Hallelujah - we've found a sippy she'll use!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I have had the biggest hassle trying to find a sippy that Emmy will actually use - for more than just chewing on the spout.. I've tried soft AND firm spouts in small, medium & large, with and without handles, about a billion different brands.... today I went for my last two options - firm spouts that can go on regular everyday water bottles, and a sippy cup with a straw...

the straw works! she actually sucks the water out and drinks... FINALLY. I was thinking she was destined to just have a bottle for the rest of her infant/toddler-hood.. but hopefully not now.

did anyone else have difficulty finding the 'right' sippy cup?

May 18th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ashton LOOOVES straw sippies too! I haven't bothered with regular non straw ones yet LOL!
May 18th, 2011, 08:56 PM
shannonranee
I took me forever to find a sippy that natalie would take. she takes a straw one also but I swear we have like 10 different sippies in the cupboard.
May 18th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I wish I'd just tried a straw one right from the start now! It's funny because Gaby didn't really cotton on to how to use a straw one until she was closer to 18mo... lol

May 18th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only went straight to straws because he kept swiping Summer's straw sippies. I also like that if I forget his sippy I can buy a bottle of water and stick a straw in it
May 18th, 2011, 09:42 PM
yea that's a good thing!

May 19th, 2011, 05:02 AM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a problem finding one also! I think I was buying a new sippy every time I went to the store to find one she would use.

May 19th, 2011, 05:04 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started Sam with the soft spout Avent sippy cups and he did well with them, now he will drink out of any sippy cup. For the longest time he didn't get the whole straw thing but this past weekend he grabbed dd's straw cup and chugged away, it was like it finally just clicked and now he gets the straw thing LOL
May 19th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
We got luck the first time with the straw sippies.Glad you found one for her.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

May 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Veteran
We must have tried a million regular sippy cups and Grayson hated them all. When we tried a straw sippy cup, he caught right on. Now I have a huge bag of sippy cups that he'll probably never use again. Oh well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search