm done with the 5 day test. I'll weigh myself at my appointment tomorrow morning, but I have noticed that I'm getting full faster. I can still eat more than I should, but much less than before I did this. I don't expect to see any weight lost by tomorrow, but I know I did the right thing in doing the test. I'm going to look into the 17 day diet and see if that will work for me.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig

May 16th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Shannon, what is the 17 day diet?

You might actually like the new WW because fruit and veggies are free points. So, it's really encouraged me to start eating fresh fruits and veggies. I'm loving that the summer fruits are in.

May 17th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Karen - my MIL is about to start WW and I have been really anxious for her to do so so I can get my hands on her matierals and see how the poiints have changed since I did it.

As far as the 17 day diet I started a thread about it somewhere in this subforum but here's the general idea:

Its a book you buy that even though you can just figure out the foods, I really think the book is worth having.

It changes every 17 days. So cycle 1 is the first 17 and that's what I've stayed on since I keep screwing up and not completing a full 17 in one stretch, lol.

But you get to eat unlimited amounts of these lean protiens:
eggs
chicken breast
turkey breast
and a handful of fish but I don't eat seafood so I can't tell you what they are, I know tuna is one.

then you eat unlimited cleansing veggies, which are not the starchy ones so like
leafy greens
broccoli
cucumbers
mushrooms
asparagus
peppers
brussel sprouts
etc.

most veggies, just not potatoes, avocado, etc.

then you get 2 servings a day of low sugar fruits -- low sugar is apples, oranges, berries (any kind) etc. no bananas, pineapple, whatevs.

then you have 2 servings of probiotic a day: yogurt, cottage cheese, pill-form, saurkruat, etc.

and that's that for the first 17 days.

no breads, pastas, rice... its low carb and low sugar. Since those are my two main food groups (practically ONLY food groups) when I'm eating poorly... it does well for me to cut these out b/c then I DO lose.

the next cycle you add in potatoes, rice and lean ground beef, etc. but alternate cycle 1 & 2 every day so you keep losing. you just go through the cycles until you've lost the amount you want to lose and then it slowly has you add backc in things so that you are eating a healthy normal. it is designed to show you results quickly, so you can expect to lose 10 pounds or so in the first cycle.

I started April 14th, but then had 2 days off for our anniversary, 2 for Easter, and then an entire week from our trip where I ate TOTAL CRAP. So a month from my starting I am down 10 pounds, and that includes all the times I gained from binging in between.

While I still want a mfing cupcake like every day... I have found that I'm okay with no bread or potatoes or pasta... even though before those were major staples for me. I don't crave them now, but I still want sugar all the time.

May 17th, 2011, 08:09 AM
peace.love.audrey
Hey Shannon......my mom said something about not eating certain things after 2pm. Is that part of the program or did she pull that out of her arse?
May 17th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I had no idea that sauerkraut was a probiotic. How odd.

I really want to try the 17 day diet but I've just been under so much stress, it's hard. I just want to eat, eat, eat!

May 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
No your mom is right. Your supposed to eat the fruit early in th day and on cycle 2 when u add in starches like rice and potatoes you have to eat them by two. Or basically depending on the hours you keep... Just not right before bed so you have time to burn it off kwim?

I was surprised about the sauerkraut thing too Nicole!

May 17th, 2011, 04:12 PM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got weighed today and didn't lose a thing last week. I'm not surprised. I wasn't expecting to lose, just hoping not to gain. So, in a way, it was a win.

Shannon, maybe I'll try the 17 day thing after we get paid. Andrew will think I'm nuts, but we'll see how it works. 2 and a half weeks isn't very long, but man, I'm addicted to my carbs, so it'll be tough.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig

May 17th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Shannon, I know what you mean about the carbs. I can cut out bread, potatoes and pasta NO PROBLEM. It's the sugar I have an issue with!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search