if you've started the transition to cows milk...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
if you've started the transition to cows milk (and I guess are using formula or expressing), how much cows milk are you using & how much formula/EBM?

May 18th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i make her 6oz bottles so i started with 1oz goats milk, 5oz formula, then the next day 2oz goats milk, 4 oz formula and so on.

Thanks KELLY for my amazing siggggyyyy.
May 19th, 2011, 04:42 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't mix the milk and formula, I just started giving milk in sippies and cutting out a bottle of formula for the whole milk sippy, right now he gets milk except for his bedtime bottle is still formula. We didn't have any transition issues, no belly or poop problems, he made the transition easily.
May 19th, 2011, 04:58 AM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are still trying to make the transition. I've tried the mixing thing and it didn't work well with Elliot. Some days I alternate back and fourth with bottles of whole milk and bottles of formula. It's like the whole milk doesn't satisfy her. 4 oz of whole milk and then the next one will be 4 oz of formula. I think we are going to have to buy the toddler formula, but that is also because she hates eating. (whole different post) Sorry I'm no help!

May 19th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I started offering whole milk in Abigail's sippy cups with her meals a couple weeks ago. She is doing well with the milk so far. When I dropped her off at daycare this morning I told her sitter that I wanted to start weaning her off of her bottles so I hope the switch goes well.

May 19th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I haven't done it yet.I need to start introducing cow milk though.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

May 19th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to start mixing 50:50 milk:toddler formula next week for a couple of weeks until our formula runs out and then most likely all milk. She's already had a few sips of milk and we didn't have a problem, but we shall see.

My Ovulation Chart
May 19th, 2011, 06:55 AM
♥susan♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was doing half BM and half whole milk until my freezer stash ran out. We are now down to 1oz BM and 4 oz whole milk and today is the last day of frozen BM. Tomorrow I will do all whole milk and then nurse AM and PM.
May 19th, 2011, 07:26 AM
mommykristina's Avatar mommy to 3!!
Send a message via AIM to mommykristina
We haven't started cow's milk here yet b/c Alex is on soy formula, but i'm sure when we start i'm going to try him on a lil bit of Whole Milk, and if it doesn't agree w/him then i'm switchin to Lactaid, that's what i had my other 2 on when they turned 1 b/c they had the same issues with milk.

May 19th, 2011, 07:55 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am usually just BFing but if I just need my sleep I admit I will give him a bottle of milk every couple of days.

May 19th, 2011, 08:53 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started at 1oz goat milk to 4oz formula (because she takes 5oz bottles). And went up an ounce of milk per week from there. We switched to Lactose Free milk at the 3oz mark (because she was refusing bottles with goat milk mixed) so we went back to the beginning. We are now at 3oz milk/2oz formula and will stick with that until our formula runs out, which at this rate will take about a month. Then we will just go 100% milk. Sometime between now and then we will start offering sippy cups of just milk with meals/snack when she is at home. It's just too difficult to do that at day care so there she will still have a mix for awhile.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search