Switching from bottle/formula to cup/milk?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Veteran
I'm trying to figure out when and how to start switching Grayson from a bottle with formula over to a sippy cup with milk. He already drinks water and juice from a sippy, but he still loves his bottle especially when he gets up in the morning and when he goes to bed. He'll be 11 months old on Friday. Any ideas/thoughts? Thanks!

May 18th, 2011, 09:55 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Around the time Sam turned 11 months, I started offering milk in cups during the day in attempt to cut out formula bottles, I thought it would take a while but it didn't, he drank down the milk and never missed the bottles during the day, so then I phased out the morning bottle and right now he still gets a bottle of formula before bed because he really likes that bottle so I am not going to take it away just yet, maybe in a month or so I will try but he will be one on Saturday and is off bottles and drinking all milk except for that one bottle before bed which is formula because I like to keep milk in cups and formula in bottles, it is just my weird thing LOL
May 18th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am struggling with this too. Kara likes warm formula in a bottle. I am dreading trying to get her to take cold milk from the fridge in a sippy......I think I will have to do it slowly. I am going to start only giving her room temp formula in a bottle. Then in a sippy. Then try to switch it out with milk.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
May 18th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With DD, I made the switch from formula in bottles to milk in sippy cups at one year because the doctor told me to.

With James, I plan to start offering formula in sippy cups as soon as I get around to buying some more sippy cups. Then at 12 months, I'll start phasing out the formula (offering half/half, then slowly down to just milk).
May 18th, 2011, 12:57 PM
harmstrong's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We already switched from formula to milk. And he's doing great. he's 11 months. He was flat out refusing formula which is what my other two did when we switched them.
For now he still gets a bottle. He's going on a trip with my mother in law this weekend. So when he gets back we'll start phasing out the bottle in favor of the sippy. He does great with the sippy now, he just loves his bottle too.
May 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Veteran
Thanks for all of the advice. I'll be trying milk with him tomorrow in the morning and at night in the bottle and then during the day, try to use only sippy cups.

May 18th, 2011, 04:26 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
With my oldest I started by putting the formula in sippy cups, and then started making it colder and colder. He never took to milk though - now he's almost 4 and still won't drink it.

My second refused to yield her bottle, so I just started putting milk in it. She was more attached to the bottle than the formula, apparently. I wouldn't recommend this, though.. she still uses a bottle.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with Heidi. So far I just put milk in her bottle because she can't figure out how to use a sippy cup.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search