Really nervous about this D&C

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2011, 07:22 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'm scheduled for Thursday and I just wish I felt SOMETHING. Pain, cramping, spotting, bleeding, anything to make me know for sure that something is wrong. All I have is the ultrasound that showed no "significant" growth since the previous week and no heartbeat. I'm sure the ultrasound is right, but I hate having any lingering doubt at all going in to this D&C. I'm feeling great, aside from nausea here and there which has never gone away. I totally know in my head everything is over but I can't seem to convince my body. This really sucks. I did get my blood draw results today - 45,000. It sounds low for 7 weeks, but I have nothing to compare it to since I haven't had another blood draw in 2 weeks. I just called and talked to the doc in the office at the moment, but he was in a hurry and couldn't give me any idea of what that number meant. He suggested another ultrasound and said they would call to schedule it. I don't think he realized that I had already had a second ultrasound though, so I doubt they are going to schedule me a third one. I'd be happy with another blood draw to see what happens to that number. Sorry to ramble, I'm just a nervous wreck at the moment.

May 23rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I were you and having those doubts, I wouldn't go through with it yet. I would get another blood draw so you can get another set of numbers. Not to make you any more nervous, but what I saw on the following website, said that numbers for 7-8 wks could range from 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml which is a huge range and your # fits into that range. Here's the link:
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG)—The Pregnancy Hormone : American Pregnancy Association

You can always schedule the D&C for later.

My Ovulation Chart
May 23rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
shannonranee
I too would not go through with it if you arehaving doubts. most likely they would do another ultrasound at the hospital before the D&C but if they call back and say they wont do a third then tell them you will not do the d&c without another ultrasound and blood draw.
May 23rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would ask to have another u/s if you are unsure, I have a friend who went thru the same thing, before she could go thru with the d&c she insisted on a final u/s right before the procedure, they did it and she was able to have the procedure and feel comfortable with her decision. don't do something you have doubts about!! good luck sweetie, KUP!
May 23rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely tell them you want that U/S and another blood draw. You will always wonder if you don't so be sure, jus for your own peace of mind. KUP and (((HUGS))).

May 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
Surprisingly, they got me right in for an ultrasound at 1 p.m. I also got another blood draw while I was there. I had the same tech who called me back the other day because she wasn't happy with the tech who had done my ultrasound that day. Anyways, she did an internal and external and confirmed that there was no change. I basically just have a sack filled with "debris" now. That's how she put it. I'm feeling a lot better about my appointment on Thursday now. I just had to be sure. This whole missed miscarriage thing sucks. It messes with your head.

May 23rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
More (((HUGS)))

May 23rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
Sorry that the results are still not good, but I'm glad that it puts your mind at ease. The last thing you want to deal with is mind games. Hugs and more hugs.

My Ovulation Chart
May 23rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I'm sorry. I'm glad you are feeling a little better about things. Regardless of the situation, you need peace before you can go through something like that.

The 1st time I was pregnant I thought everything was fine and didn't get my first ultrasound until I was 12 weeks. The baby measured 9weeks and had no heartbeat. I went 3 months thinking everything was fine...so I know how rough it can be. I didn't have a spec of bleeding either.

I hope everything turns out as best it can. Hugs to you!

May 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm sorry Leanne but I'm glad they got you in for another u/s to give you a firmer answer... (((big hugs)))

May 24th, 2011, 12:30 AM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Ugh so sorry girly. I would have asked for another ultrasound as well. Hugs

May 24th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy

At least you no longer have doubts. I'm glad they brought you in for another ultrasound and blood draw to confirm. But I'm sorry the results aren't good. We'll be thinking of you on Thursday!
May 26th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Hope everything goes smoothly today. Feel better.

My Ovulation Chart
May 26th, 2011, 08:24 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you today! Hope everything goes well.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

May 26th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything went ok today. I've been thinking of you.
May 26th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks ladies! Here is what I posted in the Pregnancy Loss board today:

"I had my D&C today and it went "ok". All of the doctors and nurses were sooo sweet to me, but I still couldn't help but cry when they were putting me under. I had 2 nurses holding my hands and tears were just streaming down my face. Everything went well though and I'm only bleeding a little bit. I had a little cramping right after words but nothing major. They said it was the pitocin still in my system. Thankfully, I pretty much feel like nothing happened. I took a long nap when I got home and DH has been helping with the baby. Emotionally, I'm still a little shaky.

It's just really odd how my body handled this thing. According to my last three blood tests (one today), my HCG numbers were still going up and were in the normal range for 8 weeks. My spotting stopped weeks ago and I would not have know anything was wrong if it wasn't for the 3 ultrasounds confirming that the baby had died almost 3 weeks ago. I'm glad I went ahead with the D&C. Walking around wondering when my body was going to catch up with the situation was nerve wracking. Now I can try to move on. As much as I want to TTC again, I'm terrified of going through this again. I don't know when I'll really be ready to risk it. "

May 26th, 2011, 06:56 PM
shannonranee
I am glad everything went good today (physically anyways). Now at least you can start the healing process instead of sitting around waiting for it to happen on its own.
May 27th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Glad the procedure went well for you. I've always thought that the emotional healing was the hardest. We are here for you if you need us. Hugs.

My Ovulation Chart
May 28th, 2011, 07:12 PM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I missed this and just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I had a miscarriage 7 months before getting pregnant with Derek and know how hard it can be.
June 1st, 2011, 07:48 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad eveything went smoothly, but I am so sorry that you had to go through this.

:dothugs:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search